Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4925382 times)

ClawsTheOne

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99993)
« Reply #11725 on: 2024-03-02 16:47:31 »
I'd play Type A first. It feels like a faithful adaptation but still enhances quite a lot, making both the storyline more sensible and the combat more balanced. Combined with graphical and musical mods, NT Type A makes the game feel like the definitive version, or the "true remaster", without all the padding and overly convoluted extras of the Remake/Rebirth, while giving you the full storyline. I'm still planning to play through Type B on my next run, but remember, that one will take quite a lot of liberties in the storyline (especially the Midgar section) and the boss roster.

Yeah I think this is the way to go because I finished FF7 a very long time ago (when the first PC version was released) so Type A would maybe bring back nice memories but feel fresh.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #11726 on: 2024-03-02 16:49:32 »
Hello ^^
Any ETA about the standalone installer v2.0.99993 ?
I'll need it to update the NT mod in my AIO pack (big release coming so if i can get your lastest version too, it would be cool)

Thanks for allllllll your great work about this mod !

Fulgrim66

• View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: 2024-03-04 13:22:26 »
Hello, I would like to report a bug for New Threat 2.0 Vanilla. When Aerith dies, instead of fighting Jenova Life, I find myself fighting the two Shinra soldiers from the first battle of the game after the train.

Running 7th Heaven 3.4.0.0 (stable) with FFNx 1.18.1.0
Thanks for your time.

Exeeter702

• View Profile
« Reply #11728 on: 2024-03-06 02:17:55 »
Hello all,

Im not really a regular here but was recently looking to get back into playing original FF7 and decided to play NT.  After getting up to around wall market on type b I decided that I prefer a slightly more original / vanilla scenario and opted to start over with type a. I couldnt seem to verify anywhere else online, is Tifa joining at the start of the game and the first boss being the altered guard scorpion up stairs a universal change for NT in both scenario types or is my install bugged and not changing to the correct type when I start a new game, as these changes are present when I select type A. I understand that there are some changes to the core game with NT (which I dont mind) but just wanted to be sure before I continue playing.

My other question which is related to the above I suppose, is scenario type A ultimately faithful to the original game in terms of narrative? I love the idea of an improved for fleshed out narrative fix for the game but still want to keep it true to the original games intent. Im sure its an unpopular opinion by many, but personally I have never enjoyed any of the post psx ff7 related games / media that has come out over the years "expanding" ff7s mythos and world. I noticed in type B, the script for the game seemed to more align with things like crisis core and remake being canon, which id prefer my ff7 game to have nothing to do with that (no offense to anyone who likes CC or Re). 

Thanks

Also, in case anyone is interested, steam has a program called lossless scaling. If will inject artificial frames (interpolation) into windows, including borderless full screen games, with minimal induced input lag. It has made playing ff7 with the 60 fps mod absolute eye candy, running at "120" fps. Absolutely gorgeous.   
« Last Edit: 2024-03-06 02:22:52 by Exeeter702 »

Fulgrim66

• View Profile
« Reply #11729 on: 2024-03-06 18:06:33 »
Hello, I'd like to report another bug for New Threat 2.0 Vanilla. During the fight against Jenova Death, it's not Jenova's musical theme that starts but North Crater's one.

I'm using 7th Heaven 3.4.0.0 (stable) with FFNx 1.18.1.0.

Fulgrim66

• View Profile
« Reply #11730 on: 2024-03-07 17:31:14 »
I'd like to report a new bug on NT Vanilla 2.0. The underwater boss that should normally give Barret his last weapon is bugged. Instead, we face a goblin.

rufusluciusivan

• View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: 2024-03-09 07:28:35 »
Hello all,

Im not really a regular here but was recently looking to get back into playing original FF7 and decided to play NT.  After getting up to around wall market on type b I decided that I prefer a slightly more original / vanilla scenario and opted to start over with type a. I couldnt seem to verify anywhere else online, is Tifa joining at the start of the game and the first boss being the altered guard scorpion up stairs a universal change for NT in both scenario types or is my install bugged and not changing to the correct type when I start a new game, as these changes are present when I select type A. I understand that there are some changes to the core game with NT (which I dont mind) but just wanted to be sure before I continue playing.

