Author Topic: How to change the order of the scenes in FF7  (Read 4377 times)

chimobayo

• View Profile
How to change the order of the scenes in FF7
« on: 2013-04-01 17:10:48 »
Hi, anyone knows how to change the order of the scenes in FF7?

With the Makou Reactor program i can edit the scenes of the game, the dialogues, and other stuff, but i want to change the other of the scenes in the game.

For example, i would to stay the game in another location other than the train station.

Wich is the file (for example, scene.bin, kernel.bin, or other) that handles the order of the scenes.? I could see in the Makou reactor that the scenes (for example, mn_Kin4) stored in sflevel.glp have an ID, but i don´t know how to change the ID or wich is the file that calls this ID.

FF7Remastered

• View Profile
Re: How to change the order of the scenes in FF7
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-02 22:25:41 »
All the field scenes are stored in the flevel.lgp

Every scene has an ID number. The ff7.exe will identify the ID and proceed to the next scene. 

chimobayo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-03 16:15:08 »
Thanks!!

how could i edit the ff7.exe?

do you know if is there any program for doing it? I was looking for but i didn´t found it.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-03 16:16:51 by chimobayo »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-03 16:46:49 »
I hope you're asking for an unrelated reason. You can edit the flevel to change the scene order. Just change each scenes' exit points.

Otherwise, learn some x86 asm and how to write code. Then use a hex editor that can insert and you're set.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-04-03 18:04:27 »
If you want to edit ff7.exe on fly you can use hext.dll, this will make changing what you want easier because you can place memory addresses in small plain text files.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13574.0

You can also do same for the exe using HextEditor.

But you will need a reasonable hex editor for testing.  I suggest using something easy like Cheat Engine for manual edits to memory.

chimobayo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-04-03 22:29:21 »
I hope you're asking for an unrelated reason. You can edit the flevel to change the scene order. Just change each scenes' exit points.

Otherwise, learn some x86 asm and how to write code. Then use a hex editor that can insert and you're set.

Where could i find the scenes´exit points? Is it possible to edit them with the program Makou reactor? Could you give an example of "scene points"?

I need the help manual of Makou reactor, but i don´t know where i can get it.

Thanks to all for your help. I will try too to learning some x86 asm.  I can´t use the hext.dll because i have the FF7 2012 version.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-04-03 22:49:29 »
Newer 2012 version you can use hextloader to load in the changes every time you start game, but you be better off for main edits to just use a hex editor on the exe.

chimobayo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-04-04 16:49:24 »
Ok. And do you know how could i edit the scenes´exit points in the Makou reactor program?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #8 on: 2013-04-04 19:47:26 »
Makou Reactor calls them "Gateways". Maybe that's the official term for it, I don't know.

Anyway, Tools->Walkmesh... (or Ctrl+W) while in the scene you want to edit. Then the tab "Gateways" will allow you to define up to 12 exit lines per scene.
The Field ID will determine what scene it exits to and the Destination point will be where the party leader appears once the new scene is loaded.

chimobayo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-04-04 21:07:08 »
Thanks a lot!!!!!

I am going to try it.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: 2013-04-06 02:58:09 »
Pay attention to the spawn coordinates. and it's often but not always a bad idea to make a gateway only one-way if it's a standard gateway and not a scripted map jump.

chimobayo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-04-10 16:23:31 »
It worked. The coordinates and the destination point are very important.

Now i am trying too to change the backgrounds in the FF7 2012 PC version, because i want to replace them with HD backgrounds, but  the palmer script didn´t work for me.

Even i don´t know if is there another way or another program to change the backgrounds. I tried with the Makou Reactor but i think it is not possible with this program.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-10 16:33:49 by chimobayo »