Author Topic: FF X International  (Read 5124 times)

terra_rage

FF X International
« on: 2009-02-19 23:29:54 »
Hello everyone..im new here and not quite sure if you even take requests pertaining to games other than ff7 and ff8 or not but i thought id ask. if you do what i would like done is...well i would like yuna's aeons re-skined/re-modeled to that of the dark aeons...im not sure if this can even be done or not.. if anyone could do this i would be in their debt...if it is possible i know it would probably take a very long time to do. thanks to everyone for looking

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
Re: FF X International
« Reply #1 on: 2009-02-24 00:06:12 »
I'm going to answer for everyone and say no.

The main reason it would be impossibly difficult is because its not a PC game among many many other things. Modding a PS2 game? No way.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-01 10:21:43 »
I've hacked the odd square game in my time, including a bit of FFX, actually.
Reason dictates that it can be easily done, with the help of a hacking device, such as ARMAX or codebreaker And if Square Did anything even remotely similar to KHII, you can use a number of ways to do things like this:

Most common ways are going to be a texture pointer swap, if there are pointers for Textures, and the much more easily done Model label swap. assuming the bones are the same for the variations of the characters, which it's probably safe to say they are.

I do believe though, that FFX models and animations are under the same File (.FFM, or .FFB or something) So If you can't swap textures or models directly, you can swap the (.FFx) files, but they'd have to have the same animations as the people you're trying to replace. and in actual fact, i remember I used jechts files in place of auron's, and well, lets not discuss that  :cry:

anyway, in conclusion, it probably is possible to make the aeons look like their dark counterparts.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-01 12:30:23 »
I've hacked the odd square game in my time, including a bit of FFX, actually.
Reason dictates that it can be easily done, with the help of a hacking device, such as ARMAX or codebreaker And if Square Did anything even remotely similar to KHII, you can use a number of ways to do things like this:

Most common ways are going to be a texture pointer swap, if there are pointers for Textures, and the much more easily done Model label swap. assuming the bones are the same for the variations of the characters, which it's probably safe to say they are.

I do believe though, that FFX models and animations are under the same File (.FFM, or .FFB or something) So If you can't swap textures or models directly, you can swap the (.FFx) files, but they'd have to have the same animations as the people you're trying to replace. and in actual fact, i remember I used jechts files in place of auron's, and well, lets not discuss that  :cry:

anyway, in conclusion, it probably is possible to make the aeons look like their dark counterparts.

Yeah ive seen loads of videos where in Kingdom hearts 2 where u can have Tifa Cloud and Yuffie and loads of other people in your team. What if you were able to rip say tidus from ffX then remodel him so he has the same stance and everything and same animations but has like say clouds hair and attire of course for this to work im guessing the shaders and polygon count would have to be Identical so Tidus as would the number of bones? I don't know much about models but its something im looking into doing in the future. Also you said you swapped Aurons files with Jechts what if you built have jecht to have the same animations as Auron?

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-01 13:05:30 »
Yes, The Same number of bones and verticies etc is ESSENTIAL for a perfect Model swap, otherwise, mad craziness can start to happen O.o

About the tidus thing, i have no clue how to reinsert models into PS2 games, let alone converting them back to the right format, even if it were possible to get tidus in there...

also, if i gave him auron's animations, Somethign like the picture i posted above would happen, lol.
In the business, we call it "mushball", and its almost unfixable via Memory modifying.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-01 13:11:18 »
Oh i see so the most you could do oth them is reskin them then? :(

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: 2009-03-01 13:25:01 »
uhuh  :-D. i COULD use jechts own animations, but i dont want to do that again. ever.   :cry:

:cry:

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-03-01 13:36:54 »
uhuh  :-D. i COULD use jechts own animations, but i dont want to do that again. ever.   :cry:

:cry:

Id actually love to see what happens:P

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-03-31 14:15:43 »
I don't think it'd be that much trouble. The graphics for the dark aeons do exist, even in the US version, so a texture swap code could do the trick. How exactly to hack one, though, is beyond me.

(If you're wondering why they're in there - SPOILERS ALERT - the dark aeons look the same as the posessed aeons you fight at the end of the game, which are in all versions.)

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-03-31 19:54:43 »
They are simple reskins that use same animation set as defauly aeons so all that's needed is manual swap of model files on .iso level or a AR/CB code for swapping them.