My other question which is related to the above I suppose, is scenario type A ultimately faithful to the original game in terms of narrative? I love the idea of an improved for fleshed out narrative fix for the game but still want to keep it true to the original games intent. Im sure its an unpopular opinion by many, but personally I have never enjoyed any of the post psx ff7 related games / media that has come out over the years "expanding" ff7s mythos and world. I noticed in type B, the script for the game seemed to more align with things like crisis core and remake being canon, which id prefer my ff7 game to have nothing to do with that (no offense to anyone who likes CC or Re). 

Thanks

Also, in case anyone is interested, steam has a program called lossless scaling. If will inject artificial frames (interpolation) into windows, including borderless full screen games, with minimal induced input lag. It has made playing ff7 with the 60 fps mod absolute eye candy, running at "120" fps. Absolutely gorgeous.

Tifa only joins the party at the start of the game in the Type B scenario. Same with the altered guard scorpion, it's only in type B. If you have these in Type A, then there is a bug. (Note however that in Type A, the guard scorpion comes back for an other round when you escape the Reactor, right after you save Jessie, trying to stall for time. And that's not a bug.)

Type A is faithful to the vanilla scenario - mostly improving the dialogues. It adds a couple of boss fights / mini-boss fights and a few scenes or dialogues here and there (most of them optional), but there isn't any wide change like in the beginning of Type B - with one exception: There is one potential big divergence at one point (roughly taking place in the middle of the story), but it's optional, so you can choose if you want a 100% faithful story or an altered one. I'll be using a spoiler tag because, while it's a well-known addition of the mod, if you went in blind it would be a shame to ruin the surprise. If you don't want to spoil yourself, just know that this change is optional, and it's easy to avoid triggering it. (It requires to act a certain way during a specific boss fight - and the solution will look pretty obvious once you reach the part.) The spoiler-y explanation:

Spoiler: show
During the fight with Jenova-LIFE, you can save Aerith's life if you defeat the boss without killing Aerith when Jenova re-animates her body to fight alongside it. If you want the original story, you just have to kill the re-animated Aerith, which isn't very hard because she doesn't have a lot of HP.

Heru

• Heru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: 2024-03-11 07:59:28 »
Do y'all prefer type A, or Type B? I'm kinda a type A purest I guess

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: 2024-03-11 11:10:53 »
Hello, I would like to report a bug for New Threat 2.0 Vanilla. When Aerith dies, instead of fighting Jenova Life, I find myself fighting the two Shinra soldiers from the first battle of the game after the train.

Thanks for your time.

there are 2 checks the mod tells you about to ensure kernel/scene data is loaded correctly at start of game.
check inventory see if reactor bomb is present in list, alongside first fight should be labled MP's alongside having materia differences from original.
I'd be willing to bet that your running other mods alongside. ensure check your load order. some other mods may of also had field/battle edits most likely overriding new threats scene.bin file for that fight.

Legs Million

• View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: 2024-03-12 10:05:49 »
Version: FF7 on Steam - NT 2.09999.7z (no other mods or mod loaders)

Probable bug:
Type B playthrough - when leaving Shinra HQ after the bike mini-game, you get thrown into fight. none of my characters have any of their materia equipped and they all start with limit break.
You are able to check and sort equipment/party before the mini game starts when it gives you directions for using the bike - everything is equipped as expected here.

EDIT: I managed to get around it, i believe pressing a certain button on mini-game instructions causes a reset to all equipped materia.
« Last Edit: 2024-03-12 10:22:13 by Legs Million »

TheBlackMage

• View Profile
Ribbon? '????' Enemy
« Reply #11735 on: 2024-03-13 05:30:37 »
Hi all.

Trying to find the Ribbon accessory. Doc says '????' enemy drops it but idk what that is or where it is. I'm currently on Disc 3.

rufusluciusivan

• View Profile
Re: Ribbon? '????' Enemy
« Reply #11736 on: 2024-03-14 07:39:25 »
Hi all.

Trying to find the Ribbon accessory. Doc says '????' enemy drops it but idk what that is or where it is. I'm currently on Disc 3.

Spoiler-heavy answer for those who haven't completed Disc 1:

Ribbon is dropped by the "Flower Girl" - aka Aerith's reanimated body during the Jenova-LIFE boss fight. If you spared Aerith, you don't get the Ribbon.

