Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836592 times)

Onepercentofone

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99)
« Reply #10875 on: 2021-05-29 01:30:33 »

I've not heard of that NPC getting stuck on that particular scene; the model swap shouldn't really affect it, but it's a possibility. If I'm unable to replicate it, what I'll do is have a look at it and then add a failsafe timer to have the scene advance regardless of whether he makes it out of the room.

Would it help if I provided a save file and a list of all my mods or something? Anything I can do to help, just say the word!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: 2021-05-29 19:35:47 »
Would it help if I provided a save file and a list of all my mods or something? Anything I can do to help, just say the word!

No, as far as save data goes it won't affect this scene.

I'm thinking now it may be to do with when dialogue boxes are closed as well, perhaps the script hasn't been proofed to certain timings (as in, closing the text too fast/slow can result in him getting stuck). Just a theory though for the time being.

projectgilga

• View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: 2021-06-01 13:55:29 »
Hi Sega,

First of all, thanks for all the time and effort put into this mod. I've had a ton of fun beating it during lockdown and has given me a reason to replay FF7.

A few questions now that I'm at endgame (I'm playing Type A):

• I noticed Cid can be selected as party leader. I understand that Tifa is in order to get her final limit break in Nibelheim. Is there a sidequest for Cid where I also need him as the active party leader?
  • Any tips on Ruby Weapon? I've picked up nearly everything, only got the Ruby & Emerald to defeat and then off to beat Sephiroth. Can't for the life of me do much to Ruby before getting wiped.
  • I had a dupe of 1/35 soldier that I must have picked up in Cosmo Canyon. I found out the one I was missing and picked it up so I had all unique 12. But when I went back to the Collector in Mythril Mines he gave me the text prompt about how he is looking for all 12 even now that I have them all. Is this a known bug?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: 2021-06-01 20:26:16 »
Hi Sega,

First of all, thanks for all the time and effort put into this mod. I've had a ton of fun beating it during lockdown and has given me a reason to replay FF7.

A few questions now that I'm at endgame (I'm playing Type A):

• I noticed Cid can be selected as party leader. I understand that Tifa is in order to get her final limit break in Nibelheim. Is there a sidequest for Cid where I also need him as the active party leader?
  • Any tips on Ruby Weapon? I've picked up nearly everything, only got the Ruby & Emerald to defeat and then off to beat Sephiroth. Can't for the life of me do much to Ruby before getting wiped.
  • I had a dupe of 1/35 soldier that I must have picked up in Cosmo Canyon. I found out the one I was missing and picked it up so I had all unique 12. But when I went back to the Collector in Mythril Mines he gave me the text prompt about how he is looking for all 12 even now that I have them all. Is this a known bug?

For 2.0, I think I set it up Cid's one in a counter-intuitive way; you enter the busted automated shop in Wall Market with Cloud as party leader. The script should then set the party to Cloud, Tifa, and Cid (assuming they aren't already there). Tifa's one I think she needs to be leader due to the script being a bit of a hack job originally so I left it alone (if it doesn't work as Tifa, then swap to Cloud as leader and try that).

For Ruby, don't go in with 1 person alive like default; the fight works the other way around now where, if only one person remains, he'll Whirlsand that person. You need to try and keep 2-3 people up throughout. There is a bit of time to revive people if you end up with 1 character alive but it depends where he is in the attack rotation. I think he uses a few elemental attacks so Fire and Earth protection along with some beefy magic defence should help a lot.

I'll check his script; maybe the triggers aren't updated? I think one was changed from a default chest to a brand new one, might be that.

projectgilga

• View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: 2021-06-01 21:07:22 »
Thanks for your reply. For Ruby I keep getting wiped by Ultima mid-fight, is it a counter to something? I'll play around with a few setups to see if I can get somewhere.

