Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4884463 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4650 on: 2016-12-30 18:16:48 »
When are you going to re-release the exe mods for limit breaks and other non-WM editable things? I really enjoyed it!

Yeah, I'm going to put another one together soonish.

Hey there...

Have you considered making a guide to your mod?
Specially with the missables and optional stuff.

Best regards.
I'll be working on a rough draft of a walkthrough after I'm done with the current run I'm on as I'm planning on doing casual speed runs since the mod is almost complete ( :( ).
Will be including pick ups, good steals/morphs, weaknesses and boss strats. Probably no screen grabs unless it's necessary. Most if not all content will be doable without the use of the SP levels nor grinding. The only thing the guide will go out of its way to recommend is grabbing the Enemy Skills and including what characters I used at the point. I'd imagine it's up sometime around the end of next month, or I could release it in chunks as I go. Will probably not include the battle arena in before the end game since I find it a major PITA.

There are already boss kill vids from 1.4 on youtube if you need specific help before then. And I fully recommend running the mod without a walkthrough as so far I haven't found a wrong way to play it. I'm just about to finish up the Huge materia part of the story and I have not pumped my chars with any stat levels and I find myself having a more challenging but still fully manageable time. If there's anything specific you want me to add in, you can PM me and I'll check it and make note of it before I end up doing the run/writing everything out.

Shout out to Sega Chief for the awesome mod and adding a pair of linked slots on the ancient weapons because holy crap my life is going to be so much easier because of that. <3

A guide would be interesting; 1.5 is the finalised version so when that's out you can rely on none of the item locations, etc. getting changed after that.

is it all that bad that i dont save Coral? I get to the front of the train, but only with maybe a 1 min left. and by the time cid gets down with his smoking, i crash into the town. so if i dont save it what do i loose? besides the Huge Mataria and Bahamut ZERO

You don't lose anything; you can get Comet from Junon's Docks (where the Cargo Ship used to be) and Bahamut ZERO can be dug up from Bone Village if it was missed (the location to dig for it should be floating about online somewhere).

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: 2016-12-30 18:30:46 »
1.5 is out soon then?

Thraxis

• View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: 2016-12-30 18:35:48 »
A guide would be interesting; 1.5 is the finalised version so when that's out you can rely on none of the item locations, etc. getting changed after that.

I know things will be changing but it wouldn't be hard to go back once 1.5 comes out and edit in info.

1.5 is out soon then?

From talking before with SC I believe he wants it out in January? I might have crossed some signals there but I believe that is what the plan is. Will include the arrange mode and the optional Aeris stuff.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: 2016-12-30 18:39:33 »
What I'd really want is a working or compatible sephiroth patch!

Ryukaki

• View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: 2017-01-03 03:37:49 »
Hey Sega, defeated Shadow Ozma, but couldn't seem to re-enter the Dark Cave, any advice on progressing here? Just not complete? Or am I missing something? Returning the Dark Cave never prompts me to enter, all the dialogue is exactly the same as when I exited the first time.

Help!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: 2017-01-03 06:17:25 »
Hey Sega, defeated Shadow Ozma, but couldn't seem to re-enter the Dark Cave, any advice on progressing here? Just not complete? Or am I missing something? Returning the Dark Cave never prompts me to enter, all the dialogue is exactly the same as when I exited the first time.

Help!

I'm still setting that up; I thought it would be as straightforward as resetting the main flags for the sidequest but it seems that there's more to it. There was going to be two, but I'm starting to think it'd be more straightforward to just have it be the one fight.

Ryukaki

• View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: 2017-01-03 17:10:07 »
I went and fiddled around with the memory and Ochu to see if I could at least get myself back into the area, re-activating the teleport trigger was easy, but I crashed after that and didn't want to dig any farther, haha.

I can see if I can dig a little bit more if you'd like, looks like just setting DC0BC5 0E8D (3, 233) back to 01 lets you back in, but I saw some discrepancies in variables from the first time you run the quest and what values are re-set to after you complete the fight with Ozma Shade.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: 2017-01-04 00:21:50 »
So far, really enjoying the mod. The changes are nice, and the new boss fights are awesome. The models for them look really cool. However, I have encountered a bug. I tried searching the forums for it, but it doesn't seem to be listed. I'm not sure if it's just the transform materia itself, but I have Added Effect paired with Transform, and counter equipped to Cloud. Whenever Cloud counters and Added Effect triggers, it shrinks and frogs them, but then everything stops. Timers keep going, animations and everything keep moving, but no one attacks, and the battle cannot continue.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: 2017-01-04 01:17:25 »
I went and fiddled around with the memory and Ochu to see if I could at least get myself back into the area, re-activating the teleport trigger was easy, but I crashed after that and didn't want to dig any farther, haha.