There may be an other way to get it - but if there is, I don't know about it. I'm hardly a completionist, so I didn't bother with most of Gold Saucer's sidequests.

Seraph_Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: 2024-03-16 14:09:14 »
Has W-Attack (2x-Cut) been changed so that it no longer targets the person you selected? When I try to use 2x Cut, the game targets all enemies, and then the character attacks two random enemies. I unequipped all the Materia from the character to make sure they don't have anything that conflicts. I gave Cloud nothing but W-Attack (Masamune as a weapon), and he still wants to target everyone with 2x-Cut, and the same for Tifa with nothing but W-Attack (Premium Heart as a weapon). Is this a bug or an intended effect or a problem with conflicting mods?

Here's the list of mods I'm using again: 60/30 FPS for NT 2.0, 60/30 FPS, Project Edge/Team Avalanche Remodeled Fields, Tsunamods: SYW Unified Field Textures, Avalanche Arisen Battle Textures, SYW Unfied Battle Textures, SYW Unified Spell Textures, SYW Unified Minigame Textures, Finishing Touch, Enhanced Stock UI, SYW Unified Worldmap Textures, Cosmo Memory, SYW Unified FMV, Ninostyle Chibi, ReMusic (NT compatibility), EDMusic soundtrack, Dracula9AntiChapel's arranged soundtrack, New Threat 2.0, Ninostyle Battle.

I remembered that I didn't get an answer to this question before.

Another glitchy thing I noticed: Cloud has equipped Counter Attack materias, and he occasionally counters the buff spells used by the other characters, such as Great Gospel, by attacking the character who cast the buff spell. Or if a character is confused and hits Cloud, he counters by beating up the character. Can you set the Counter Attack so that it's not triggered if an ally targets the character who has Counter Attack equipped?

Nickky9x

• View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: 2024-03-16 23:33:24 »
Hi there! I coudn't find the underwater material. Or maybe there is an other method to remove the 20 min limit for the Emerald Weapon boss fight?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: 2024-03-17 16:57:17 »
Dear Sega Chief!
First of all thank you your hard works!
I'm notice 2 things with your mod:
1. If I use the mod with Thunamods Finishing Touch the expanded icon is not working. (If the NT mod is off its working again.)
2. For example in the Elemental materia (but in other materia also) the Magic def -7 is actually lowering the Spirit stat.
The result is the same but not exactly, because if its really just the Mdef reduce the Spirit is still remain the same.
Please change this lowering to Spirit -7.
i don't know there is other typos but I'm playing :)
Best regards.

I think for the finishing touch icons there needs to be a NT setting enabled in their IRO for compatibility (if one has been added); if there is no IRO option then it's incompatible.

Spirit and Magic Defence are functionally identical. If you have, say, 50 Spirit with a 100 Magic Defence armour equipped then you have the exact same total magic defence as a character with 100 Spirit and a 50 Magic Defence armour equipped. The two values are added together and have the same weight. I can try and change the text string in the .EXE though if I can find it for consistency's sake.

Hello ^^
Any ETA about the standalone installer v2.0.99993 ?
I'll need it to update the NT mod in my AIO pack (big release coming so if i can get your lastest version too, it would be cool)

Thanks for allllllll your great work about this mod !

I'll put it together today, sorry for hassle.

Thanks for your time.

I prob swapped that in during testing for speed and forgot to revert it to the actual battle ID; sorry about that, I'll update the vanilla IRO today.

Hello all,

Thanks

Type A isn't supposed to have that happen at the start, sounds like the variable that handles it has gotten toggled to enable Type B somehow. I've replicated the bug so I'll need to update the mod today to fix it.

I'd like to report a new bug on NT Vanilla 2.0. The underwater boss that should normally give Barret his last weapon is bugged. Instead, we face a goblin.

That boss blocking the reactor isn't supposed to be there; I'll remove him (assuming you mean the boss before Carry Armour).

there are 2 checks the mod tells you about to ensure kernel/scene data is loaded correctly at start of game.
check inventory see if reactor bomb is present in list, alongside first fight should be labled MP's alongside having materia differences from original.
I'd be willing to bet that your running other mods alongside. ensure check your load order. some other mods may of also had field/battle edits most likely overriding new threats scene.bin file for that fight.

