Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4880530 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4725 on: 2017-01-10 05:30:09 »
It's basically a flag that has your characters 'absorb' the restorative element, which means all conventional healing inflicts damage instead. There's a few ways to get around it; one is to use elemental absorption to turn other elements into sources of healing instead (absorbing Fire let's you use Fire as a source of HP for instance); Absorb HP Materia or a weapon that drains HP like Force Stealer/Venus Gospel might work as well.

Onepercentofone

• View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: 2017-01-10 06:33:52 »
What about the MP side of things? I couldn't restore my MP, and these creatures love to attack it. The Ghost Hand only drains for like 17mp, and Osmosis drained it, but didn't put the drained amount into my bank. The Ethers also damaged my MP instead of restored it. Do I have to use MP Absorb with another materia? That kind of seriously handicaps Aeris; her physical is restorative and everything she does is MP based. I'm not trying to ruin the game, you just got me genuinely stumped! Kudos, my man. I haven't had problems like this since 1997.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: 2017-01-10 07:35:52 »
Hey is there ant way that people share their save in nt 1.4? I would be happy to find one just after midgar escape just for testing the game with an other team that the one i chose

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: 2017-01-10 19:42:47 »
What about the MP side of things? I couldn't restore my MP, and these creatures love to attack it. The Ghost Hand only drains for like 17mp, and Osmosis drained it, but didn't put the drained amount into my bank. The Ethers also damaged my MP instead of restored it. Do I have to use MP Absorb with another materia? That kind of seriously handicaps Aeris; her physical is restorative and everything she does is MP based. I'm not trying to ruin the game, you just got me genuinely stumped! Kudos, my man. I haven't had problems like this since 1997.

That's a good point, but I just remembered that all their counter-attacks bar one are based on % of the target's current or Max HP (the last attack deals damage = to party escapes but this shouldn't hit for more than a couple of hundred at most). You could use HP<->MP Materia (now dropped by Materia Keeper on Mt. Nibel) to swap your HP with MP; that way you likely won't need to restore MP for a lot longer and damage you take should be much easier to heal up using elemental magic/elemental damage items. Vincent/Cait Sith can also regenerate MP over time (I think their abilities were swapped around for the latest build).

Hey is there ant way that people share their save in nt 1.4? I would be happy to find one just after midgar escape just for testing the game with an other team that the one i chose

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/945yi4i750x1yu1/save07.ff7

But when using this, open FF7's launcher first then place it into the save folder (should be located in MyDocuments/Square Enix/FF7/User_#####). If you put it in there BEFORE starting the launcher then the save file will be deleted. If using the 7H version, you can probably just drop it into the save folder with no issues.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-10 19:46:58 by Sega Chief »

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: 2017-01-10 20:10:33 »
I will try this, oh and i have a pb, since the 7th update, i can t play with your new threat mod and field models main/non player mod are now incompatible, yesterday all work perfectly, any idea?

Oh and about your saves, thx a lot i had take a look of your saves without pb, however, i search a save where cloud and his team just escaped to midgar, and the only one save with low lvl you give me is at the beginning of the wall market

And about cid passif, i saw in read me that a grant luck during battle, but in my game he has a barrier/barr M passif, is it normal?
« Last Edit: 2017-01-10 21:14:34 by levantine »

Meindratheal

• View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: 2017-01-10 21:37:42 »
I think Cait Sith has a different innate ability to the one in the readme too. I noticed his MP was going up slowly over time (like Regen for MP).  I think that's supposed to be Vincent's innate?

since the 7th update, i can t play with your new threat mod and field models main/non player mod are now incompatible, yesterday all work perfectly, any idea?

See http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17351.0

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: 2017-01-10 21:54:00 »
I have already Open  ff7_opengl.cfg, scroll to the bottom, change direct_mode = on, and save
And  Extra Folders has direct typed into it as show the tutorial :(
I don't understand why yesrerday all worked perfectly but today can't worth thoose mods together !

