Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 425408 times)

The SaiNt

• View Profile
Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #375 on: 2005-08-02 05:49:28 »
Quote from: Salk
Reunion,

just a perhaps stupid question: why don't you directly make your modified char.lpg and those other needed files downloadable after your modifications so that they just need to be copy pasted in the proper directories ?

If he uploaded the whole file, he would be directly distributing the FFVII files.
This is not much different from offering a pirated copy of FFVII.

Kinseek

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2005-08-02 11:43:38 »
That, and char.lgp is a good 50mb big. It could be nice to have the installer be a bit more automatic (ie. that we don`t have to fiddle around with the .lgp tools and what-not), but it works fine as it is now.

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #377 on: 2005-08-02 11:53:44 »
ive not installed this yet, the graphics look gret btu will ti effect the games stability?

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2005-08-02 18:23:30 »
Quote from: Kinseek
From which file? I have said file in my original char.lgp, but it seems to be  deleted once I install the Reunion mod (latest one as well I think).

It should not be possible for that file to be deleted or changed by my patch.. Just try the patch again.

Kinseek

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2005-08-02 19:04:27 »
Quote from: Reunion

It should not be possible for that file to be deleted or changed by my patch.. Just try the patch again.

Seems I have mispoken myself, I actually cannot find DAAD.tor in my original char.lgp either. I even opened it directly from the install cd to make sure (used the search-function in Ficedula`s LGPtools). I mustv`e somehow misread daad.a for the .tor one. Or is daad.tor built into daad.a or something? Confused...

Are you absolutely sure that daad.tor is to be found in char.lgp in the data/field folder?

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2005-08-02 19:54:47 »
daad.tor is the field extension.. In the char.lgp you are looking for daad.a (all animation files in the char.lgp have the file extension ".a") If daad.a was not in your original char.lgp you would have the same error message "fail to load DAAD.tor".

Try patching it again.. and before you create the new char.lgp check to see if the daad.a file is in the char folder. It should be, now if it still is not just get it from the original char.lgp. Then create the new char.lgp file.

Kinseek

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2005-08-02 20:15:25 »
Ah, ok.

Doesn`t make it more enlightening though, I have daad.a both in the patched one and the original one.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2005-08-03 00:16:50 »
And it still crashes.. hmm then could you please send me your daad.a file after you patch it. If I see no difference I will pm you about a different method to fix it.

~ Zack ~

« Reply #383 on: 2005-08-03 13:07:55 »
thank for this patch, it is really good work and sorry for my english  :lol: .

Pent

« Reply #384 on: 2005-08-04 03:39:51 »
Hi everyone first post

I am posting as i have downloaded the patch but something has gone wrong already it says that i don't have the ficedula dll file and that i should try re-installing the program therefore it can't open lgptools so i can extract the files what can i do about this if anything at all or where can i obtain the dll files from.

anyway from the screens it looks pretty cool real question is why didn't square just make the PC version like this in the first place.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #385 on: 2005-08-04 09:56:01 »
It was only a test... it was the first FF-series game on the PC... and the last was FF8 (AFAIK). They were not interested in making-it-look-really-good, so if it didn't work-out, they would lose less money.

And for the ficedula.dll it's a shared library, so some programs from Ficedula's site (usually his programs :P) need it to be installed. Just download it and move to the folder with that prog, or to the windows folder (system32 for NT-based system).

Pent

« Reply #386 on: 2005-08-04 13:01:42 »
No worries got it working

wasn't that difficult

good job you guys your actually very skilled to pull this off so good job keep up the good work.

Borman

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2005-08-04 13:06:15 »
Lets not count out FFXI :P Its still a FF-Series game heh, MMO or not.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #388 on: 2005-08-04 13:08:55 »
Yup :P Forgot about it. Sorry.  :oops:

Makenshi

« Reply #389 on: 2005-08-05 01:43:53 »
I've made all the tricky stuff  :D to apply the reunion patch but those new models wont appear in towns, only in the world... Is this what the patch does or have i made something wrong and i could see the new models in towns too?

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #390 on: 2005-08-05 07:40:57 »
Here are a few things I noticed:

Cloud seems to like the "un-beaten path":
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6155/offroad3yr.png

And he's definitely sad, so sad parts of him are blue:
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6493/cloudblue9sx.png

And, just because I've always wondered about this:
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5018/vinleginair7ei.png

Why does Vicent's model do that? Patch or no? Something wrong with his coding or something?

Makenshi

« Reply #391 on: 2005-08-05 09:29:05 »
Hey, why are your characters in hi-res, out of the world, and mine doesn't?
Can someone tell me why this happens? I can only see the new models in the world  :(
help plz

Niai

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2005-08-06 00:58:47 »
Quote from: _Sephiroth_
And, just because I've always wondered about this:
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5018/vinleginair7ei.png

Why does Vicent's model do that? Patch or no? Something wrong with his coding or something?

Nothing to do with Reunion's patch. Vincent's model has always been messed up during that portion of the game.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2005-08-06 01:59:16 »
Quote from: Makenshi
Can someone tell me why this happens? I can only see the new models in the world  :(
help plz

You are not making the new char.lgp correctly please try creating it again.

Quote from: Nilai
Nothing to do with Reunion's patch. Vincent's model has always been messed up during that portion of the game.

Yeah the level maps in that area load an animation file that does not fit the number of bones in Vincent's hierarchy...

Let me check... it loads acfe.a Now it should load afdf.a
I think this only happens in ancnt1, ancnt4 but it could be more...

And if anyone really cares I can make a patch to fix it...

Kai_Hawatari

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2005-08-06 02:51:19 »
This is slightly OT for this thread, but it seems to be the closest I can find... *winces pre-emptively*.

I'm patching using LGPTools with the Cloudquality patch and it just kinda sits at 1/5th install. I heard something about this just taking a long time, but should it take this long? I've got a 2.8 Pentium D (dual-core ^_^), so I'm not short on CPU brute strength. (It's Overclocked to 3.3gHz too, I love this CPU ^_^.)

enigma^^

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2005-08-06 04:20:10 »
Quote from: Makenshi
help plz

You are not making the new char.lgp correctly please try creating it again.

Hey, I have the same problem here. I've applied the patch, but I can't seem to create the new char.lgp file. It does not appear in the directory I save it in. Maybe I do not know how to create the lgp file correctly. This is what I did:

1) Under LGP Tools > Create
2) Browse for folder, in this case ... Program Files > Squaresoft, Inc > Final Fantasy VII > data > field > char
3) Save as char.lgp in another drive.
4) Nothing seems to happen.

What am I doing wrong here?

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2005-08-06 05:48:22 »
Quote from: enigma^^
3) Save as char.lgp in another drive.
You can just overwrite the original one...
It does take a few minutes...

enigma^^

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2005-08-06 07:06:29 »

It does take a few minutes...

Erm.... how long is a few minutes? I've waited for half an hour and there's still no change...

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2005-08-06 16:40:16 »
Erm.... how long is a few minutes? I've waited for half an hour and there's still no change...
One or two minutes you can tell it is done when it starts responding again.

enigma^^

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2005-08-07 01:57:50 »
One or two minutes you can tell it is done when it starts responding again.

When I try to save over the present file, it never asks me whether I want to overwrite it. Furthermore, it doesn't seem to have an indication that LGPTools is doing something (like the blue bars increasing etc). It just goes back to the LGP Window like nothing happened :( And how can I tell whether the program is responding?