Author Topic: Really want to buy FF7 with fully mods  (Read 16022 times)

saftle

• View Profile
Re: Really want to buy FF7 with fully mods
« Reply #25 on: 2013-07-01 18:25:37 »
I think I know the issue that you are having with your graphics card. I had an issue that seriously isn't documented anywhere, but it works.

After installing and modding the installation, try and launch "FF7Config.exe" from your FF7 installation folder.

If it doesn't open, then you most likely have the same issue that I had.

1. If you have an NVidia card go to the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager" (It may be different directory on your system).
2. Rename the file "Nvd3d9wrap.dll" to something else.
3. Afterwards re-run the FF7Config.exe. If it works, set your display device, sound device, etc.
4. After closing FF7Config, rename "Nvd3d9wrap.dll" back to the original filename.

Then it should work. I hope this helps.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2013-07-01 18:34:52 »
That finally fixed my FF7Config that had been broke for years. How in the actual fuck did you find that out?

saftle

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013-07-01 21:12:59 »
That finally fixed my FF7Config that had been broke for years. How in the actual f*ck did you find that out?

I'm glad that helped.

Any application that crashes leaves an error log entry in the windows logs. (Right Click Computer -> Manage -> System Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application)
It will say which DLL failed.

After countless hours of searching that DLL, I came across a forum discussing how to fix L.A. Noire and how Nvidia has yet to fix this issue.
People were either renaming the file temporarily, or downloading an older version.

Since FF7Config.exe only needs to run one time, I figured renaming it was the best solution :).

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013-07-01 21:53:07 »
Good looks.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013-07-01 21:58:20 »
There should be a 'fixes' page containing all fixes and stuff when people come across certain problems and use those fixes instead of all over the forum...iunno xD

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013-07-01 22:29:23 »
There's a section for solved problems already.

scar233

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2013-07-06 10:29:50 »
That is just terrible the internet is so filtered there... I will put together a CD for you if you cannot get Tifa's Bootleg downloaded. As long as you are able eventually to get it downloaded, we can get it to work if you don't get mad and start yelling lol

Hi, I am back, I have finished download bootleg 040 and installed by following the instructions

but bad luck, when I click "play FF7" button, it shows some windows and flash for times, and then go back to the desktop......really get mad of this situation

scar233

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013-07-06 10:30:58 »
I think I know the issue that you are having with your graphics card. I had an issue that seriously isn't documented anywhere, but it works.

After installing and modding the installation, try and launch "FF7Config.exe" from your FF7 installation folder.

1. If you have an NVidia card go to the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager" (It may be different directory on your system).
3. Afterwards re-run the FF7Config.exe. If it works, set your display device, sound device, etc.
4. After closing FF7Config, rename "Nvd3d9wrap.dll" back to the original filename.

Thank you, friend

I have tried you method, but unfortunately, I can not find the file Nv3d9wrap.dll, 

scar233

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2013-07-06 10:56:47 »

I just tried safe setting in OpenGL configuration, this time, it is even worse,

the computer says: OpenGL renderer appears to be the Microsoft software renderer. Your graphics driver are probably not installed correctly. Expect extreme lag.

PS: could you pls also advise me how to add attachment. thank you

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2013-07-06 16:04:08 »
It looks like you don't have the proper drivers installed for your card.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: 2013-07-06 16:28:35 »
I just tried safe setting in OpenGL configuration, this time, it is even worse,

the computer says: OpenGL renderer appears to be the Microsoft software renderer. Your graphics driver are probably not installed correctly. Expect extreme lag.

PS: could you pls also advise me how to add attachment. thank you

Use HDR or Default setting or manually set your shader in the Plugins tab. Don't use any of the Complex shaders.

Hi, I am back, I have finished download bootleg 040 and installed by following the instructions

but bad luck, when I click "play FF7" button, it shows some windows and flash for times, and then go back to the desktop......really get mad of this situation

Open FF7Config.exe and go to the Sound tab. If the sound device is blank, then set one.

scar233

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2013-07-07 04:05:42 »
Use HDR or Default setting or manually set your shader in the Plugins tab. Don't use any of the Complex shaders.

Open FF7Config.exe and go to the Sound tab. If the sound device is blank, then set one.

Thank you, I use another computer and installed, it works this time .

Now a new problem come out, I have Cloud mod and LGP tools, in cloud mod, there are 3 folders: 1.battle(a folder named:"final battle" inside)   2. field chibi 3. high res field

could you pls tell me how to patch the mod in very details? thank you in advance!