This user is on the vanilla combat version which doesn't have kernel checks, etc.

Version: FF7 on Steam - NT 2.09999.7z (no other mods or mod loaders)

Probable bug:
Type B playthrough - when leaving Shinra HQ after the bike mini-game, you get thrown into fight. none of my characters have any of their materia equipped and they all start with limit break.
You are able to check and sort equipment/party before the mini game starts when it gives you directions for using the bike - everything is equipped as expected here.

EDIT: I managed to get around it, i believe pressing a certain button on mini-game instructions causes a reset to all equipped materia.

I think there's this old thing there where it performs a full unequip when using the square button or something. I'll go ahead and remove that and replace it with a different button.

Another glitchy thing I noticed: Cloud has equipped Counter Attack materias, and he occasionally counters the buff spells used by the other characters, such as Great Gospel, by attacking the character who cast the buff spell. Or if a character is confused and hits Cloud, he counters by beating up the character. Can you set the Counter Attack so that it's not triggered if an ally targets the character who has Counter Attack equipped?

I'll need to test W-Attack and see what it's doing target-wise.

I don't think I can modify the way counter attack works, I'm afraid. I'm not sure where that routine lives.

Hi there! I coudn't find the underwater material. Or maybe there is an other method to remove the 20 min limit for the Emerald Weapon boss fight?

It was modified into a different materia but it still retains the 20-min countdown elimination; it can be acquired from the black-caped guy in the Mythril Mines by handing in all 12x 1/35 Shinra Soldiers (the documentation lists their locations).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)
« Reply #11740 on: 2024-03-17 17:23:10 »
I've updated NT to fix the Type A/B New Game problem, and I've updated VC to set the correct battle for the end of Disc 1 and removed the extra encounter from the Underwater Reactor. I've also updated the Stand-alone installer to the current files.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: 2024-03-17 17:42:20 »

For W-Attack, it seems it has the same random target property set as 4x-Cut. I think this is to avoid a bug that can happen with weapons that can target all enemies as part of their target conditions but I'll test it out and set 2x-Cut to be targeted again if turns out to be fine.

Batcow

• View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: 2024-03-18 10:58:23 »
Hello! I played 1.5 a few years ago and I'm trying 1.5 Arrange for the first time now, and Plasma Buster is beating my ass. Anyone have any tips?

Between the two of them I just cannot seem to heal through the damage while also killing them fast enough to not run out of resources. I thought maybe focusing the left one and hitting in the back would kill it quicker but the extra incoming damage from the counterattacks just ended up making things harder.

Honeyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: 2024-03-19 07:07:53 »
I am having some issues with crashes at the start of some specific fights.

I am playing New Threat 2.0 with 7th Heaven.

The first instance of this crash was the fight at the elevator when the party lead swaps to Aerith
The second instance was the boss fight at the cargo ship.
The third instance was the boss fight at the Forgotten Capital.

The only reason I was able to get past these fights was because I disabled new threat > did boss fight > reenabled after save point. I'm aware this might be why I am still having crashes on the 2nd and 3rd instance but I'm not sure. I've only backed up the saves for the 2nd and 3rd instance to try fix the errors with no success.

All 3 of these crashes have been the same. As soon as the fight starts, maybe around 0.5 sec into the transition, the game will force close with no error message that I can see. I've tried disabling all my other mods and left only New Threat and keep getting the same issue.

I have updated FFnx because I thought that was the issue but get the same error. Any help would be appreciated.

(Note: I have also tried the mod using the test saves listed on the main post and get the same crashes)
« Last Edit: 2024-03-19 07:29:51 by Honeyboy »

An

• View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: 2024-03-21 08:14:42 »
Hello. I am enjoying the Combat Only version of this mod. But I do have some concerns that only became apparent when I peaked at the changes you made to the game in the full version, some of which carry over to the Combat Only version.

Namely, that many of the boss enemy rewards were reworked. Some final weapon and limit break items are obtained that way, but a look at the readme shows that they have been moved to field events. Another issue is Cloud's Omnislash, which was a Gold Saucer reward. One thing that wouldn't be apparent from the description of Combat Only would be that "Combat Changes" also includes changes to shops, which seems like it would include Gold Saucer. It also seems Yuffie and Red's limit breaks were moved from battle rewards to field rewards.

