Author Topic: Final fantasy X - Punishment mod (ps2)  (Read 10982 times)

stavstav

• View Profile
Final fantasy X - Punishment mod (ps2)
« on: 2017-08-30 05:26:30 »
The mod was hosted on insanedifficulty.com, which seems to be down, permanently  :-[ ... that really sucks big time...

I just learned through google there was a Final fantasy X International Punishment Mod, it was at version 1.5, well if some awesome person has this and could upload it on here that would be awesome because I would love to try it.  The file name is FFXintPv1.5.7z

I am using International Japanese Voice, I hope it will work for that

I have the Final Fantasy X (USA)(non-international) punishment mod v1.7 and I will upload it to this thread soon.  I'd use that, but I can't stand the english voices in the game.

Thanks

SparklingFire

• View Profile
« Last Edit: 2019-03-30 03:13:13 by SparklingFire »

Rikku

• View Profile
Re: Final fantasy X - Punishment mod (ps2)
« Reply #2 on: 2017-11-26 11:08:51 »
Is this the final version of the Mod? I mean, Is the mod project dead ?

SparklingFire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-11-27 08:29:19 »
Yes, final version. By the way, a lot of the people who were on insanedifficulty have moved on to this site : http://ngplus.net/
« Last Edit: 2017-11-27 08:31:09 by SparklingFire »

Robgatti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-08-25 19:48:29 »
I didnt want to necro bump, but I didnt feel this warranted a new topic. Does anyone know if there is anyway to tell if the Mod successfully patched?

Is there anything in game I can reference to see if the patch worked, IE stats or grid stuff?

SparklingFire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-08-28 03:57:47 »
Yes, if you're playing with the Expert Sphere Grid, open the sphere grid menu, switch to Rikku and go to this node. If the patch was successfully applied, it will say : "Raises Magic by 2 points". If it failed it will say 3 points.

This patch doesn't make any change to the Standard Sphere Grid so if that's what you're using I can't help you.

Also here is the translation for the questions in japanese at the start of the game to make sure you select the sphere grid you want :

1) Which Sphere Grid would you like to use?

a) Standard Sphere Grid
   b) Expert/International Sphere Grid

2) Are you sure?

a) Yes
   b) No

3) Select the primary language for subtitles and menu options

a) Japanese
   b) English
« Last Edit: 2020-08-28 17:36:14 by SparklingFire »

Robgatti

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-08-28 20:39:51 »
Thank you! Ill be playing with the Expert Grid.

Ive waited FOREVER for a FFXHD Difficulty mod, then I remembered Landon Ray's Punishment Mod and that it was on the INT version of FFX with the Dark Aeons and Penance. Dont mind going from HD to SD for a replay of a great game. Thank you again and I'm sorry I necro bumped, I looked ALL over for active threads inregards to Punishment and this was the most current thread I could find on the net.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-28 20:44:42 by Robgatti »

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2020-09-20 17:46:49 »
Thank you! Ill be playing with the Expert Grid.

Ive waited FOREVER for a FFXHD Difficulty mod, then I remembered Landon Ray's Punishment Mod and that it was on the INT version of FFX with the Dark Aeons and Penance. Dont mind going from HD to SD for a replay of a great game. Thank you again and I'm sorry I necro bumped, I looked ALL over for active threads inregards to Punishment and this was the most current thread I could find on the net.

If you're using the last version of INT, might I recommend this
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PZVbcCLk2o4iZNIsssRX0GC48-v1wgGA/view?usp=sharing

LR made some really awful changes to  some late game bosses. If you care about spoilers, I'll spoil it
Spoiler: show
Seymour Flux, both Keeper bosses and Yunalesca absorb all elements. Spectral and Sanctuary Keeper halve physical attacks. Combined with their huge HP, the fights are insufferably boring and long. This doesn't appear to be the case in the earlier versions of the mod, he caddes these changes later because he hates the world or something.