Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4920707 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4825 on: 2017-01-28 15:55:39 »
After trying it every which way I could think of, the soft-lock still occurs. Well...I suppose I could ask for help on Amalgam in the dark cave. That  thing's got me stumped. Do I have to use a Ruby WEAPON approach and leave two of my characters KOed?

Amalgam switches between damage-type resistance and will grow in size whenever he's hit with damage that he's immune to; so if you hit him with physical, your next attack needs to be magical, and vise-versa; this is complicated by having Vincent and Red XIII there however as they'll also be attacking on their own.

So i found a super secret boss in Ancient Forest that im not sure anyone else found (i did some googling) and after a looong battle with fingers crossed i beat him and received a blank item with "????" as the description. What is that used for?

That's a wrong encounter; make sure you've applied the new patches (flevel and scene). That boss is supposed to appear elsewhere, and it was Hochu you were supposed to bump into. Congrats on beating it though; try using the item in battle.

Came back after a super busy couple of weeks and picked back up at Junon on disc 2. Went to fight our recurring little friend, and noticed that Cait Sith's Limit was up. Since I had had so much trouble with him before, I decided to see how a Transform would treat him. Holy cow Cait Sith became Boss Killer 9000. He had over 10000 hp and over 1000 mp. He hit like a truck and crit a lot. And because of the 1-1 health drain ratio of the Black M-phone he healed faster then the boss could hurt him. So I decided to tweak his stuff a bit. Gave him the Wizard Bracelet for the extra materia slots. Gave him 2 counter attacks, command counter-deathblow, all the materia that increased health, and put on Silver Refracter so he couldn't be stopped, in every definition of the term. He had 11000 health, and hit for 1-2k each attack, almost 7k sometimes when he crit (which was often). At this point I figured he was unstoppable, and the boss could barely get him down to half health, and when he did Cait Sith hit him once or twice cause of the 2 counter attacks, and healed it all back and then some (command counter-deathblow never went off sadly. I need to level it more.) Only downside really is that he's the only one to get experience and AP, but that's a fine thing to sacrifice if you're having a hard time with a boss. As much as I like Yuffie, Cait Sith is taking her place in my party. Never had a game where I would voluntarily put him in, but damn if that wasn't the thing I needed to see to make that happen.

Update: Cait Sith vs Alpha Zolem
 (Warning, quite a read)
Spoiler: show
Decided to test my limits with this. I flew back to the Chocobo Ranch to see if I could get take on the Alpha Zolem, and to also hopefully get that Alpha Enemy Skill. I went in with the build before without really thinking, and I wouldn't say I got destroyed, but I didn't win. Instead of stop, he used paralysis. And the poison was whittling me down faster than I could heal. So I went back to the ol' drawing board. Tried a few things on the monsters outside. Wanted to see if I could use Hp Absorb on Counter Attack, unfortunately can't, so I had to stick with the Black M-phone which really drained my damage output. I equipped the Gem Ring to negate his Paralysis, but I still had to deal with the Poison problem. I switched out Command Counter-Deathblow with Added Effect-Poison, donzo. He still did a lot of damage, and while having those extra materia's on to give me more money and exp are nice, I can do without them. I switched out Wizard Bracelet for the fancy new Crystal Bangle I just got to buff his defense some. Mag Def would take a bit of a hit, but it was worth the change. Since I was no longer immune to Time effects from Silver Refracter I threw on Time to help get an edge in and to help since Cait Sith is incredibly slow. After that, I started the fight. Transformed, used Haste on Cait Sith, and Slow on Alpha, used a quick x-potion to heal him, and then threw him into berserk! Since his damage was still really low, I had to compensate. And since basic attacks were by far his greatest asset, and would most likely keep him alive, I figured giving up control for more damage was a pretty good idea, and for the most part it was! Alpha would bite (headbutt?) me and Cait, and Cait would punch him right back. Unfortunately, I did not know that having him in berserk would prevent counter attack from going off, and that probably cut my damage a bit, but it wasn't enough to matter too much. It was a back and forth for most of the fight until Alpha started getting angry and stretched up. Then the real fight began. The only real advantage I had on my side was that Alpha's physical attacks didn't heal him anymore, but his new attacks gave me status effects, and his new stance increased his attack and defense. I think one of the status effects was blind, cause Cait started to miss quite often at this point. It was looking pretty grim to be honest. Cait wasn't hitting hard enough to heal back all the damage from Alpha's attacks. When Cait hit about 4k health, I pretty much lost hope, but Cait had other plans in mind. After taking a headbutt(bite?) that crit, he stood up top his mighty Fat Mog robot, ran right up to that giant snake, and crit him for about 2k, landing the final blow. In what could only be described as the greatest fight I've had the pleasure to enjoy to date in FF7, I came out victorious. I took that Elixer with pride. The fight was absolutely fantastic from start to end. Much thanks to Sega Chief, one of the best times I've had with this mod so far.