About the mod, is there any list that show what we can steal and morph for each ennemies? :)
« Last Edit: 2017-01-10 21:58:05 by levantine »

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: 2017-01-10 22:53:34 »
Problem solved, i uninstall the mod that give all the list of different difficulties mods, download the iro of new threat and put it in the right folder :p

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: 2017-01-10 23:25:07 »
I will try this, oh and i have a pb, since the 7th update, i can t play with your new threat mod and field models main/non player mod are now incompatible, yesterday all work perfectly, any idea?

Oh and about your saves, thx a lot i had take a look of your saves without pb, however, i search a save where cloud and his team just escaped to midgar, and the only one save with low lvl you give me is at the beginning of the wall market

And about cid passif, i saw in read me that a grant luck during battle, but in my game he has a barrier/barr M passif, is it normal?

Cid's innate was changed as it was found the Luck gain wasn't working properly.

I think Cait Sith has a different innate ability to the one in the readme too. I noticed his MP was going up slowly over time (like Regen for MP).  I think that's supposed to be Vincent's innate?

See http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17351.0

In the last set of updates, Vincent had his innate swapped with Cait Sith for a few reasons: 1) It bolstered Cait's tankiness a little too much and pushed him more toward that role, 2) Vincent's MP regen is useless when he's in Limit form but having his MP act as a HP regen means the innate still has value when using this, 3) It tied in with the idea of having Vincent be a defensively tough caster in relation to the other magic-orientated characters. I think it's a better fit this way round.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4734 on: 2017-01-11 04:13:02 »
Problem solved, i uninstall the mod that give all the list of different difficulties mods, download the iro of new threat and put it in the right folder :p

I disabled all the Field Models in the Catalog because right now the NT IRO comes with an entire char.lgp. I actually need just the modded files so that I can separate the Main Characters from the new Enemies. If you play with the Field Models in the Catalog, there's a chance you are going to overwrite some of NT Enemies and cause a soft lock or crash. NT is such a large mod that it really should only be played with its files and never overlap with other mods. There is is just too much changed in it to make it compatible with other mods. Perhaps in the future, but that will require some time to work on and organize all the files.

The Chibi models included in NT are redone anyways, and they look pretty good. Kaldarasha spent a lot of time on them, and Sega Chief built his mod around those files, so trying to change them is in a way throwing out all their hard work.

But, whatever....people keep finding these stupid work arounds and then posting their problems with the mods. I am completely ignoring them at this point because I don't have time to figure out problems caused by stubborn users.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-11 04:14:53 by EQ2Alyza »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: 2017-01-11 04:26:41 »
I disabled all the Field Models in the Catalog because right now the NT IRO comes with an entire char.lgp. I actually need just the modded files so that I can separate the Main Characters from the new Enemies. If you play with the Field Models in the Catalog, there's a chance you are going to overwrite some of NT Enemies and cause a soft lock or crash. NT is such a large mod that it really should only be played with its files and never overlap with other mods. There is is just too much changed in it to make it compatible with other mods. Perhaps in the future, but that will require some time to work on and organize all the files.

The Chibi models included in NT are redone anyways, and they look pretty good. Kaldarasha spent a lot of time on them, and Sega Chief built his mod around those files, so trying to change them is in a way throwing out all their hard work.

But, whatever....people keep finding these stupid work arounds and then posting their problems with the mods. I am completely ignoring them at this point because I don't have time to figure out problems caused by stubborn users.

I thought I only had modded files in the IRO (except for the duplicate models back when I didn't know I could make new designations). I'll clean the files up and reorganise them when I get some time.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: 2017-01-11 04:38:17 »
I thought I only had modded files in the IRO (except for the duplicate models back when I didn't know I could make new designations). I'll clean the files up and reorganise them when I get some time.