Also, do you have a donations link? I couldn't see one.  ;)

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: 2021-06-02 16:49:41 »

They are in the first post of this thread :)

DarkCacos

• View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: 2021-06-04 15:12:41 »
Hello guys. I just wanted to confirm you, if by chance someone was interested in it like I was, that it seems that it's possible to create a New Game + of FF7:NT with the Black Chocobo and play the game without problems since I am doing it right now in Path B after starting in Path A and it seems all fine.

You only need to remember these things if you want to do that:
1) If you create the modified save with the editor at the beginning of the game when you load it the game will give you and error and tell you that there is a problem with the Kernel, but you can ignore the warning.
2) For saving for the first time you will need to use the mod for save in all place because if you will not do it at least once, the save point will tell you that your save is not compatible with the mod. After that you will be able to use the save points as well.
3) Remember to not bring too much materias because in some parts of the game the scripts will unequip them and if the number of materias unequipped will be greater than those you can carry the game will delete them and you will need to readd them manually from the save editor.
4) Delete the Items "1/35 Soldier" in the inventory by the editor.

If there will be other problems I will let you know.

Also, I would like to report some minor bugs that I found in Path B:
1) When you attack the Shinra HQ and take the elevator and the doors opens and you find the Shinra employee instead of the battles with the monsters, the music will stop and will not restart until you arrive at the next floor where the music change.
2) If you oneshot Hundred Gunner before it can summon Thunder Gunner and HeliGunner, the game will be stuck in and endless loop and the battle will not end. (Maybe it's the same in Path A if the bosses are the same)
« Last Edit: 2021-06-04 15:22:12 by DarkCacos »

Danstorm1

• View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: 2021-06-06 02:09:47 »
Loving the mod, is there any chance you could update the docs for B type? It seems like some things are in different locations or different bosses replace things that they drop from, I don't want to accidently miss out on anything.

MrMadakey

• View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: 2021-06-08 02:56:01 »
Hey Sega Chief, I ran into Jenova Death and found a couple of bugs with Sephiroth, I'm assuming some of these have already been flagged however I wanted to give a heads up just in case.

New Threat v2.0 Gametype B

So having sneak attack/Death blow with Added cut attached to it/Counter Magic in the fight can make the fight stall to a halt. I think it's because Sephiroth needs to do a certain attack before the entire fight is loaded. I'm not entirely sure.

With that said I have left a dedicated save that I was using to attempt the fight and it can be replicated each and everytime if you just use Deathblow with Added attack on Tifa (I'm also assuming any other character)

Eventually after I caught onto what was happening I was able to avoid it by delaying Tifa until he finally did his attack. (Not exactly sure of the name of the attack he used but it was an earth/physical magic type attack that he did twice) I was able to get through by the skin of my teeth however I still wanted to give a heads up just in case anybody else suffers the same issue.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-08 04:04:38 by MrMadakey »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.991)
« Reply #10884 on: 2021-06-08 14:19:28 »
Thanks for your reply. For Ruby I keep getting wiped by Ultima mid-fight, is it a counter to something? I'll play around with a few setups to see if I can get somewhere.

I'll check later and get back to you, but I think it's part of his rotation; MBarrier and beefing up magic defence should be able to stop it.

Hello guys. I just wanted to confirm you, if by chance someone was interested in it like I was, that it seems that it's possible to create a New Game + of FF7:NT with the Black Chocobo and play the game without problems since I am doing it right now in Path B after starting in Path A and it seems all fine.

You only need to remember these things if you want to do that:
1) If you create the modified save with the editor at the beginning of the game when you load it the game will give you and error and tell you that there is a problem with the Kernel, but you can ignore the warning.
2) For saving for the first time you will need to use the mod for save in all place because if you will not do it at least once, the save point will tell you that your save is not compatible with the mod. After that you will be able to use the save points as well.
3) Remember to not bring too much materias because in some parts of the game the scripts will unequip them and if the number of materias unequipped will be greater than those you can carry the game will delete them and you will need to readd them manually from the save editor.
4) Delete the Items "1/35 Soldier" in the inventory by the editor.

If there will be other problems I will let you know.

