Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 425456 times)

omega

Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #325 on: 2005-07-13 01:09:51 »
I dont know how to make a log file of the reunion patch when its running but it from when i looked at it, it seems to say everything successfully updated/installed.

Also I am using the original char.lpg 46.7MB
The thing that disturbs me is that when i run the patch afterwards there's more objects then what his read-me in the program says.

Original char.lgp: 12,649 files
With patch: 12,709 files

Yet when i look in my char folder my comp reports 12,806 files.
Does it help to know that im running on a windows 98?

-EDIT
Oh yeah BTW, when i zip up the files into a lpg. Its size is 49.8MB, surprisingly the game still runs but the only the old models are there like nothing happened.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2005-07-13 01:24:25 »
opps :oops: I am sorry about that.  I must have forgotten to change that number blah! but anyway it does not matter. I don't really feel like fixing that right now but anyway you are right...

It should be:
Original char.lgp: 12,649 files
With patch: 12,806 files

sorry about the confusion..

omega

« Reply #327 on: 2005-07-13 01:43:41 »
Ok, then that answers the one problem, but the new models still dont show up after i use your patch. Arn't they supposed to show up in town and the world map?

Lenas

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2005-07-13 01:57:07 »
I've tried it a few times and I still only get new models in world map, not towns.

omega

« Reply #329 on: 2005-07-13 02:14:56 »
It seems alot of people haven't seen the new models in town, just the world map.
Reunion, could you have mixed up the new models with the old ones when you created that patch for the char.lpg?

Aerith

« Reply #330 on: 2005-07-13 02:54:11 »
That's a really awesome patch. Hopefully once I get my FF7 for PC working, I'll get to install it. I love playing around with things like this! I had a field day when I discovered all the file readers/model viewers/etc on Ficedula's site. I think Ifalna is my favorite program to play with :love:

I have a favor to ask somebody withe extra time...  is it possible for somebody to grab some more screenshots of Aerith (when you first meet her selling flowers, when you're in the church with her, etc...)? I run an Aeris website and I'd love to be able to put a few of those pictures up! It's awesome to see the battle models being used instead of the field models.  

And in the Wall Market scene, how do the characters look? Somebody should make models of Tifa, cloud and Aerith in their Wall Market dresses.  :)

Luigi001

« Reply #331 on: 2005-07-13 04:41:24 »
ok now i'm really getting tired of this, i have asked twice as well as many others, please jus make a step by step on how to do this, i don't know what i'm doing wrong but if uw ould tell me i could fix it. as well as all the others. please, help asap

DarkKnight

« Reply #332 on: 2005-07-13 08:12:36 »
So, why does the game crash when I try to enter a town? There is a error message if I do: 'Fail to load AVBF.chi'.
But the strangest part is that, the models work fine when I enter the Highwind, but the game crashes when trying to enter a town.
Could someone possibly look into this?

^And about installing this, I did it like this:

-I installed LPGTools and downloaded the dll. file to get it to work
-I extracted the OLD char.lpg with LPGTools
-I ran the Reunion_Patch.exe
-I created a new char.lpg with LPGTools. (Before this, it would be better to move the char-directory and the original char.lpg to a directory below, so you can name the new char.lpg 'char' without problems.)

That's how I got it to work.

Edit:
Oh, and when I try to start a new game, the game crashes and there's a different error message: 'Fail to load BVJF.yos'.
Eh?

rmco2003

« Reply #333 on: 2005-07-13 09:54:43 »
I had this problem, where it said failed to load on certain files.

This is what I did to get it working.

1. Extract all of the files in an unmodified char.lgp to
/data/field/char/
2. Run the installer
3. Create a new char.lgp from the files located in the char folder and place it in the field folder

That should work, at least it did for me.

DarkKnight

« Reply #334 on: 2005-07-13 10:04:46 »
Quote from: rmco2003

/data/field/char/

By these files, you mean what? The original char.lpg?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2005-07-13 11:18:26 »
Yep.
Reunion, I think that the old patch style was less problematic.
By the way, here is the last model I've been working on:

Aerith, I think there were some shots at the higher resolution patch therad.
There is also one at the forth page of this thread.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2005-07-13 11:32:52 »
Looks good Borde you did know that there was a battle of the red guy anyway that 1 looks better.

DarkKnight

« Reply #337 on: 2005-07-13 11:44:17 »
Okay, now this is getting too complicated for me. Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean rmco2003.

:z

Detailed step-by-step instructions, plzkthxbai.

MaTiAz

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2005-07-13 12:36:22 »
I had this problem, where it said failed to load on certain files.

This is what I did to get it working.

/data/field/char/
2. Run the installer
3. Create a new char.lgp from the files located in the char folder and place it in the field folder

That should work, at least it did for me.

That's exactly what I did, but it still whines "Failed to load (model)".
Blah.

rmco2003

« Reply #339 on: 2005-07-13 14:02:07 »
Ok then, I'll try and make it clearer again.

If you've restored your original files already, skip this step.

1. You need to copy the original char.lgp, menu_us.lgp, world_us.lgp files from your FF7 installation CD and replace the modified ones with them in their folders in your FF7 installation directory.

2. Now open char.lgp with LGPTools and extract all of the files in the original char.lgp to a new folder labelled char in your /DATA/FIELD/ directory.

