Author Topic: Materia images  (Read 4926 times)

Nex

Materia images
« on: 2007-05-04 17:09:50 »
Hello,

I would like to know where I can found the materia images for FFVII on PC please? I have looked in lot of *.lgp files but I haven't found anything.
Anybody know where these images are stored? Which files?

Thank you :-)

Sorry for my very bad english :oops:

MOD EDIT: Moving to correct forum.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-04 18:34:37 by Jari »

stormmedia

• View Profile
Re: Materia images
« Reply #1 on: 2007-05-04 18:04:59 »
Well, the materia aren't images.  They are 3d models in the char.lgp.  It's hard to say exactly which file it is in the char.lgp though.  You could use Ficedula's Ifalna to find it.

Note that you'll need the ficedula.dll to use this program.  You can find it on ficedula's site.

Here a link to Ficedula's website:
http://www.ficedula.co.uk/
« Last Edit: 2007-05-04 18:07:28 by stormmedia »

Nex

« Reply #2 on: 2007-05-04 18:09:56 »
:wink: Thanks stormmedia

Let's go with char.lgp :lol:

Edit: Sorry to have post in the wrong forum :|

Edit 2: I'm not sure if Ifalna is the program I need to use...

I'm looking for the different materia which are displayed when you go in the materia menu :-)
« Last Edit: 2007-05-04 19:34:34 by Nex »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-05-04 19:59:50 »
I'm looking for the different materia which are displayed when you go in the materia menu :-)

Ohhh sorry, I thought you were talking about those in the field... Well in this case I can't help you much.  My guess would be that they are somewhere in the menu_us (or menu_fr or anything else, depending on your ff7 version) in the "Final Fantasy VII\data\menu".  But I'm not sure since I've never messed with the menu.

Well, I wish you luck  :-).

Nex

« Reply #4 on: 2007-05-04 20:16:05 »
I found all the materia with Ifalna :-) It's not really what i'm looking for but it maybe intersting to use :-D So a little question for Ifalna. Is it possible to apply texture on the materia's 3D models with this program?

Ok, I'm going to see what I can do with menu_fr :-D

Thanks again for your answers.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-05-04 21:23:25 »
I found all the materia with Ifalna :-) It's not really what i'm looking for but it maybe intersting to use :-D So a little question for Ifalna. Is it possible to apply texture on the materia's 3D models with this program?

Ok, I'm going to see what I can do with menu_fr :-D

Thanks again for your answers.

Tiens un français ? Oui donc comme on a dit, tu ouvres ton menu_fr.LGP avec LGPTools , et tu fais extraire tous (enfin extract all) , et dans le dossier nouvellement créé  tu trouveras des fichiers TEX: ce sont les fichiers images. (Que tu peux convertir en BMP par Biturn) ... Bonne chance mec  :wink:

In English now: The materia pictures are indeed in the menu_us.LGP, as I was wandering inside once, I know I've seen them; go to the FF7 World Map thread in Tweaking, one has posted a picture of materias if I don't say bullsh*t  :-D

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-05-04 23:25:54 »
So I'm just being lazy here, but are the models for the different types of materia in the field seperate models? I might makes some better ones with pcreator

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-05-05 00:10:27 »
Tiens un français ? Oui donc comme on a dit, tu ouvres ton menu_fr.LGP avec LGPTools , et tu fais extraire tous (enfin extract all) , et dans le dossier nouvellement créé  tu trouveras des fichiers TEX: ce sont les fichiers images. (Que tu peux convertir en BMP par Biturn) ... Bonne chance mec  :wink:

Wow, trois personnes qui parlent français dans la meme conversation, assez surprenant n'est-ce pas.  :-D

In English: Wow three people talking in french in the same conversation isn't it surprising.  :-D

Nex

« Reply #8 on: 2007-05-05 06:36:44 »
[french]
Salut la compagnie 8-) En effet je suis français :-P C'est bien sympathique de croiser des gens qui parlent le francais :-D
[/french]

I can't found the FF7 World Map thread about which you are talking about Djé :-( ( I don't konw if this last sentence is very english :? lol :lol: )

Edit : The TEX file which contains the pictures of the materia is displayed only with few colors and I don't know why... :cry:
Who can I get each color of materia? Did I have to do something else after the extract?
I tried to export the TEX file in BMP, PNG, JPG but the materia always have only 5 colors...

Edit 2 : I've got it :-) http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6634.0 But I really don't know who to load the palette :|
« Last Edit: 2007-05-05 14:04:54 by Nex »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-05-05 20:00:00 »
[french]
Salut la compagnie 8-) En effet je suis français :-P C'est bien sympathique de croiser des gens qui parlent le francais :-D
[/french]

C'est clair c'est pas souvent!!

I can't found the FF7 World Map thread about which you are talking about Djé :-( ( I don't konw if this last sentence is very english :? lol :lol:

Correct sentence is :"I can't find the FFVII World Map thread you were talking about/you mentionned Djé "
It's HERE: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6634.0