I can see if I can dig a little bit more if you'd like, looks like just setting DC0BC5 0E8D (3, 233) back to 01 lets you back in, but I saw some discrepancies in variables from the first time you run the quest and what values are re-set to after you complete the fight with Ozma Shade.

It's fine, I'm going to need to do some test runs because there's a lot of variables involved.

So far, really enjoying the mod. The changes are nice, and the new boss fights are awesome. The models for them look really cool. However, I have encountered a bug. I tried searching the forums for it, but it doesn't seem to be listed. I'm not sure if it's just the transform materia itself, but I have Added Effect paired with Transform, and counter equipped to Cloud. Whenever Cloud counters and Added Effect triggers, it shrinks and frogs them, but then everything stops. Timers keep going, animations and everything keep moving, but no one attacks, and the battle cannot continue.

My best guess is that the enemy is trying to use an attack that isn't compatible with the Frog form. Do you remember which one it was, or the area you were fighting in?

Edit: Got a bunch of stuff to fix and the 3rd/final bracket of Junon Leagues to go in, unfortunately this means a full install replacement as it uses 2 new enemy models.

Issues Fixed:
-) Wrong encounters appearing in Ancient Forest
-) Wrong script trigger in Aeris' Lv.4 Limit sidequest
-) Chest was placed correctly in Ancient Forest (Apocalypse can be retrieved now)
-) Lost & Found NPC should spawn now (for players missing Omnislash)
-) 2nd Wave in Junon Leagues should trigger correctly

As for the Dark Cave thing, I'm either going to nix the idea of having the two super-bosses 'connected' to each other or move one of them into a location that isn't missable. Should be a cleaner solution to the problem.

« Last Edit: 2017-01-04 03:37:27 by Sega Chief »

Rkude0216

• View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: 2017-01-04 16:54:45 »
Hello everyone. Sega Chief, this is an amazing mod and glad I am able to play FF7 in a new skin as it is one of my favorites so thank you for your contribution to the gaming community with this one.
Anyways, I installed the Dec. 29th updates and I read posts suggesting I should be able to get Omnislash from the Highwind NPC (he disappeared sometime ago and isn't back) I did complete the Zack flashback after you fixed it and received the shinra alpha but no limit break.

Also, I am stuck with Cid's limit break as I am unable to talk to the mechanic outback. The new threat npc on the Highwind suggests I talk to the kid after selecting Midgar from his list. I had killed the kids contraptions up to the love buster previously so I'm not sure if that may be an issue. I've been playing this mod since march of last year. So I do have a good amount of changes on my play-through. So I can't really pinpoint whats going on. I did beat the Curator in midgar and got the micro engine too.

I'd really appreciate the help, I'm not super tech savy but if you need more info let me know.
Btw after the white materia mimic battle was rather glitchy, it would freeze up if I didn't run out before Red Xlll and try to proceed with the death scene. Not sure if it's fixable but if someone else runs into that issue was the only way I got out of the screen after picking up the loots.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: 2017-01-04 19:43:59 »
My best guess is that the enemy is trying to use an attack that isn't compatible with the Frog form. Do you remember which one it was, or the area you were fighting in?

I was fighting in the Cave of Ghi at Cosmo Canyon, and the last thing I remember it happening on was the Heg snakes. I have been doing some testing, and so far casting Lagomorph on them normally works fine. They attack as small frogs doing 1 damage, and the fight goes on. However, if Heg gets transformed because of added effect, the bug will trigger. Tried it on both the Heg, and Sneaky Step...dogs? I also went out of Cosmo Canyon and encountered some Desert Sahagins, and tested both casting and added effect and it works for both of them. The bug triggers on Grand Horns as well though. So it's not just enemies in Cave of Ghi.

Edit: I should also add that the bug is immediate. As soon as they are transformed by added effect it triggers. So if I counter goes off and triggers added effect transform, then the bug goes off, so it isn't even on their turn.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-04 19:58:40 by strife98 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: 2017-01-04 21:26:49 »
Hello everyone. Sega Chief, this is an amazing mod and glad I am able to play FF7 in a new skin as it is one of my favorites so thank you for your contribution to the gaming community with this one.
Anyways, I installed the Dec. 29th updates and I read posts suggesting I should be able to get Omnislash from the Highwind NPC (he disappeared sometime ago and isn't back) I did complete the Zack flashback after you fixed it and received the shinra alpha but no limit break.

