Final Fantasy 7 > FF7 Tools

[PSX/PC] Materia Equip-Effects Editor - MateriaKeeper (1.2)

(1/5) > >>

Sega Chief:
This is a tool written in C# for modifying the stat bonuses/penalties given by Materia. It can modify an ff7.exe, ff7_en.exe, or a ff7.iso/bin/img from the PAL/NTSC regions.

Materia Keeper v1.3

Source: Github Repository

Requires:
-) PC with .NET (most PCs with a modern OS will have this)

Features:
-) Can modify ff7.exe, ff7_en.exe, or a .bin, .img, .iso file
-) Option to revert an opened file's values back to the default
-) Print a hext-edit ready .txt document listing all offsets + hex values (PC & PSX)

Potential Issues
-) The file validation is fairly basic; avoid using this tool on files it wasn't designed to be used on.

I put this together as a coding project to get more familiar with making tools and moving onto more complex projects (plus it helps with my programming). Any feedback on how the tool functions and the code itself would be welcome; I stuck with a method I was familiar with from college but there's likely better ways to go about it. I definitely need some pointers on file verification because the way the tool currently checks for a valid file isn't strong enough (especially for PSX files).

Thanks to RedXIV & DLPB on the Discord for testing the tool out and providing feedback.

Chrysalis:
Just tried this out as seems an awesome idea.

I have no stats outside of -127 to 128 range, they not even outside of suggested range so only 2 digits.

But I get a prompt saying this when trying to create txt file for patch.

"Error: Please check values entered are between -127 > 128"

Screenshot below of values

--edit--

I get the same error if I load it up and press txt whilst its on default values as well.

markul:
GuardScorpion project xD
It looks nice.The best its that it works in psx version :O
Nice work and thanks to share the project .

Chrysalis:
After I rebooted PC I tried it again and the range error vanished.

Functionally after that is done it looks good, the only issue I see left is that if the txt file is already created and you hit txt again, it will ask if you want to overwrite but wont actually, I get a box saying test -> delete.  But if I manually delete the old file it makes a new one ok. 

My request is if a file can also be generated using hext addresses not hex edit, so memory based addresses instead of exe.

I can supply the starting addresses for each 16 byte's.

So instead of

--- Code: ---4FD8C8
4FD8D8
4FD8E8
4FD8F8
4FD908
4FD918
4FD928
4FD938
4FD948
4FD958
4FD968
4FD978
4FD988
4FD998
4FD9A8
4FD9B8
4FD9C8
4FD9D8
4FD9E8
4FD9F8
--- End code ---

For the hext patch file use these addresses (same order)

--- Code: ---8FEEC8
8FEED8
8FEEE8
8FEEF8
8FEF08
8FEF18
8FEF28
8FEF38
8FEF48
8FEF58
8FEF68
8FEF78
8FEF88
8FEF98
8FEFA8
8FEFB8
8FEFC8
8FEFD8
8FEFE8
8FEFF8
--- End code ---

Sega Chief:

--- Quote from: Chrysalis on 2019-07-21 01:33:42 ---After I rebooted PC I tried it again and the range error vanished.

Functionally after that is done it looks good, the only issue I see left is that if the txt file is already created and you hit txt again, it will ask if you want to overwrite but wont actually, I get a box saying test -> delete.  But if I manually delete the old file it makes a new one ok. 

--- End quote ---

I updated the tool slightly just now; it can now overwrite old hext files that have been generated in its root folder, corrected a few typos, and added a new button to generate a 7h ready (or HextLaunch ready) .txt file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version