If it is the case that these things are rendered unobtainable, then it would make sense to at least warn a potential user about it so they can be fully informed before investing any time in that version of the mod. If you have restored the original methods of obtaining endgame gear and limits, then no worries (though I'd have personally made a note of that as well).

Even if I have to give up on this mod, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks!

malexj93

• View Profile
« Reply #11745 on: 2024-03-22 15:28:20 »
Finally getting around to checking out v2.0 (Type B), and mostly enjoying it so far. However, I've noticed that a lot of the unique versions of bosses from v1.5 have been rolled back to their original iterations! I'm glad v1.5 is still around and maintained, but I have to ask: why did these get cut? One of my favorite parts about the mod was that pretty much every major encounter got a new color scheme and a new name to go with the new AI and mechanics. Midgar didn't really have this problem because of the Type B differences, but having just finished up the Boat section, I'm seeing more and more vanilla bosses. I get keeping Type A as close to vanilla as possible, but Type B really feels like the place to let loose with the wild ideas and crazy designs.

So far, a lot of the issues I had with v1.5 have been addressed in one way or another, so in terms of raw gameplay, I'm really loving v2.0. I just wish it didn't have to come at the cost of the interesting and creative boss changes!

gazman

• View Profile
« Reply #11746 on: 2024-03-22 15:52:08 »
Hi, wondering if someone has an answer i haven't been able to find. Im trying to get Barretts Ulitmate weapon. As far as im aware it drops from the X-ATM thaty spawns at Corel Reactor.
I'm unable to get him to spawn where he should.  I have Barrett in my party, and I've been to the bottom of the north Crater to the save point right before the end of the story.
I figure im missing something simple, but cant figure it out.

JohnFinalFantasy

• View Profile
« Reply #11747 on: 2024-03-22 22:57:15 »
Hi everyone.

I have been playing through the fantastic New Threat 1.5 mod and I have encountered a bug/glitch that prevents me from progressing. It appears to be isolated to one specific cutscene camera transition where the screen just goes black and the game becomes unresponsive. It occurs twice in quick succession in the early game due to the same camera angle/position being used for 2 different cutscenes and once in the endgame (so far from what I have played) and the only way to exit the game is to close the program manually.

It first happens in disc 1 Midgar when the party is climbing the Shinra HQ building. At one point (I can't remember exactly as it was a couple weeks ago this first occurred) there is a cutscene transition where we are shown President Shinra's dialogue with someone and at first we are shown the room at a wide angle - you can see the stairs coming up to the floor, President Shinra's desk and President Shinra. Right before President Shinra starts talking, the camera transitions to several feet in front of his desk, looking head on at him and the scene continues to play out. In my recent playthrough of New Threat 1.5 when I get to this point in the game's story, the cutscene starts as normal and I see the wide view of President Shinra's office but when it fades out to transition the camera position the screen stays black and the game becomes unresponsive and unplayable. I tried removing all other mods besides NT 1.5 and still I encountered this crash.

I did some searching online and found a post from a few years ago where someone encountered the same issue and was able to bypass it by saving at the last possible point before the cutscene starts, closing the game, switching installed mod to New Threat 2.0 and resuming the game. After the cutscene plays, find the closest save point and save the game, close it, and restart one more time but with NT 1.5 installed again. This did work for me and thankfully at this point in the game there is barely any progress between these 2 save points that it had no impact on anything.

This happens twice in this sequence in the story and so I encountered it again and bypassed it using the same method as before. I hoped it wouldn't be an issue again but I just recently got to the Dark Cave in disc 3 and as I have made my way through this piece of content there is a point where I am in this room again and the camera makes this same transition. The game unfortunately crashes like in the disc 1 instances but this time switching the New Threat 2.0 isn't working completely this time. I am able to start the game with NT 2.0 and trigger the camera transition but once it has repositioned nothing happens. There is no dialogue from the NPC in front of me and I am unable to interact with them. I am not sure if that is intended or not (i don't think it is) as I haven't fully played through the Dark Cave yet. I can able to move though but can't get out of the area from anywhere, not even the way I came - I am trapped essentially lol. I did make a save in another slot before venturing in there though so luckily I am only locked out of the content it seems.