Also, I would like to report some minor bugs that I found in Path B:
1) When you attack the Shinra HQ and take the elevator and the doors opens and you find the Shinra employee instead of the battles with the monsters, the music will stop and will not restart until you arrive at the next floor where the music change.
2) If you oneshot Hundred Gunner before it can summon Thunder Gunner and HeliGunner, the game will be stuck in and endless loop and the battle will not end. (Maybe it's the same in Path A if the bosses are the same)

It should be a fairly rare occurrence to one-shot him, but I'll add an AI handler to clean up the flyers.

Loving the mod, is there any chance you could update the docs for B type? It seems like some things are in different locations or different bosses replace things that they drop from, I don't want to accidently miss out on anything.

I'll see if I can find time.

Hey Sega Chief, I ran into Jenova Death and found a couple of bugs with Sephiroth, I'm assuming some of these have already been flagged however I wanted to give a heads up just in case.

New Threat v2.0 Gametype B

So having sneak attack/Death blow with Added cut attached to it/Counter Magic in the fight can make the fight stall to a halt. I think it's because Sephiroth needs to do a certain attack before the entire fight is loaded. I'm not entirely sure.

With that said I have left a dedicated save that I was using to attempt the fight and it can be replicated each and everytime if you just use Deathblow with Added attack on Tifa (I'm also assuming any other character)

Eventually after I caught onto what was happening I was able to avoid it by delaying Tifa until he finally did his attack. (Not exactly sure of the name of the attack he used but it was an earth/physical magic type attack that he did twice) I was able to get through by the skin of my teeth however I still wanted to give a heads up just in case anybody else suffers the same issue.

There was a bug with Sephiroth in his pre-battle AI where 50% of the time his 'hurt' animation wasn't getting set as a 50/50 jump intended to set AI for his battle behaviour was also capturing this important value assignment. It should be corrected as of today's patch. I think what you ran into will have been that, but I'll check Sneak Attack against it just in case (though I'd expect pre-battle AI to run before Sneak Attacks are executed).

Patch 2.0991 is up:
Code: [Select]
v2.0991
*) AI fix for boss in Whirlwind Maze
*) Blue Materia Cave boss adjusted
*) Removed var checks for 1/32 Soldier collection (just checks for 12 in stock now)
*) Added scripts to handle party leaders for Barret scene in Kalm (Disc 3)
*) Fixed script relating to key in Junon Weapon Raid (Type B)
*) Corrected slots for Gigas Armlet to No Growth
*) Added failsafe to the Save Point in Holzoff's House
*) Corrected typo on Cosmo Canyon repairman's line

Also, thanks to M. H for their donation, and thanks again to M. J. for their donation.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-08 14:22:18 by Sega Chief »

MrMadakey

• View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: 2021-06-08 17:12:01 »
There was a bug with Sephiroth in his pre-battle AI where 50% of the time his 'hurt' animation wasn't getting set as a 50/50 jump intended to set AI for his battle behaviour was also capturing this important value assignment. It should be corrected as of today's patch. I think what you ran into will have been that, but I'll check Sneak Attack against it just in case (though I'd expect pre-battle AI to run before Sneak Attacks are executed).

Patch 2.0991 is up:
Code: [Select]
v2.0991
*) AI fix for boss in Whirlwind Maze
*) Blue Materia Cave boss adjusted
*) Removed var checks for 1/32 Soldier collection (just checks for 12 in stock now)
*) Added scripts to handle party leaders for Barret scene in Kalm (Disc 3)
*) Fixed script relating to key in Junon Weapon Raid (Type B)
*) Corrected slots for Gigas Armlet to No Growth
*) Added failsafe to the Save Point in Holzoff's House
*) Corrected typo on Cosmo Canyon repairman's line

Also, thanks to M. H for their donation, and thanks again to M. J. for their donation.

Thank you <3 I would like to go on record I'm not entirely sure if it was sneak attack. I think it was. As I said I do still have the save and happy to send it you in a google drive or something if it makes it easier for you.

