Author Topic: Final fantasy 8 steam graphical mods help, suggestions, proposal  (Read 4660 times)

march

• View Profile
Hi there , i was wandering is it is possible to " inject " , to put on , to substitute the low quality textures with the ones that the various hackers created and that actually are loaded in the cache trough tonberry, please , if something of what i said isn't clear just tell me , since english is my second language.

Aavock

• View Profile
Hey, as you just said you have to use the Tonberry (enhanced) tool for that and search for the textures you want to replace such as Horizon Pack for worldmap textures, SeeD Reborn for UI and so on...

Or maybe is it the install process itself that you're experiencing trouble?

march

• View Profile
clearly i write my question in a wrong way : i am using those mods with tonberry since the 2016 , that's not the problem , i already installed all the mods and tonberry many times because of various cleanings for my pc , what i asked is if is possible to permanently put those textures on the game , in order to substitute them to the normal low quality texture , is more clear now ?

Aavock

• View Profile
Oh, you mean stop using Tonberry and inject the textures directly into the game files? Unfortunately this is not possible since the game is not capable of reading the moded textures by itself.

Maybe in the future someone will try to do so but the Tonberry tool is making it easier to manage moded texture so I won't bet on it
« Last Edit: 2017-08-11 00:54:41 by 5way »

march

• View Profile
I hope and i kinda think that someone already considered this , because tonberry keep forgetting to include some of the modded textures , for example , in the triple triad screen , there is almost always a missing high-res elemental symbol ( the heart symbol in my case ) , and were that does get loaded in the cache , something else will not get loaded , something like the numbers of the cards , or the game field , i even tried to increase the dimension of the cache in the .pref file on 500 , but still some textures doesn't get loaded , and tonberry keep lagging , if someone manage to do what i mentioned in this post , all those problems would be solved permanently

ammudava

• my name is Dava Ammu. i am indian girl
    • View Profile
this game character is it still the same as the playstation version one? not in HD? really love to see all in HD for this game. never played before FF8.

march

• View Profile
this game character is it still the same as the playstation version one? not in HD? really love to see all in HD for this game. never played before FF8.

yes everything is the same , no even better , squall were a bit ugly with the original face , there is the version 1.2 of the seed reborn ( or maybe rebith flame , i don't well remember ) that propose a better version of the face of squall , is a bit different , but honestly it was a necessary changing