Author Topic: Whats the verdict - stick with original FF7 with mods to switch to 2012  (Read 3903 times)

peroxwhygenesis

• View Profile
Whats the verdict - stick with original FF7 with mods to switch to 2012 release?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, and why.

Best wishes

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
I wouldn't recommend buying the 2012 release if you've already got the 1998 PC version, but I also wouldn't seek out the 1998 version if you have neither. While I do think the original release is better, it's just not enough better to warrant specifically seeking it out, especially since kranmer's converter makes it compatible with all the old mods.

peroxwhygenesis

• View Profile
Thank you, I have the 1998 version with most of the mods, just wanted ot know if I was missing out on fancy new hd cut scenes and other nice stuff.

Thanks for the reply :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The changes with 2012 version that I find to be an improvement are:

a. The FMV are very nice to look at, even though they are upscaled from PSX versions.

b. flevel (the file that is involved with field models and programming) has been updated.  A few bugs have been fixed there.

c. ogg music can be placed in 2012 version (although aalis next driver should support ogg for ff7 original).

Other than that, no difference of note.

peroxwhygenesis

• View Profile
Cool, has anyone ripped the shiny upscaled vids and found a way to use them in the 1998 version?

Thanks for replying :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The upscaled vids will work easily with 1998 just by copying them across. Not sure how legal that is though...

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Cool, has anyone ripped the shiny upscaled vids and found a way to use them in the 1998 version?

Thanks for replying :)
I think someone did take the rerelease fmv's and uploaded em not too sure..hm try googling :)
If i had it i would've uploaded em for people to use by now :D

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
I wouldn't say it's illegal if YOU own both games, But to upload here? I'd stick on the safe side and not post them

DLPB, would you say it's worth the $12 or whatever for the new FMV's? I already own the original PC version, However if the new FMV's are worth it i'll buy the new one for em :D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I wouldnt say its worth 12 dollars no.  Not for those.  They are decent but not worth that.