Author Topic: Completely uninstall 7th Heaven on steam Deck  (Read 172 times)

Thunderdiamond

• View Profile
Completely uninstall 7th Heaven on steam Deck
« on: 2024-03-23 21:14:46 »
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to completely uninstall 7th heaven on my steam deck. However, when I read the FAQ, the steps involved to download and execute "FF7-REMOVE-Keys.exe" in order to clean registery keys.
Unfortunately, SteamOS seems not able to run exe files.

Is there any way to run this exe on steam deck ? Or is there any other solution to clean the registery (manualy as example) ?

Sincerely.

SonopaalFounik

• View Profile
Re: Completely uninstall 7th Heaven on steam Deck
« Reply #1 on: 2024-04-09 11:22:57 »
Hey! Uninstalling 7th Heaven on Steam Deck requires a different approach since it runs on Linux (SteamOS). Here's what you can do:

1. Uninstall via Apps Menu:

Go to the Steam Deck interface.
Click "Steam" in the bottom left corner.
Select "Settings" -> "System" -> "Software".
Find "7th Heaven" in the list and click "Uninstall".
2. Manual Cleanup (Optional):

While the App Menu uninstall should remove most files, you can manually check for leftovers:

Open Konsole (terminal app) in Desktop Mode.
Type find ~/.local/share/ -name "*7thHeaven*" (press Enter). This searches for 7th Heaven folders in your user directory.
If any folders are found, you can type rm -rf <folder_name> (replace <folder_name> with the actual name and press Enter) to delete them. However, be cautious with this command as it permanently removes files.
3. No Registry Cleaning Needed:

Since SteamOS is Linux-based, it doesn't use a Windows registry. The "FF7-REMOVE-Keys.exe" is specifically for Windows. You don't need to worry about registry cleaning on your Steam Deck.

That should completely remove 7th Heaven from your Steam Deck!