Edit #2: Also, putting reflect on big guard is evil. Evil I say!

it's good to see Transform being put to practical use; I added it to his Lv1 limits because I think it's quite a fun Limit but it does have its uses as well, if the build is right.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: 2017-01-28 16:39:06 »
So I conducted three tests of the Turks battle in the Mythril Mines but couldn't find an error:

1) I went for Elena first then Rude, using Choco/Mog to inflict Confusion.

2) Went for Elena first, avoided use of Choco/Mog, allowed both enemies to run through their entire AI cycle

3) Went for Rude first, tested Poison/Turk Antidote on both enemies in combination with Berserk & Confusion.

So not sure where the softlock is coming from. Has anyone else encountered this error with the latest set of patches?

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: 2017-01-28 16:46:29 »
So I conducted three tests of the Turks battle in the Mythril Mines but couldn't find an error:

1) I went for Elena first then Rude, using Choco/Mog to inflict Confusion.

2) Went for Elena first, avoided use of Choco/Mog, allowed both enemies to run through their entire AI cycle

3) Went for Rude first, tested Poison/Turk Antidote on both enemies in combination with Berserk & Confusion.

So not sure where the softlock is coming from. Has anyone else encountered this error with the latest set of patches?

I've never experienced any soft lock issues with that particular fight at all. I've even seen Rude use
Turk cure on both of them and the battle has always played out for me.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: 2017-01-28 20:11:36 »
I've never experienced any soft lock issues with that particular fight at all. I've even seen Rude use
Turk cure on both of them and the battle has always played out for me.

I was meaning to ask other people to test out the fight; thanks for letting me know.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: 2017-01-28 20:56:53 »
Yeah, fought them twice and no soft lock. I actually wanted Turk Cure to go off so Elena couldn't cure her poison since it makes her berserk. Quick question on Fort Condor, does losing a unit or two affect the final reward at the end of the quest chain?

EDIT: Also, the shops aren't changed in Fort Condor. They have the vanilla disc 1 inventory. Also, looking at the change log, you may want to change the best send off reward in Juno to something else from Enemy Away as that Materia seems pointless considering you can turn off random encounters at save points. I'd just take the rune armlet and cut my losses as it stands.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-29 00:12:33 by GameGeeks »

arclitewut

• View Profile
« Reply #4830 on: 2017-01-28 21:39:15 »
I had a wierd thing just happening to me with the Palmer Fight with the Mod - instead of Palmer it seems like it loaded the last Fight with Sephiroth (could recognize the music and once it loaded half of the Background from the Stage where you fight Sephiroth) otherwise it always crashed before the Fight began - Palmer says Security - Sephiroth Theme plays and then it crashes

Note: i played the Mod already once til this part and it didnt happen, i had a normal fight with him

I made a Video with exactly what happens everytime : https://youtu.be/YSDIiCQsJw8

Also i disabled every Mod besides NT aswell and had the same Result

I tried to skip the fight by disabling the Mod and reactivating it but then all of my Stats are getting completly fucked up :/
« Last Edit: 2017-01-28 22:38:01 by arclitewut »

theskycaptin

• View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: 2017-01-28 21:48:36 »
That's a wrong encounter; make sure you've applied the new patches (flevel and scene). That boss is supposed to appear elsewhere, and it was Hochu you were supposed to bump into. Congrats on beating it though; try using the item in battle.

I double checked and i did have the updates applied. I fought Ho-Chu as well after beating this boss. Ho-Chu was from touching the final beehive right? The hidden boss was from walking into the final Venus Flytrap. I used the item in battle and i dont think it did anything. It had a Multitarget Holy animation though.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-28 21:50:27 by theskycaptin »

Miacis

• View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: 2017-01-28 22:29:22 »
Speaking of Palmer, is there a way to apply the hotfix patches to the IRO file (by unpacking and repacking it or something...?), and if not, may I ask for an updated IRO? I've had the bad luck of reaching Palmer right on the version when the freeze was discovered and been bummed all week I couldn't progress on this new version.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-29 00:08:38 by Miacis »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: 2017-01-29 06:23:55 »
Yeah, fought them twice and no soft lock. I actually wanted Turk Cure to go off so Elena couldn't cure her poison since it makes her berserk. Quick question on Fort Condor, does losing a unit or two affect the final reward at the end of the quest chain?