Awhile back, when you sent me personal downloads for v1.35, the char folder had 1,432 files. Now I'm sure some more were added since then, but the IRO on the OP has jumped up to 12,924 files in the char folder. Perhaps a mistake by accident? I know I do this all the time when working long hours, so it's no problem :)

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: 2017-01-11 10:03:39 »
Oh i understand why you desactivate field models for the NT, but with what i done yesterday, the nt mod work perfectly with field models character, thx to your, answer, if i encounter a bug, i would juste desactivate my field models character and by pass the moment.
Thx for answers guys.

Nothing with it, i just discovered how to spend SP in my party, this is really a good idea to make choose wich stats you want to boost for each character for more personalisation, congrats for this idea, the problem is that i discovered it really late in the game (and sp can juste stack up to 255, not any more) so to conclude with, i loste a lot of possible boosting stats in my party, that's why i have poor stats with my 50 lvl's character, maybe i should just restart a party and take care more about this :(
Still waiting for a save just after midgar escaping, if someone got one i should be really happy to get it !

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: 2017-01-11 17:51:54 »
Oh i understand why you desactivate field models for the NT, but with what i done yesterday, the nt mod work perfectly with field models character, thx to your, answer, if i encounter a bug, i would juste desactivate my field models character and by pass the moment.
Thx for answers guys.

Nothing with it, i just discovered how to spend SP in my party, this is really a good idea to make choose wich stats you want to boost for each character for more personalisation, congrats for this idea, the problem is that i discovered it really late in the game (and sp can juste stack up to 255, not any more) so to conclude with, i loste a lot of possible boosting stats in my party, that's why i have poor stats with my 50 lvl's character, maybe i should just restart a party and take care more about this :(
Still waiting for a save just after midgar escaping, if someone got one i should be really happy to get it !

So it's a Disc 1 post-Midgar save file you want; I misunderstood before. Here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6kj3o6koeqkoz1s/save01.ff7

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: 2017-01-12 00:27:20 »
Thx for the same i will look at it :)
I was looking for customise all musics (replace original by mp3 files) but it looks very complicate to replace music in folders finally...

About your save, it looks like it was an older version to the 1.4 (for example in my save at this lvl i had ennemy away, and in your save there is no ennemy away but ennemy encounter)
« Last Edit: 2017-01-12 00:41:27 by levantine »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4740 on: 2017-01-12 12:36:52 »
Thx for the same i will look at it :)
I was looking for customise all musics (replace original by mp3 files) but it looks very complicate to replace music in folders finally...

About your save, it looks like it was an older version to the 1.4 (for example in my save at this lvl i had ennemy away, and in your save there is no ennemy away but ennemy encounter)

It is an older save, but I think it's from the early days of 1.4 (if not, then it'll be 1.35); should be close enough to the current build.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: 2017-01-12 13:51:47 »
Yep it looks like only the materia away/ increase encounter is the difference between your save and mine at this level.
No worries for that, i could simply edit your save with jenova, delete encrease encounter materia and add the ennemy away materia

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: 2017-01-13 01:44:46 »
Question, I have the steam version of this and everything works great and this mod has had my addicted to ff7 this past week!
Im on disc 3 and I got to part where tifa had to be leader and play the piano and you get a letter to go to the nibel reactor and when I go zangan is there like hes supposed to be but when the fight begins it just freezes once it passes the black screen to transition into the fight.

I have the NT 1.4 april build and patches from the 29th
I applied also patch from january 12 and still same thing happened

Also anyone know a way to get the pirate tag under my name removed? That was from years ago when I was broke and dumb and pirated the ultima version.

Edit -

Just installed the new version on the front page MK II and it works now.