Also, I am stuck with Cid's limit break as I am unable to talk to the mechanic outback. The new threat npc on the Highwind suggests I talk to the kid after selecting Midgar from his list. I had killed the kids contraptions up to the love buster previously so I'm not sure if that may be an issue. I've been playing this mod since march of last year. So I do have a good amount of changes on my play-through. So I can't really pinpoint whats going on. I did beat the Curator in midgar and got the micro engine too.

I'd really appreciate the help, I'm not super tech savy but if you need more info let me know.
Btw after the white materia mimic battle was rather glitchy, it would freeze up if I didn't run out before Red Xlll and try to proceed with the death scene. Not sure if it's fixable but if someone else runs into that issue was the only way I got out of the screen after picking up the loots.

The Limit will be obtainable from the Lost & Found NPC pending tonight's update; I'd deactivated him earlier and forgot to take that part of the script out when the Omnislash issue popped up. As for the Cid thing, that's more than likely variable interference from the old questline; I'll do what I did with Tifa's one and use a fresh set of vars for it so that it can be started. The Aeris Lv4 Limit also had some interference going on with some rescripting in that area, but it was reported by a dude on Steam and I've since added a fix which will also be in the updated files tonight.

I was fighting in the Cave of Ghi at Cosmo Canyon, and the last thing I remember it happening on was the Heg snakes. I have been doing some testing, and so far casting Lagomorph on them normally works fine. They attack as small frogs doing 1 damage, and the fight goes on. However, if Heg gets transformed because of added effect, the bug will trigger. Tried it on both the Heg, and Sneaky Step...dogs? I also went out of Cosmo Canyon and encountered some Desert Sahagins, and tested both casting and added effect and it works for both of them. The bug triggers on Grand Horns as well though. So it's not just enemies in Cave of Ghi.

Edit: I should also add that the bug is immediate. As soon as they are transformed by added effect it triggers. So if I counter goes off and triggers added effect transform, then the bug goes off, so it isn't even on their turn.

Thanks for taking the time to test this. It sounds like I might need to make those affected enemies immune to those statuses if it's an immediate soft-lock with added effect. I can only guess what the underlying cause is for now, but hopefully some kind of clue will turn up if I compare files, etc. Cheers again, bud.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: 2017-01-05 01:19:06 »
*slight spoiler alert be warned*

Spoiler: show

Out of curiosity, are the two Cids and the red haired guy place holders for the Commando's guarding the Shinra Mansion place holders? Cause it looks pretty silly. Also, love what you did with the sleeping man in the cave where Mythral is. Gave me a good chuckle.

Use the spoiler tags for spoilers :wink: ~ EQ2Alyza
« Last Edit: 2017-01-05 01:59:41 by EQ2Alyza »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: 2017-01-05 02:05:03 »
No, there's two field models for those in NT's char.lgp but if you're using another mod that replaces models then they'll be shown as Young Cid + a duplicate Red-haired NPC instead. They were set up before I knew I could make new field models with their own ####.hrc name. I'll prob do that before I put this new installer up.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4664 on: 2017-01-05 02:17:26 »
Since adding the NT char.lgp to the Catalog, it is now recommended its load order be above all the Field Models categories. I forgot to make that note change in the written tutorial.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4665 on: 2017-01-05 13:00:29 »
Since adding the NT char.lgp to the Catalog, it is now recommended its load order be above all the Field Models categories. I forgot to make that note change in the written tutorial.

I didn't know the load order had changed because of that :x

This is the new main installer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1jxc2bic9n1dfat/NT_1.4_Build_-_5th_January_2017.zip

It's got the following:
-) Ancient Forest encounter fixes + last screen chest now properly placed
-) Lost & Found NPC now visible and can be talked to; currently has a script to add Omnislash to the inventory if Cloud's Lv.4 Limit sidequest is done but no Omnislash is in the inventory and to reset Cid's Lv.4 Limit sidequest.
-) Mini/Frog disabled on Grand Horn, Sneaky Step, and Heg enemies until I've figured out why specifically Added Effect + Transform causes a softlock with these (if you find other enemies that cause this issue, let me know)
-) Junon Leagues 3rd Bracket added + 2nd Round implemented. Prizes were shuffled about (Fighter League gives Brawler League items, and Brawler League now gives a Megalixir, 3x Elixir, 100,000gil, and 10x Turbo Ether; will probably change as this seems a tad underwhelming when I write it down...)
-) Aeris Lv.4 Limit sidequest had a script problem fixed to account for changes to this field.
-) Heal Materia had the Water element added to it so it can be combined with Elemental for this effect; it means Leviathan is no longer the only Water Materia in the game.
-) Don't know if this was mentioned before, but Ancient Weapons now have two linked slots (no growth) to allow for Elemental to be used in them; should help with Morphing, though it also props them up for regular damage against other weapons.