I'd really like to see this quest through to the end so if anyone has encountered something similar and have figured out a way to bypass it please reply.

If not, if there is any other way I can exit the Dark Cave area without having to load another save file I am all ears. I want my Micro-Engine and LuvLuvG!

jonjrhr19

• View Profile
« Reply #11748 on: 2024-03-23 03:15:51 »
So i had a quick question. im playing the 2.0 part b version, and trying to start the Junon League. The tipsheet says to talk to the soldiers in the league hall in Junon, but when i talk to those guys, i just get the tips and advice menu, is there some other step im missing?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11749 on: 2024-03-25 04:45:13 »
Hello! I played 1.5 a few years ago and I'm trying 1.5 Arrange for the first time now, and Plasma Buster is beating my ass. Anyone have any tips?

Between the two of them I just cannot seem to heal through the damage while also killing them fast enough to not run out of resources. I thought maybe focusing the left one and hitting in the back would kill it quicker but the extra incoming damage from the counterattacks just ended up making things harder.

I took a look and it seems the majority of its attacks are %-based on the target's maximum HP. I'm unsure what a good way of getting through it without things becoming resource-intensive would be, as you'd likely need to burn a lot of Potions to deal with it. It's maybe worth trying grenades as they should deal a decent chunk of damage at that point. If you need more resource while in Reactor 5, Special Combatants drop Hi-Potions or Potions, Blood Hounds drop phoenix downs (and potions with a better rate than special combatant), and Proto-Machineguns drop Grenades. Sorry I don't have much better advice than that, 1.5's not too familiar to me by this point as a lot of time has passed.

I am having some issues with crashes at the start of some specific fights.

I am playing New Threat 2.0 with 7th Heaven.

The first instance of this crash was the fight at the elevator when the party lead swaps to Aerith
The second instance was the boss fight at the cargo ship.
The third instance was the boss fight at the Forgotten Capital.

The only reason I was able to get past these fights was because I disabled new threat > did boss fight > reenabled after save point. I'm aware this might be why I am still having crashes on the 2nd and 3rd instance but I'm not sure. I've only backed up the saves for the 2nd and 3rd instance to try fix the errors with no success.

All 3 of these crashes have been the same. As soon as the fight starts, maybe around 0.5 sec into the transition, the game will force close with no error message that I can see. I've tried disabling all my other mods and left only New Threat and keep getting the same issue.

I have updated FFnx because I thought that was the issue but get the same error. Any help would be appreciated.

(Note: I have also tried the mod using the test saves listed on the main post and get the same crashes)

I'm unsure what would be causing this; are you on Type A or Type B? Also, is this the main NT 2.0 IRO or one of the variants like the vanilla combat one?

Hello. I am enjoying the Combat Only version of this mod. But I do have some concerns that only became apparent when I peaked at the changes you made to the game in the full version, some of which carry over to the Combat Only version.

Namely, that many of the boss enemy rewards were reworked. Some final weapon and limit break items are obtained that way, but a look at the readme shows that they have been moved to field events. Another issue is Cloud's Omnislash, which was a Gold Saucer reward. One thing that wouldn't be apparent from the description of Combat Only would be that "Combat Changes" also includes changes to shops, which seems like it would include Gold Saucer. It also seems Yuffie and Red's limit breaks were moved from battle rewards to field rewards.

If it is the case that these things are rendered unobtainable, then it would make sense to at least warn a potential user about it so they can be fully informed before investing any time in that version of the mod. If you have restored the original methods of obtaining endgame gear and limits, then no worries (though I'd have personally made a note of that as well).

Even if I have to give up on this mod, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks!

I'll do a once over of it to get these things set back up; sorry for the inconvenience.

Finally getting around to checking out v2.0 (Type B), and mostly enjoying it so far. However, I've noticed that a lot of the unique versions of bosses from v1.5 have been rolled back to their original iterations! I'm glad v1.5 is still around and maintained, but I have to ask: why did these get cut? One of my favorite parts about the mod was that pretty much every major encounter got a new color scheme and a new name to go with the new AI and mechanics. Midgar didn't really have this problem because of the Type B differences, but having just finished up the Boat section, I'm seeing more and more vanilla bosses. I get keeping Type A as close to vanilla as possible, but Type B really feels like the place to let loose with the wild ideas and crazy designs.

