Author Topic: Interesting fact about the FF inventor!  (Read 6167 times)

but2002

• View Profile
    • http://www.allgamingnetwork.co.nr
Interesting fact about the FF inventor!
« on: 2005-12-07 21:56:33 »
Did you know that the person who came up with the FF storylines is an addmitteed 'shroom addict? thats why the storylines are SOOOO twisted :D

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-08 01:36:43 »
I would have to say that thats not really that interesting... neither are the storylines in FF that twisted. Read a book sometime, preferably one without big print & pictures.

Something along the lines of Gene Wolfe's: The Shadow of the Torturer.

but2002

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-08 02:23:54 »
:z  -_- That was just rude. I have a very high intellect of reading! I do not understand WHY you would INSULT me! FF storylines have plenty of twists. like from a simple bobming mission all to saving a planet. You are quite unpleasent.    (also that book is a good one. I have already read it.)

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-12-08 04:14:13 »
No reason for it, i was just bored, tired & slightly annoyed and felt like taking it out on someone and for that i apologise...

Btw check your spelling, that second sentence doesn't make much sense..

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-12-08 07:14:52 »
Is everyone who proves you wrong, or dissagree's with you rude and unpleaseant?

but2002

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-12-08 12:49:14 »
well EXUSE me! well it may not be rude but it IS unpleasant

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-12-08 13:19:20 »
Calm down, No need to get so riled up by a simple comment..  That can get you into trouble carrying on like that...

Kenizark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-12-08 13:31:23 »
I remember something about that ages back on some site I visited. Interesting fact and i would like to state that FF's storylines (in my opinion) are twisted for the following fact that in every game around the climax it just completly screws up.

(this may spoil FF games from 7 - 10)

Zidane is from a different world which ends up being destroyed, Cloud is clone of Sephrioth but somehow has childhood memeroris with Tifa, Squall somehow uses Elena, Rinoa and Edea to travel in the future [I still don't understand but if I replayed the game I might grasp it (I was only 8 when i played it lol)].Tidus is a dream which dissapears when they kill Yu Yevon etc.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #8 on: 2005-12-08 17:04:43 »
Zidane was a test tube baby, created to help the take over of Giea(sp) for Terra. Think of it as an invasion between dimensions. But Zidane's brother through him out of the ship and took his place. At least, I think that's the way it went. Kinda your DBZ storyline.

Cloud is not really a clone of Sephiroth. He was part of an experiement where they inject Jenova cells into the body and then powered up with Lifestream energy for added strength, I guess. The game never really tells us the Cloning process other then what Sephritoh says about it, or if it is even related to our definition of cloning. It's also likely to be a misinterpretation or mistranslation. Regardless, the game covers itself up from another angle. Jenova is able to read minds as well as shapeshift. You can say that everyone that got injected with Jenova cells, *is* Jenova. Those with strong will are able to resist her callings. When Cloud met Tifa in Midgar, he didn't know who he was. If you recall there is a Flash and Cloud starts talking to Tifa. Cloud got memories of himself from Tifa... The catch is that Jenova didn't know that the little boy in Tifa's memories, was actually the person she was controlling. That's when we start viewing the story... The meeting of Tifa was told in a flashback within the game. So...you're Cloud's conscience.

As for Time Compression in FF8. They never really get into it. But Ultimecia needed to go further back in time to activate Time Compression. The machine based on Ellone, could only go so far... Maybe it could only go to where Ellone was? Anyway she needed to go further back. Also, the machine apparently can home in on women with the sorceress' powers, those that have the power of Hyne(sp). Ultmecia wanted to get control of Ellone, and have her leap frog her further back in time, where then she could achieve Time Compression. Why did she want Time Compression? So to control all the power of the Hyne., I guess. With Time Compression the power Hyne would me multiplied  or something. All his power that is Spread thru the ages would all be focused into one point. Time would not be relevant. (Or something like that) Ultimecia wanted the power of a God. FF8 never tells us what is needed for Time Compression, but apparently Ellone's trick was all that was needed for it to happen.

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-12-08 23:22:23 »
It still kinda surprises me how many people have failed to work out the plot... Actually after typing out all this it doesn't anymore? It was a more complicated plot than i cared to remember.

