Author Topic: BETA - Sephiroth Patch (Cloud>Sephiroth Sephiroth>Clou  (Read 6212 times)

but2002

• View Profile
    • http://www.allgamingnetwork.co.nr
BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA

DOWNLOAD

OK. This would have to be my "first" patch so tell me if it works good for you. Readme IS included.

Download it here
Mod Edit: - Link Removed
It will take a while because it contains ff7.exe and char.lgp (if you have ANY ff7.exe modifications you will have to repatch this ff7.exe.)      

PLZ try it. Thank you   but2002

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
BETA - Sephiroth Patch (Cloud>Sephiroth Sephiroth>Clou
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-15 12:41:15 »
I'd be VERY careful when hosting files such as char.lgp. Not only you can get into trouble. This forum can be closed because of that. I know it's a bit (heh) unrealistic, but possible.

dziugo

but2002

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-15 12:46:32 »
Quote from: dziugo
I know it's a bit (heh) unrealistic

Very   not a bit.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #3 on: 2005-12-15 12:52:40 »
Quote from: but2002

Very   not a bit.
It's not you (and not me) who says what you can and what you cannot do in these forums. IIRC, hosting such files was always getting attention of mods.

dziugo

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-12-15 13:02:37 »
its not unrealistic at all, Look at Chrono Ressurection, That didnt even release anything and it was closed down.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-12-15 13:23:45 »
It will take a while because it contains ff7.exe and char.lgp

Why make such a large, and shady, download anyway.  Just create an installer like the Reunion Patch.  If you can't, someone here would probably assist you.

Very not a bit.

Even if that was a good rebuttal, I'm sure the owner and those that enjoy these forums would not like such risks taken.

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-12-15 17:46:09 »
I'd be VERY careful when hosting files such as char.lgp. Not only you can get into trouble. This forum can be closed because of that. I know it's a bit (heh) unrealistic, but possible.

dziugo
but the download is not even on the same server the forums are on so there is no chance the board could get shut down. The worst that could happen is the file gets taken down from the hosting site

ps: dose the read me say whats be done and what has not been done yet?

Sad Jari

« Reply #7 on: 2005-12-15 17:51:36 »
Quote from: steven
but the download is not even on the same server the forums are on so there is no chance the board could get shut down.

One word: Sharereactor.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-12-15 18:23:31 »
Well said, anyone can argue what is and isnt hosted on the servers here.
But then that will open up a new can of beans in that we modify the game and redistribute modified material.

That in itself is breaking so many copyrights.

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-12-15 18:46:48 »
Quote from: Sad Jari
Quote from: steven
but the download is not even on the same server the forums are on so there is no chance the board could get shut down.

One word: Sharereactor.
They went after shaerereactor (or tryed to) because trying to go after the edonky users who had the files and sharing it was a hell of a lot harder, but if it is on a file server like spread-it they would just go to them to have them remove it.

Sad Jari

« Reply #10 on: 2005-12-15 18:57:10 »
*sigh*

Sharereactor had links to files. This board would have links to files, if you would get your way.

Now, please point out the difference between the two - from legal perspective.

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005-12-15 19:07:06 »
*sigh*

Sharereactor had links to files. This board would have links to files, if you would get your way.

Now, please point out the difference between the two - from legal perspective.
on sharereactor they used edonkey links meaning the files were on peoples conputers and not on a server. So what do you think they would do hack eatch persons computer who has it and try to contect them to tell them remove the files or face legal action or go after the site with the link, but in cases like this the file is on ONE server. So what do you think they would do? go after everboad that has the link and bitch at them or just got the the ppl that run the server that has the ofending file and bug them?

Sad Jari

« Reply #12 on: 2005-12-15 19:11:47 »
Do you understand that they needed a reason to shut down Sharereactor?

If linking to warez is a good enough reason to shut Sharereactor down, it's a good enough reason to shut down any board.

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005-12-15 21:38:01 »

If linking to warez is a good enough reason to shut Sharereactor down, it's a good enough reason to shut down any board.

Indeed.
They did it to Suprnova....

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005-12-15 22:22:10 »
Quote from: James Pond

Indeed.
They did it to Suprnova....
I heard they closed down because they got worried about something like that happening not that it ever did.

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005-12-15 22:46:46 »
If you read up, they got closed down by the RIAA, for hosting links to copywrited material, including movies, games and audio.

but2002

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005-12-15 23:05:35 »
Well I need someone with windows XP and an E-MAIL to do it (on the same computer VIA remote assistance because I have the correct files.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #17 on: 2005-12-15 23:30:31 »
You can discuss a lot about if hosting or linking to a patched version of FF7.exe and char.lgp is legal or not - it can bring us to legal trouble.

Keep in mind that we're a big board, and you can be sure that Square and/or Eidos do have an eye on this board.

As mentioned above, try to create a patch. As for the lgp file - IIRC Ficedula's LGPTools can create LGP patches. And you will need to create a patch for the exe.
And as a positive side effect the file you will have to host will be a lot smaller.

- Alhexx