EDIT: Also, the shops aren't changed in Fort Condor. They have the vanilla disc 1 inventory. Also, looking at the change log, you may want to change the best send off reward in Juno to something else from Enemy Away as that Materia seems pointless considering you can turn off random encounters at save points. I'd just take the rune armlet and cut my losses as it stands.

Losing units doesn't affect the questline for Fort Condor; the enemy reaching the shed and prompting a battle with your party does however, as does Fort Condor not having enough money to defend in your absence (3000gil per battle is what I think the fee is). They start off with enough money in NT to see off all of the battles you can't make it back for, but will need more if you don't plan on returning for every single encounter (which would be understandable, there's a lot of them).

I'll change the send-off prize to something more valuable; it's not been changed since the encounter switch was implemented and have a look at Condor's shops though I think there was a reason it was changed, not sure.

I had a wierd thing just happening to me with the Palmer Fight with the Mod - instead of Palmer it seems like it loaded the last Fight with Sephiroth (could recognize the music and once it loaded half of the Background from the Stage where you fight Sephiroth) otherwise it always crashed before the Fight began - Palmer says Security - Sephiroth Theme plays and then it crashes

Note: i played the Mod already once til this part and it didnt happen, i had a normal fight with him

I made a Video with exactly what happens everytime : https://youtu.be/YSDIiCQsJw8

Also i disabled every Mod besides NT aswell and had the same Result

I tried to skip the fight by disabling the Mod and reactivating it but then all of my Stats are getting completly ferned up :/

It's a wrong encounter; have you tried the flevel patch that's on the 1st page? If that's applied and the problem still occurs then I'll update the flevel patch (although I think I need to update it anyway to fix a problem in Ancient Forest).

I double checked and i did have the updates applied. I fought Ho-Chu as well after beating this boss. Ho-Chu was from touching the final beehive right? The hidden boss was from walking into the final Venus Flytrap. I used the item in battle and i dont think it did anything. It had a Multitarget Holy animation though.

At some point I had it so that Hochu would be fought whenever a fly trap was triggered but that formation was repurposed for that 'secret' boss. I'll check it again, remove the encounter trigger, and update the flevel patch + IRO.

Speaking of Palmer, is there a way to apply the hotfix patches to the IRO file (by unpacking and repacking it or something...?), and if not, may I ask for an updated IRO? I've had the bad luck of reaching Palmer right on the version when the freeze was discovered and been bummed all week I couldn't progress on this new version.

I'll be updating the IRO today so no worries.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-29 06:26:34 by Sega Chief »

arclitewut

• View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: 2017-01-29 10:35:49 »
I am playing with the IRO file so i guess im just gonna wait til you update it today :)

OneK

• View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: 2017-01-29 13:05:45 »
Hey SegaChief,

First, thanks for your amazing work, looking forward to see what you'll do with FFVIII.

Now, I have a small question, I did your 1.35 and you pointed towards a mod to modify materia stats bonuses and maluses. Can't seem to find it now. Is it compatible with 1.4?
I think I'm going to wait for the arranged version like I did for 1.3.

Thanks for your time and work.

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: 2017-01-29 13:09:25 »
What would be the best way to off 3rd form Hojo? he has an attack that deals almost 5000 damage and it goes through barriers. I'm not to sure how to decrease the damage. I can get him down where he starts popping off the Cell barriers. but then he starts throwing that high damage attack at me

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: 2017-01-30 00:04:41 »
The new IRO: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rbs5s52qkbp3kp9/FF7_NT_IRO_30th_January_2017.iro

What would be the best way to off 3rd form Hojo? he has an attack that deals almost 5000 damage and it goes through barriers. I'm not to sure how to decrease the damage. I can get him down where he starts popping off the Cell barriers. but then he starts throwing that high damage attack at me

Holy and Wind are the most effective elements here, and he can be Slowed to help you deal with his 155 Speed. Combo can be covered on each hit so if you have a back-row character with 100% cover and protection against Paralysis and Slow that should be quite effective. He has about 100,000HP total but Absorb can make the fight longer if it isn't blocked using Barrier.

Phantasm can be blocked by protecting against an element called 'Hidden'; this is obtained through Elemental + a non-elemental Materia. Guardian Ring can also block it, otherwise you'll be wanting to keep antidotes to cure the Dual-Drain it can inflict.