Have just updated and tested the fight to see if it's working and it's working perfectly now thank you again SegaChief!
« Last Edit: 2021-06-08 19:58:05 by MrMadakey »

Rasca

• View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: 2021-06-09 05:40:17 »
Thank you <3 I would like to go on record I'm not entirely sure if it was sneak attack. I think it was. As I said I do still have the save and happy to send it you in a google drive or something if it makes it easier for you.

Have just updated and tested the fight to see if it's working and it's working perfectly now thank you again SegaChief!

For whats is worth, it happenned to me too and I also triggered a sneak attack. In a retry, with no sneak attack, the battle continued as normal.

MrMadakey

• View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: 2021-06-09 17:04:00 »
Without asking anybody to spoil or anything, In V2.0 game type B I've reached the point where Cid is leader of the group (Cloud has lost his mind and Tifa is sitting by his side) I'm naturally trying to get all the enemy skills.

So my question is.. Did I miss Trine ? I don't wanna say too much because I don't wanna spoil for anybody else.

It says Trine is obtained from Materia keeper but if you've played the version then you probably know why I'm confused.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-09 17:12:40 by MrMadakey »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: 2021-06-09 19:59:27 »
For whats is worth, it happenned to me too and I also triggered a sneak attack. In a retry, with no sneak attack, the battle continued as normal.

Was this on the most recent 2.0991 build or the 2.099 build?

Without asking anybody to spoil or anything, In V2.0 game type B I've reached the point where Cid is leader of the group (Cloud has lost his mind and Tifa is sitting by his side) I'm naturally trying to get all the enemy skills.

So my question is.. Did I miss Trine ? I don't wanna say too much because I don't wanna spoil for anybody else.

It says Trine is obtained from Materia keeper but if you've played the version then you probably know why I'm confused.

Trine I think was added to the North Crater to make it unmissable; on Type B, it's available from Stilva in the Gaea's Cliffs as well I think. Godo may also have it, but I think he has Aqualung now instead.

The North Crater enemy with Trine is Crater Dragon (first area, the one where it spirals down after just dropping in from the start). Manipulate it with your highest level character. If Manipulate fails too much, then equip a Hypnocrown for better success.

Thanks to A.S. for the donation.

MrMadakey

• View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: 2021-06-10 05:12:12 »
Trine I think was added to the North Crater to make it unmissable; on Type B, it's available from Stilva in the Gaea's Cliffs as well I think. Godo may also have it, but I think he has Aqualung now instead.

The North Crater enemy with Trine is Crater Dragon (first area, the one where it spirals down after just dropping in from the start). Manipulate it with your highest level character. If Manipulate fails too much, then equip a Hypnocrown for better success.

Thanks to A.S. for the donation.

Okay thank you so much, guess I'll be going to find myself a dragon, Anyway thank you again.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-10 05:22:02 by MrMadakey »

Rasca

• View Profile
« Reply #10890 on: 2021-06-10 07:34:46 »
Was this on the most recent 2.0991 build or the 2.099 build?

Not sure about the exact version because I don't check it and there might be weeks between play sessions, but it was at least a week or two ago, so 2.099 tops.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: 2021-06-10 11:39:25 »
Not sure about the exact version because I don't check it and there might be weeks between play sessions, but it was at least a week or two ago, so 2.099 tops.

Might have just been the AI glitch in the pre-battle setup in that case which was resolved in 2.0991; it was a 50/50 if he'd softlock when being hit or not.

VVTT

• View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: 2021-06-11 04:31:17 »
Wondering if this mod applies the current spell names (e.g. Firaga/Thundaga as opposed to Fire3/Bolt3), and if people would find it worth implementing if not? Part of why I liked the Advance ports was because they standardized terms like that.  :P

I recently discovered this mod, and am very pleased by what it promises! Thank you for your work.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: 2021-06-11 13:26:42 »
Wondering if this mod applies the current spell names (e.g. Firaga/Thundaga as opposed to Fire3/Bolt3), and if people would find it worth implementing if not? Part of why I liked the Advance ports was because they standardized terms like that.  :P

I recently discovered this mod, and am very pleased by what it promises! Thank you for your work.

it's a mix. The mod uses the original game's numbering system for spells that have stronger versions (Fire, Fire2, Fire3 for instance). Some names were updated though (Dispel instead of FF7's DeSpell). This sort of extended to enemies but it's not implemented in all cases, and was usually done on request (Couerl instead of Cuahl, Ahriman instead of Allemagne). I kind of like the original fudged names, but I can understand why they might irk people so I changed some of them to what's generally used across all the games.