So far, a lot of the issues I had with v1.5 have been addressed in one way or another, so in terms of raw gameplay, I'm really loving v2.0. I just wish it didn't have to come at the cost of the interesting and creative boss changes!

I wanted to go back to the original bosses for Type A and do different ones for Type B; they do have the same renovation to their attacks, AI, etc. as the 1.5 bosses do but a bit less drastic and closer to their original FF7 counterparts. Type B I could maybe expand on in the future; not all bosses were swapped out I think.

Hi, wondering if someone has an answer i haven't been able to find. Im trying to get Barretts Ulitmate weapon. As far as im aware it drops from the X-ATM thaty spawns at Corel Reactor.
I'm unable to get him to spawn where he should.  I have Barrett in my party, and I've been to the bottom of the north Crater to the save point right before the end of the story.
I figure im missing something simple, but cant figure it out.

From what I can see, the only trigger is that you're on Disc 3 and Barret is in the party, both of which you have met. Are you on the regular NT 2.0 or one of the variants like vanilla combat? It'll be disabled for those.

Hi everyone.

I have been playing through the fantastic New Threat 1.5 mod and I have encountered a bug/glitch that prevents me from progressing. It appears to be isolated to one specific cutscene camera transition where the screen just goes black and the game becomes unresponsive. It occurs twice in quick succession in the early game due to the same camera angle/position being used for 2 different cutscenes and once in the endgame (so far from what I have played) and the only way to exit the game is to close the program manually.

It first happens in disc 1 Midgar when the party is climbing the Shinra HQ building. At one point (I can't remember exactly as it was a couple weeks ago this first occurred) there is a cutscene transition where we are shown President Shinra's dialogue with someone and at first we are shown the room at a wide angle - you can see the stairs coming up to the floor, President Shinra's desk and President Shinra. Right before President Shinra starts talking, the camera transitions to several feet in front of his desk, looking head on at him and the scene continues to play out. In my recent playthrough of New Threat 1.5 when I get to this point in the game's story, the cutscene starts as normal and I see the wide view of President Shinra's office but when it fades out to transition the camera position the screen stays black and the game becomes unresponsive and unplayable. I tried removing all other mods besides NT 1.5 and still I encountered this crash.

I did some searching online and found a post from a few years ago where someone encountered the same issue and was able to bypass it by saving at the last possible point before the cutscene starts, closing the game, switching installed mod to New Threat 2.0 and resuming the game. After the cutscene plays, find the closest save point and save the game, close it, and restart one more time but with NT 1.5 installed again. This did work for me and thankfully at this point in the game there is barely any progress between these 2 save points that it had no impact on anything.

This happens twice in this sequence in the story and so I encountered it again and bypassed it using the same method as before. I hoped it wouldn't be an issue again but I just recently got to the Dark Cave in disc 3 and as I have made my way through this piece of content there is a point where I am in this room again and the camera makes this same transition. The game unfortunately crashes like in the disc 1 instances but this time switching the New Threat 2.0 isn't working completely this time. I am able to start the game with NT 2.0 and trigger the camera transition but once it has repositioned nothing happens. There is no dialogue from the NPC in front of me and I am unable to interact with them. I am not sure if that is intended or not (i don't think it is) as I haven't fully played through the Dark Cave yet. I can able to move though but can't get out of the area from anywhere, not even the way I came - I am trapped essentially lol. I did make a save in another slot before venturing in there though so luckily I am only locked out of the content it seems.

I'd really like to see this quest through to the end so if anyone has encountered something similar and have figured out a way to bypass it please reply.

If not, if there is any other way I can exit the Dark Cave area without having to load another save file I am all ears. I want my Micro-Engine and LuvLuvG!

I'll see what I can do about the Shinra Building one, that's intermittently come up in the past but I'm unsure of the cause. I think it may be related to the model listings or perhaps some corruption on the field itself that I need to try and fix.

So i had a quick question. im playing the 2.0 part b version, and trying to start the Junon League. The tipsheet says to talk to the soldiers in the league hall in Junon, but when i talk to those guys, i just get the tips and advice menu, is there some other step im missing?

The Junon League was removed in the 2.0 build, it was only in the 1.5 build.