Soldier is not some huge clone army like in star wars!!, the clones were created by hojo to only to test the jenova reunion theory however he was not expecting someone with only a small amount of jenova cells (like cloud & other members of soldier) to take part in the reuinion. Otherwise all members of soldier would've followed after the clones and gone to the north cave, its only because his mind failed to survive the process in which they infuse the members of soldier with mako & jenova cells that caused him to so easily succumb to the will of sephiroth.

In FF7:AC yazoo's gang is made up of people like cloud, not clones. And just like cloud they succumb to the will of sephiroth because their mind has been lost, cloud regained his with the help of tifa in the lifestream and therefore no longer succumbs to it. This is clarified in the movie, especially when at the end yazoo realises that his nothing but a puppet to sephiroths will & that all along its not jenova his been after but that sephiroths been after him to use as body(kinda like a resurection).

The clone's in the game were nothing but gibbering wrecks capable of saying but "oooaAaah~".. or "..sephiroth.." and also were given a numbe(you can find about 13 of them i think in total i counted an wrote down the nubmers once a while ago, it reads out the number each time you meet them, the first is in the pipe after you meet aeris) where as cloud was able to speak & think clearly (or so he thougth) even tho his memory had been mixed up with his memory of zack. His memory is not reconstructed of tifa's memory, if it was the whole lifestream sequence wouldn't make sense & then he really would be nothing but a clone, also it never fitted in with tifa's memory of cloud so it cannot be then can it?.

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
« Reply #10 on: 2005-12-10 18:50:06 »
I played through the whole game this week (well... I'm at sephiroth and am working on my gold chocobo) and there is a scene where Aeris is like "Well, there must be at least 13." But I think I remember seeing some as high as 20.

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005-12-13 23:33:21 »
the numbers of them are all over the place, but there is not that many of them i dont think. i could tell you for sure if someone returned my NWN manual: i kept all my notes in the back of it + it has my serial keys dammit.

p.s. - whoa i feel retarted for typing all that other crap out.. what was i thinking

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #12 on: 2005-12-17 22:26:04 »
It has been said before that a LOT of the creations in videogames were drug related.. Look at mario..

Eats a shroom.. Gets bigger.. Flower = throwing fireballs.. You stomp little goombas and fight a dinosaur.. (someone was loaded) ~_^

Drugs also made music what it is.. (A lot of it anyway)

So.. Honestly.. I wouldn't doubt that someone was on something when they thought of the story line for anything...

Not that I think it's a bad thing mind you.. I think it's fine..

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005-12-17 22:41:05 »
If you think that the storyline was bad on that, just watch the film "The Wall" by pink Floyd.

o_o I am SO confused right now its not even funny.

but2002

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005-12-17 23:18:10 »
The wall is TOO trippy o_O

Kenizark

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005-12-18 08:57:36 »
The wall is TOO trippy o_O
lol I'd have to agree there.
Cloud is not really a clone of Sephiroth. He was part of an experiement where they inject Jenova cells into the body and then powered up with Lifestream energy for added strength, I guess. The game never really tells us the Cloning process other then what Sephritoh says about it, or if it is even related to our definition of cloning. It's also likely to be a misinterpretation or mistranslation. Regardless, the game covers itself up from another angle. Jenova is able to read minds as well as shapeshift. You can say that everyone that got injected with Jenova cells, *is* Jenova. Those with strong will are able to resist her callings. When Cloud met Tifa in Midgar, he didn't know who he was. If you recall there is a Flash and Cloud starts talking to Tifa. Cloud got memories of himself from Tifa... The catch is that Jenova didn't know that the little boy in Tifa's memories, was actually the person she was controlling. That's when we start viewing the story... The meeting of Tifa was told in a flashback within the game. So...you're Cloud's conscience.

I can't really get into the game anymore, I just get up to Neiblam(sp) and go into the flashback and can't find myself to play it any furher then that. And if I manage to get pass that it's the Desert Prison that bores me half to death.
Cloud is not really a clone of Sephiroth
I just remember something with Jenova's cells being injected in people or something like that but thanks for making me remember the storyline.