7H IRO is made but I still need to upload it; I ran out of space on Mediafire so I need to do some spring-cleaning first :l

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: 2017-01-05 13:33:02 »
This is prolly not the place to ask, if its not then feel free to delete this post.

Sega Chief, what gave you the inspiration to work on this game and mod it? I'm asking cuz this is the game that made me into a gamer honestly.

Rkude0216

• View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: 2017-01-05 16:18:12 »
Hello, and thank you for the inclusion of resetting Cid's quest. It has worked so far, but after installing the Jan 5th file, my game freezes when entering scripted battles (after text) or battles with different music. I can't say which is the cause or if either has anything to do with it.  I tried some world battles and some in the north crater and they went fine. All junon league battles, and the walmarket battle during Cid's quest gave me an ff7_en.exe error. They freeze shortly after the screen starts to load the status/action menu. I'm going to check the battle arena soon and I'll get back with that.
Regular battle arena worked fine
Special battle and the 3 boss battles all froze
Red materia cave boss froze
Ruby and Emerald weapons were fine
« Last Edit: 2017-01-05 16:45:06 by Rkude0216 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: 2017-01-05 17:37:54 »
Hello, and thank you for the inclusion of resetting Cid's quest. It has worked so far, but after installing the Jan 5th file, my game freezes when entering scripted battles (after text) or battles with different music. I can't say which is the cause or if either has anything to do with it.  I tried some world battles and some in the north crater and they went fine. All junon league battles, and the walmarket battle during Cid's quest gave me an ff7_en.exe error. They freeze shortly after the screen starts to load the status/action menu. I'm going to check the battle arena soon and I'll get back with that.
Regular battle arena worked fine
Special battle and the 3 boss battles all froze
Red materia cave boss froze
Ruby and Emerald weapons were fine

Either the scene/kernel is out of whack or I've included the wrong battle.lgp. I'll check and then change the main installer in any case; I probably got files mixed up before generating the patch.

This is prolly not the place to ask, if its not then feel free to delete this post.

Sega Chief, what gave you the inspiration to work on this game and mod it? I'm asking cuz this is the game that made me into a gamer honestly.

I've always had a fascination with palette-swaps for some reason, probably because old games used to recycle enemy models/sprites with a different palette set. The NT mod was originally only going to be that, bosses with a different colour, name, and move-set.

Edit: It was the wrong battle.lgp, likely a default one. Replaced it and updated the Main Installer; 7H IRO is up now as well.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-05 18:38:19 by Sega Chief »

Onepercentofone

• View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: 2017-01-05 20:50:24 »
Hey guys, long time follower here. First off, my hat's off to all of you that have been working on this game. Between the gameplay tweaks, and the graphical tweaks, you guys have given me a failsafe to the upcoming official remake. I'm not much of a programmer or anything like that, but I know my way around a computer and what mods I have installed have been pretty straightforward as far as getting them to work. A big congratulations and thank you for all your hard work. Seriously. You've all earned it.

Secondly, I have a few questions that I'm not sure were answered, as I cannot find them. I started off with the Reunion mod, which was pretty cool except it didn't really add to the difficulty of the game. That's when I stumbled upon your NT mod. Personally, I like your mod better in what it does to the game's mechanics. I really like the Save Point options, and the new spells and so forth. Recently, I tried to have both mods active at the same time but it seems it doesn't really work that way. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know. Basically, what happens is the mods overwrite each other. If I install NT first, Reunion overwrites it completely, and vice versa. What I'm trying to do is take the character models that came with Reunion and put them into the NT mod. Not by editing files or replacing files, but through the installer. I deselected all boxes on the Reunion installer and only tried to install the character models, but it didn't work the way I thought it would. It didn't do anything, really. What can I do to get the updated models to work with the NT mod? I'm not using a mod loader like 7th Heaven or Bootleg or anything; when I tried that last time, the game didn't read any save files, even though they are there.