Some item names are also different but this is to reflect their extended effects. Most status-healing items deal with two statuses in NT, so Echo Screens and Eye Drops (Silence and Blind) were merged into one item called Echo Drops as it heals both statuses for instance.

Bonez made a mod for the 7th Heaven mod manager that updates spell names to the more modern ones and it had a NT compatibility option; when enabling this mod, make sure to go into its configuration settings and select 'New Threat 2.0' (or 1.5 if you're planning to play the older version of NT).
« Last Edit: 2021-06-11 13:28:44 by Sega Chief »

hogwartsgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: 2021-06-12 00:17:12 »
Hi Sega Chief, I'm trying to climb the pagoda with Yuffie but she's only doing 1 hit damage.

hogwartsgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: 2021-06-12 00:34:21 »
Never mind, Figured it out.

VVTT

• View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: 2021-06-12 17:23:04 »
Ah gotcha, thanks for reply! Looking forward to seeing the changes made.

javisanchez1234567

• View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: 2021-06-14 22:09:39 »
Hi Sega.
Congratulations for the mod and the great effort put into it.

I am very curious to know how you have managed to get the characters from outside the party to win all the experience. I have fiddled with programs like PrC, WM or Makou Reactor, among others and I don't know how it could be done.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: 2021-06-15 00:59:11 »
Hi Sega.
Congratulations for the mod and the great effort put into it.

I am very curious to know how you have managed to get the characters from outside the party to win all the experience. I have fiddled with programs like PrC, WM or Makou Reactor, among others and I don't know how it could be done.

It's done through the executable as an assembly calculation:

#Passive EXP Modifier (if .exe is dormant/hard-patching the .EXE with an installer)
#1C6301 = 90 90
#Nops the calculation, resulting in 100% passive EXP

#Passive EXP Modifier (if .exe is active/hext injection is being used such as 7th heaven or reunion)
#5C6F01 = 90 90

I think I removed this from the 1.5 version of the mod at some point and I don't think it ever made it into the 2.0 version. I guess I preferred to swap characters in and out based on their level as they overtook each other. I think this offset was found by either DLPB or NFITC1, I forget where I found it (maybe in an old buried post; I did a few dives into the old threads of this forum years and years ago looking for bits and pieces).

But in any case, that's the offset that deals with it.

javisanchez1234567

• View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: 2021-06-15 07:33:48 »
It's done through the executable as an assembly calculation:

#Passive EXP Modifier (if .exe is dormant/hard-patching the .EXE with an installer)
#1C6301 = 90 90

#Passive EXP Modifier (if .exe is active/hext injection is being used such as 7th heaven or reunion)
#5C6F01 = 90 90

I think I removed this from the 1.5 version of the mod at some point and I don't think it ever made it into the 2.0 version. I guess I preferred to swap characters in and out based on their level as they overtook each other. I think this offset was found by either DLPB or NFITC1, I forget where I found it (maybe in an old buried post; I did a few dives into the old threads of this forum years and years ago looking for bits and pieces).

But in any case, that's the offset that deals with it.

Ah, thank you very much for answering this question.

To tell the truth I played the Spanish version of NT from a year and a half ago or so. I was planning to play FF7 but something changed it just before I started and it was delayed. When I played I already kept what I had installed.

I think that the experience is good because it allows you to always choose a group and not cling to the ones you choose at the beginning. If not 100%, maybe 90%, so that they have a penalty but do not stay so far behind.