Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839540 times)

Bestiary

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4625 on: 2016-12-28 02:06:37 »
Hello again.Im on my way to kill weapons.Killed Viridian but something wrong with Carmine.Cloud just one shoot him with one counter attack.
I guess he eat too much salt in that ocean so he's low on hp.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-28 02:12:33 by Bestiary »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: 2016-12-28 06:11:52 »
I prob set the HP to 1 to check the Earth Harp script; I'll get that sorted with a scene patch.

Starmongoose

• View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: 2016-12-28 12:48:33 »
Am I missing something with Tifa's final limit?

I play the piano and I get her secret savings, but that's it? I read you say on another forum that you go to
Spoiler: show
the Nibel Reactor and fight outside the Jenova room, but I checked and nada. (and yes, Tifa is party leader)

NachMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: 2016-12-28 15:03:28 »
So I beat Zack, got the looping error. Installed the fix and I beat him. No loop, but no Omnislash, just the armor.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: 2016-12-28 20:35:44 »
Am I missing something with Tifa's final limit?

I play the piano and I get her secret savings, but that's it? I read you say on another forum that you go to
the Nibel Reactor and fight outside the Jenova room, but I checked and nada. (and yes, Tifa is party leader)

Maybe it's variable interference from the old questline; I'll need to check it when I get back from work tonight.

So I beat Zack, got the looping error. Installed the fix and I beat him. No loop, but no Omnislash, just the armor.

I'll get that sorted out with a patch; I'll make one tomorrow after I've finished my shift; what I can do is add the Omnislash as a drop to a special NPC on the Highwind that checks for variables, that way you won't need to repeat the fight.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: 2016-12-29 03:29:19 »
Did you decide...
...to take out the 2nd Guard Scorpion fight in the first reactor? As well as the timer going off BEFORE the battle with Scorp as opposed to after it? And how do I get Barrett's 2nd gun? It didnt drop from the Scorpion like normal.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-29 08:41:57 by EQ2Alyza »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: 2016-12-29 06:24:52 »
No, it sounds like the flevel isn't patched. You're using the 7H version, right? Did a welcome message appear when you selected New Game?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4632 on: 2016-12-29 07:17:28 »
No, it sounds like the flevel isn't patched. You're using the 7H version, right? Did a welcome message appear when you selected New Game?

If it's from 7H, is it patched to Gameplay - Difficulty and Story v2.32?

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: 2016-12-29 07:22:27 »
I tried both the IRO and running it straight from 7th heaven game play and story. Same result. And yes at "New game" i did get the message about the new threat 1.4 normal or arrange. Does the game play and story need to be higher than field textures and avalanches midgar mod?

Edit: moved up the Gameplay to right under Field Textures. still no change....
« Last Edit: 2016-12-29 07:56:00 by JLOUTLAW »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: 2016-12-29 08:16:08 »
I tried both the IRO and running it straight from 7th heaven game play and story. Same result. And yes at "New game" i did get the message about the new threat 1.4 normal or arrange. Does the game play and story need to be higher than field textures and avalanches midgar mod?

Edit: moved up the Gameplay to right under Field Textures. still no change....

So the flevel is patched, but parts of it are being overwritten by something. Try running it with just NT activated, check if the scripts are working (the guard scorp battle for instance; timer should start before the fight begins) to rule out a dodgy 7H installation; then apply other mods one at a time to ascertain which one is causing a clash.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4635 on: 2016-12-29 08:51:10 »
@JLOUTLAW Texture mods will not interfere with the flevel of any gameplay mod, so you don't need to worry about load order for that. I'm not sure what you mean by 'avalanches midgar mod" though. Link to its thread?

@Sega I just played through the opening bombing mission. I'm not familiar with your mod yet (waiting for it to be completed :)), so please tell me if this is correct...

The 10:00 timer started just before the battle swirl with the first Guard Scorpion. It dropped a Mythril Armlet. The second Guard Scorpion battle began after I helped Jessie with her foot. It basically did nothing to harm us and dropped nothing. Decoy for the timer?

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: 2016-12-29 08:55:39 »
Took off damn near everything, back to bare minimum. Still no change. No timer before the scorpion, it does drop the mythril armlet, and no 2nd fight after saving Jessie. What do I do?

@JLOUTLAW Texture mods will not interfere with the flevel of any gameplay mod, so you don't need to worry about load order for that. I'm not sure what you mean by 'avalanches midgar mod" though. Link to its thread?

This mod adds HD remade field textures to the various Midgar locations at the beginning of the game.

Update: So now I uninstalled and wasn't able to reinstall the gameplay and difficulty. But I downloaded the IRO file and put that at the top and could instantly see changes. First in the conversation leading up to it, then on the side that Barrett goes to. In vanilla hes on your right but in NT he goes to your left. Then the timer starts before the battle. Not sure why I cant redownload the gameplay and difficulty mod but no biggie.

EQ2Alyza: Merged your triple posts. Gotta learn that Modify button if you're going to keep giving quick updates.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-29 09:49:07 by EQ2Alyza »

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: 2016-12-29 10:00:28 »
By the way, I noticed mine and WhiteRaven's AC Barrett field model aren't in the 7th heaven IRO. Would you like the files to add it in?

Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: 2016-12-29 10:25:58 »
I prob set the HP to 1 to check the Earth Harp script; I'll get that sorted with a scene patch.
You really should consider implementing a cheat item that's in an obtuse but easily-reachable location that casts the Instadeath slot.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: 2016-12-29 10:31:36 »
By the way, I noticed mine and WhiteRaven's AC Barrett field model aren't in the 7th heaven IRO. Would you like the files to add it in?

Sure. Do you have it converted to battle model as well?