3. Now run the installer, and it should patch everything correctly.

omega

« Reply #340 on: 2005-07-13 15:39:58 »
aye...still no luck. :(
Even after I follow all the instructions it still shows the same ole boring models in town and the world map. The title screen seems to have updated properly have the reunion patch etched in the bottom right corner.

Hey reunion, perhaps you could put the files in a zip instead of using your patch file so we can manually install them instead, maybe that will work?

DarkKnight

« Reply #341 on: 2005-07-13 16:33:31 »
Do you mean that I have to put char.lpg, menu_us.lpg and world_us.lpg in the char folder?
And anyways, the installer says that the 'destination directory doesn't contain any files to update'.

*sigh*

Edit:
Hooboy, why that installer won't update the goddamn files anymore? This is driving me insane. How about using those zip. files that omega was talking about?

rmco2003

« Reply #342 on: 2005-07-13 20:02:09 »
Oh for god sake

REPLACE your char.lgp, menu_us.lgp, world_us.lgp with THE ORIGINAL char.lgp, menu_us.lgp, world_us.lgp FROM THE INSTALL DISK

CREATE A NEW FOLDER labelled CHAR in the same folder as your CHAR.LGP

USE LGPTOOLS to EXTRACT ALL FILES from your CHAR.LGP to the CHAR folder.

Run the setup

Do you understand now? I'm running out of ideas on how to get this through to you  :-?

Josephfelicewilson

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2005-07-13 20:05:34 »
It's easy to do. It's called use your brain... You don't have to be 18 almost turning 19 to use your brain. ;)

Btw, I hope that you guys finish the patch sooner or later. Biggs and Wedge and some other characters look goofy when cloud and barret are updated but not all the characters. Do you guys plan on updating all of the final fantasy  7 characters even the unknown ones. That would be cool if you did... Before I tried this mod out, I was expecting it to be something terrible, because I am very weird and like the original blocky characters. But I was wrong this mod is really cool.  :o

DarkKnight

« Reply #344 on: 2005-07-13 20:35:02 »
Thank you, NOW I understand. As said, I'm a sucker with these things.

BUT!

After I've done all that, I run the installer, and it says that 'the file doesn't contain any files to update'. I'm sorry to bother you, but is there any way around this? :z

Josephfelicewilson

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2005-07-13 21:46:04 »
Reunion, what tools did you use to make these characters? Are they simple tools? Or I would have a hard time using these tools. Because I feel like I want to mod final fantasy 7 now. I want to make the characters how I want them to look. Sorry, if this is kind of off topic. LoL

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #346 on: 2005-07-13 22:05:27 »
Quote from: Borde
I think it was time to post the (little) work I've done with the NPCs. I leave you here the Avalanche Team: Jesse, Biggs and Wedge.
http://perso.wanadoo.es/e/ventanucos/NPC%20reconstruction%20project%20(Stage0.01).rar
And here are two shots:

By the way, did you know that Wedge and Biggs are Luke's best friends at Star Wars? :-P

rmco2003, RPGillespi and Changeling. Sorry for not answering you for so long, but I wanted to have something to show. These models have been made using pieces of other battle models and edited with my Kimera program. Try to play arround with it a bit, it's pretty easy when you get used to it. You can see the result of your mess using Bitrun :-P.

Oh, one last thing, I did a little new tool to resize models and make the SD If you will in a very easy way. You can find it at the programming feedback section.

I plan on trying it out tonight.

MOD EDIT: Don't quote pictures.

Durthonion

« Reply #347 on: 2005-07-14 22:30:41 »
Oh for god sake

REPLACE your char.lgp, menu_us.lgp, world_us.lgp with THE ORIGINAL char.lgp, menu_us.lgp, world_us.lgp FROM THE INSTALL DISK

CREATE A NEW FOLDER labelled CHAR in the same folder as your CHAR.LGP

USE LGPTOOLS to EXTRACT ALL FILES from your CHAR.LGP to the CHAR folder.

Run the setup

Do you understand now? I'm running out of ideas on how to get this through to you  :-?

You forgot to mention that you got to make a NEW CHAR.LGP useing the LGPtools. I think that is what most people are forgetting.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2005-07-15 07:36:14 »
Ok this is what i did and cos i did what it said in Reunion readme and did not work.

1. Get all new file's what you need
2. Run the Reunion patch
3. Make a New Folder name it test
4. Run Ficedula: LGP Tool
5. Hit Extr.All Then Browse for Folder to where you made the New Folder named test
6. Now move all flies out of char Folder to the test Folder and hit yes to all
7. When that done make a New Folder named Backup and move the char.LGP in there
8. Go back on Ficedula: LGP Tool and hit Create then Browse for Folder to where your Final Fantasy VII\data\field is and hit ok
9. Now then done Rename the new  test.LGP to char.LGP
10. Run Final Fantasy VII and when you see the new model's go onto Qhimm.com Forum and say thx you to the right ppl

Reunion you can put this in your Readme if it help's ppl out.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2005-07-15 07:57:19 »

Why bother with all that?  Just give your computer superhuman AI and a rejection/lonliness complex, and threaten to lock it in a closet unless it does exactly what you want it to do?

...works for me.  Really.

..oor not.  Sorry, i'm just in a smart-alecy mood =)