Having trouble with zack, I can't beat him. I'm 82, even added 3 hp pluses and he still destroys me. Starts the fight off with a combo that without a hp plus kills me, he's so  OP.
I've seen a video from a year ago of the fight and mine doesn't begin by zacking saying its been a while, he's laying dead and cloud crawls to him. In the video hes using clouds ult weapon but when I do the fight zack has the buster sword. The combo he uses in the video does around 500 or so damage in the video without wall, I have a protect ring on which auto cast wall and zacks combo with a barrier hits around 700-900 or 1.5-2k with a crit, his comet without wall does about 5k damage with wall it does half of it, his meterorain destroys me without wall. He starts it with that combo, then I get a turn, then he cast laser then I get a turn and he cast comet. With wall or the hp pluses I don't survive with them I have around 9800 HP without it I have about 4000
And Im only holding on cause of the 3 hp pluses. Not sure if this is normal or maybe I just suck lol

I installed the new version over the older version of NT so Im gonna try to reinstall ff7 and just the new version see if that fixes it.

edit-

Still the same but ended up winning, changed my armor and finally won. Didn't get omnislash had to use the lost and found NPC.

third edit - platinum fight in extra bttles in battle square I get stuck at waiting after choosing my attacks it just stayed at waiting while no one did nothing for a minute.
Didn't get omnislash, maybe its because I never went back down the mansion so the OG cut scene never played?
« Last Edit: 2017-01-13 08:32:20 by cha0tic »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: 2017-01-13 06:54:13 »
Also anyone know a way to get the pirate tag under my name removed? That was from years ago when I was broke and dumb and pirated the ultima version.

Go to your Steam Library and right-click -> Properties on FINAL FANTASY VII. Go to the Betas tab and type "cha0tic" into the beta access code area. Screenshot and PM it to a moderator/admin. Reference this post link when asking for the request.

Arithium

• View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: 2017-01-13 16:17:49 »
I don't know if anyone has reported this to you yet, but your able to softlock in the dark cave if you go back to a few of the places where you fought the bosses such as the sewers since you cannot fight it twice. You can also walk through the fence and go back up to fight jenova again.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: 2017-01-13 16:56:01 »
Thanks for letting me know; I'll add some stuff to get that sorted.

Arithium

• View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: 2017-01-13 17:40:36 »
Thanks for letting me know; I'll add some stuff to get that sorted.
Another bug that death_unites_us found is apparently after doing a sidequest (potentially dark cave), the disc gets set back to 1 and causes graphic bugs during the final decent & end game with cutscenes.

Cid quest should tell you that cid needs to be party leader as well.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-13 17:42:38 by Arithium »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: 2017-01-13 23:32:45 »
Another bug that death_unites_us found is apparently after doing a sidequest (potentially dark cave), the disc gets set back to 1 and causes graphic bugs during the final decent & end game with cutscenes.

Cid quest should tell you that cid needs to be party leader as well.

:c

I'll sort those out, but I'm annoyed with myself about the Disc thing. I could have sworn I'd added a Disc 3 call, or maybe it was just to the lost&found NPC (which is now also gone, I checked the script).

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: 2017-01-14 08:25:57 »
Latest version for me the platinum extra battle after my selecting my move for the turns battle hangs no one attacks or does anything.

How do I fight love buster to get tifa item to craft her ultimate?

the doc says rocket town but theres nothing to do there

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: 2017-01-14 16:22:28 »
I'll get a scene patch up, was supposed to do it earlier but it slipped my mind.

The docs are slightly behind as well; Cid's thing was changed slightly and now activates from the backyard of his house (where the Tiny Bronco is), he needs to be in the party/party leader to follow the questline all the way.

Edit: But before that, I need to check if the key item was transferred across from the old one. I don't remember doing this so it might need to be added again.

Edit2: Got the patches made and uploading; I'll do a 7H IRO update as well.

Edit3: Scene + Flevel patches updated, and the IRO too:
-) Disk 3 asked for when Dark Cave finished (talk to lost & found NPC will do this when talked to as well)
-) Key Item Micro-Engine now available from Cid's Lv.4 Limit sidequest (lost & found NPC will add this if sidequest is finished)
-) Cid's option 1 on Rank=Up now gives correct number of Luck sources
-) Platinum Match animation problem fixed

For IRO users, all fixes since the last IRO have been implemented.

Just a heads-up for everyone though, I'm currently working through Arrange Mode so if you notice any problems or erratic behaviour with bosses/scripts that were previously working then let me know.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-14 17:41:22 by Sega Chief »