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: 2016-12-29 11:02:40 »
The battle model is already included. It's just the field model thats not in there. I'll send you the files tomorrow.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: 2016-12-29 11:58:13 »
I think the Field Model is there, but I have the wrong preview image for it. It should be the last option for Barret labeled WhitERaven.

@Sega Sorry to clutter your thread with these off-topic posts. I will delete them after we get it squared away.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: 2016-12-29 17:56:36 »
I think the Field Model is there, but I have the wrong preview image for it. It should be the last option for Barret labeled WhitERaven.

@Sega Sorry to clutter your thread with these off-topic posts. I will delete them after we get it squared away.

Nah, it's fine; it's NT related.

alderez

• View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: 2016-12-29 18:57:44 »
Hey Sega - a few questions/issues.  Please note I have updated to the latest build and patch - I was on the previous build for most of the game but updated before reaching disk 3.

How do you actually craft the weapons?  I go to the weapon smith but he doesn't seem to offer any options (I am at the North Crater but haven't reached the bottom...do I need to do that first)?

In addition, the party leader swap doesn't seem to work for me.  I am unable to switch Cloud out for anyone.  Again do I need to reach the bottom of North Crater (documentation says disk 3 now).

One other weird one...on the Highwind if I go to the side room (small one with a bed in it, 1 highwind crew member and 2 soldiers) and talk to the crew member it insta-teleports me back to the events at the Ancient City where Cloud says he doesn't want to continue to journey anymore.  That seems like a bug?
« Last Edit: 2016-12-29 19:00:55 by alderez »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: 2016-12-29 19:05:54 »
Hey Sega - a few questions/issues.  Please note I have updated to the latest build and patch - I was on the previous build for most of the game but updated before reaching disk 3.

How do you actually craft the weapons?  I go to the weapon smith but he doesn't seem to offer any options (I am at the North Crater but haven't reached the bottom...do I need to do that first)?

In addition, the party leader swap doesn't seem to work for me.  I am unable to switch Cloud out for anyone.  Again do I need to reach the bottom of North Crater (documentation says disk 3 now).

One other weird one...on the Highwind if I go to the side room (small one with a bed in it, 1 highwind crew member and 2 soldiers) and talk to the crew member it insta-teleports me back to the events at the Ancient City where Cloud says he doesn't want to continue to journey anymore.  That seems like a bug?

Reach the bottom of the North Crater to activate the two things you mentioned. As for that third thing, that's a debug thing I was doing; it'll be gone from the flevel patch I'm uploading tonight. Basically I'm working on making Aeris optional which means there needs to be some work done in Ancient City to get everything working together. Thing is, while I was doing it I decided to have a shot at heavily editing the scene that happens just before the end of Disc 2; Cloud's monologue always struck me as a bit odd (and I think it takes place in the wrong building because you appear outside the entrance to the other building with the Inn once it's done) so I moved the whole thing over and rescripted it all.

Just uploaded the scene patch to fix the Emerald Weapon HP thing: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tctvm39llkc2dn0/NT_Mod_HotFix_Scene_-_29th_December_2016.zip

Edit: I fixed these issues in the flevel-
-) New trigger for Tifa's piano on Disc 3 (should help anyone who got this var triggered earlier by the old questline it replaced)
-) Omnislash added to Zack flashback + the Lost & Found NPC on the Highwind near the Operations Room can add this to your inventory if you have a) finished the flashback and b) don't have Omnislash in your inventory.
-) Removed the warp to Ancient City (left-over debug).

Next update will be finishing Junon Leagues, which has a couple new battle models being added.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-29 19:22:18 by Sega Chief »

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: 2016-12-30 07:02:58 »
When are you going to re-release the exe mods for limit breaks and other non-WM editable things? I really enjoyed it!

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: 2016-12-30 10:23:53 »
Hey there...

Have you considered making a guide to your mod?
Specially with the missables and optional stuff.

Best regards.

Thraxis

• View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: 2016-12-30 15:56:21 »
Hey there...

Have you considered making a guide to your mod?
Specially with the missables and optional stuff.

Best regards.

I'll be working on a rough draft of a walkthrough after I'm done with the current run I'm on as I'm planning on doing casual speed runs since the mod is almost complete ( :( ).
Will be including pick ups, good steals/morphs, weaknesses and boss strats. Probably no screen grabs unless it's necessary. Most if not all content will be doable without the use of the SP levels nor grinding. The only thing the guide will go out of its way to recommend is grabbing the Enemy Skills and including what characters I used at the point. I'd imagine it's up sometime around the end of next month, or I could release it in chunks as I go. Will probably not include the battle arena in before the end game since I find it a major PITA.

There are already boss kill vids from 1.4 on youtube if you need specific help before then. And I fully recommend running the mod without a walkthrough as so far I haven't found a wrong way to play it. I'm just about to finish up the Huge materia part of the story and I have not pumped my chars with any stat levels and I find myself having a more challenging but still fully manageable time. If there's anything specific you want me to add in, you can PM me and I'll check it and make note of it before I end up doing the run/writing everything out.

Shout out to Sega Chief for the awesome mod and adding a pair of linked slots on the ancient weapons because holy crap my life is going to be so much easier because of that. <3

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: 2016-12-30 16:11:53 »
is it all that bad that i dont save Coral? I get to the front of the train, but only with maybe a 1 min left. and by the time cid gets down with his smoking, i crash into the town. so if i dont save it what do i loose? besides the Huge Mataria and Bahamut ZERO

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: 2016-12-30 16:13:37 »
I'm guessing that it'd be too much of a headache to let us have complete free reign of the party makeup in disc 3? Would be fun to experiment even more with different compositions and to run around with Yuffie or Red as field leader. I understand there'd be a lot of things to workaround though in terms of sidequests etc.