Meteorain and Lifestream Ray are the most dangerous attacks; Barrier and MBarrier need to be maintained which makes his other attack, Malkuth Shred, a pain because it has that debarrier effect on it. If the damage is too high, then try using Sadness to reduce the incoming damage down by another 30% (back-row can also reduce Meteorain's damage by another 50%). Characters that can be a good fit here are Barret for his high defences, Tifa for Grit, or Yuffie for Evasion.

His AI pattern is:
Skip Turn
Goner (reduces 1 character to 1HP)
Skip Turn
Meteorain (6x Physical hits)
Absorb
Skip Turn
Combo x4 (Low chance to inflict Slow-Numb, Paralysis, Slow, and Death Sentence)
Phantasm (single-target, Hidden, inflicts Sleep/Silence/Dual-Drain)
Malkuth Shred (single-target, Debarrier effect, physical)
Skip Turn
Lifestream Ray (high non-elemental Magic damage to all)
[Repeats]

When he has been affected by 8 actions, Hojo will start to use Cellular Guard/MGuard, reset the counter, and then swap to the other when 8 more actions have been taken against him. Hope that helps, if not then I can prep a video showing a run-through of it.

HautSaus

• View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: 2017-01-30 06:42:18 »
I am using 7H.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: 2017-01-30 08:15:10 »
I am using 7H.

That'll be why the hotfixes weren't working; the hotfix patches aren't compatible with the 7H version, only the stand-alone installer. The new IRO has the fixes in it: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rbs5s52qkbp3kp9/FF7_NT_IRO_30th_January_2017.iro

I'd better add a note to the hotfix patches that they don't work with 7H.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4840 on: 2017-01-30 11:31:14 »
I downloaded the new IRO today. I'll update the Catalog with it in the next couple days. Please wait :)

HautSaus

• View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: 2017-01-30 17:21:29 »
Well shit. Once again, apologies for any confusion or extra work I put on your plate.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: 2017-01-30 21:32:06 »
I downloaded the new IRO today. I'll update the Catalog with it in the next couple days. Please wait :)

Cheers, Alyza; sorry for all the updates but it's almost finished 100%.

Well strawberries. Once again, apologies for any confusion or extra work I put on your plate.

It turned up a potential problem where the patches aren't explicitly stated to be only for the stand-alone installer (now I've got that warning above them); there's likely been at least few other people who have tried to install them when using the IRO version but not posted about it so that's that covered for the future.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: 2017-01-31 14:45:56 »
hey sega chief

when i got to the part of when cloud jumped off the train to go to airbuster and when the texted came up to select jump down

the text is broken at the part of which cloud, tifa and barrent look down the hole at the train tunnels part

jeremyhall2727

• View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: 2017-01-31 17:15:41 »
Your mod is great. It puts new life in Final fantasy 7  ;D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4845 on: 2017-01-31 20:12:58 »
hey sega chief

when i got to the part of when cloud jumped off the train to go to airbuster and when the texted came up to select jump down

the text is broken at the part of which cloud, tifa and barrent look down the hole at the train tunnels part

Fixed it; the problem was caused by changing the names of the characters. If you have a long name it can break some of the text boxes when these names are mentioned; let me know if you encounter any more of these issues as there's likely still text boxes that haven't been adjusted to deal with max-size names.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: 2017-01-31 22:40:35 »
Sega Chief, I found another dialogue typo. I meant to send this one to you awhile back, but it must have slipped my mind  :roll:

Nothing major, just thought I'd let you know. I'm assuming he means excited right??

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: 2017-02-01 06:52:03 »
Sega Chief, I found another dialogue typo. I meant to send this one to you awhile back, but it must have slipped my mind  :roll:

Nothing major, just thought I'd let you know. I'm assuming he means excited right??

I checked a default flevel.lgp and that typo is actually in there; maybe something that popped up for the PC port. Either way, that one's not my fault ;3

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: 2017-02-01 12:17:39 »
I checked a default flevel.lgp and that typo is actually in there; maybe something that popped up for the PC port. Either way, that one's not my fault ;3

That typo is in the Steam version? That's hilarious  :D

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: 2017-02-01 12:45:23 »
hey sega chief

everytime cloud hits the save points he can walk around while the save point message is still on the screen, do you think thats a glitch on your mod

and carry armor is on disc 1 of your mod guarding the midgar puzzle room, did you forget to remove him because when i touch him nothing happens
« Last Edit: 2017-02-01 12:53:58 by Zara9 »