Aside from getting the 2 to work with each other, I haven't come across any issues with your mod whatsoever. You've done a fantastic job.

And I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this question, or if a similar question was already asked and answered.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: 2017-01-05 22:27:28 »
Hey guys, long time follower here. First off, my hat's off to all of you that have been working on this game. Between the gameplay tweaks, and the graphical tweaks, you guys have given me a failsafe to the upcoming official remake. I'm not much of a programmer or anything like that, but I know my way around a computer and what mods I have installed have been pretty straightforward as far as getting them to work. A big congratulations and thank you for all your hard work. Seriously. You've all earned it.

Secondly, I have a few questions that I'm not sure were answered, as I cannot find them. I started off with the Reunion mod, which was pretty cool except it didn't really add to the difficulty of the game. That's when I stumbled upon your NT mod. Personally, I like your mod better in what it does to the game's mechanics. I really like the Save Point options, and the new spells and so forth. Recently, I tried to have both mods active at the same time but it seems it doesn't really work that way. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know. Basically, what happens is the mods overwrite each other. If I install NT first, Reunion overwrites it completely, and vice versa. What I'm trying to do is take the character models that came with Reunion and put them into the NT mod. Not by editing files or replacing files, but through the installer. I deselected all boxes on the Reunion installer and only tried to install the character models, but it didn't work the way I thought it would. It didn't do anything, really. What can I do to get the updated models to work with the NT mod? I'm not using a mod loader like 7th Heaven or Bootleg or anything; when I tried that last time, the game didn't read any save files, even though they are there.

Aside from getting the 2 to work with each other, I haven't come across any issues with your mod whatsoever. You've done a fantastic job.

And I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this question, or if a similar question was already asked and answered.

The issue is that the char.lgp, where models are stored, is being overwritten whole-sale rather than having files inserted into it by both installers.

The character models used in Reunion are Kalderasha's Chaos7 ones (maybe it uses a mix with different ones, I don't know). 7th Heaven reads save files from a different folder called Save inside the FF7 folder (Steam stores save files elsewhere, in MyDocuments I think). Good news is though that the save file format is the same so you can drag-drop steam save files straight into the 7H save folder and they should work (but be wary of doing this the other way around; FF7 Steam's launcher deletes save files it doesn't recognise on start-up).

Alternatively, you'd have to mix the .lgp archives manually. This would need Luksy's ULGP tool to a) unpack the char.lgp of an NT installation and a char.lgp from a Reunion Installation, b) copy-paste the Reunion char.lgp files (all of them) into the NT char.lgp archive, c) repack the NT char.lgp and put it back into the game folders.

If using updated battle models as well, then it's the same deal but with the battle.lgp instead but ONLY copy Reunion files from RT** onwards.

Rkude0216

• View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: 2017-01-05 23:07:38 »
Hey Sega Chief, looks like there is an issue with Blackjacks attack animation in the junon leagues match. I only tried fighting him twice but both times the game soft freezes when the card should be coming onto screen, or his initial attack. I'm only guessing its a card attack from the camera angle change. I don't have time to try casting anything before he attacks but I can still move throughout the menu and try to run away.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: 2017-01-05 23:43:05 »
Hey Sega Chief, looks like there is an issue with Blackjacks attack animation in the junon leagues match. I only tried fighting him twice but both times the game soft freezes when the card should be coming onto screen, or his initial attack. I'm only guessing its a card attack from the camera angle change. I don't have time to try casting anything before he attacks but I can still move throughout the menu and try to run away.

That's annoying, I changed it last-minute to the one Death Joker uses to produce a card but I guess the enemy used a different variant of that enemy as a base with different animation indexes; just my luck :l

I'll throw a scene patch up just now.

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/file/51xx2zo2vsssd8q/NT_Mod_HotFix_Scene_-_6th_January_2017.zip

If only the other files/patches were only 700kb too ;-;
« Last Edit: 2017-01-05 23:51:08 by Sega Chief »

Rkude0216

• View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: 2017-01-06 01:22:58 »
Well it seems you unbroke the junon league. Thanks for the quick replies and updates too. But as I am currently starting the Dark Cave quest, I have gotten stuck at a dog that turns white but won't disappear off the pipe blocking me from going further after finding Tifa. This spot had worked when I "checked out the side quest" while waiting for the omnislash/highwind quests to be updated.

Sorry to keep finding stuff to be fixed -.-

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4674 on: 2017-01-06 01:37:14 »
Sorry to keep finding stuff to be fixed -.-

That's not something to apologize for :P