Author Topic: The future of Final Fantasy?  (Read 3928 times)

EvanJordan

• View Profile
The future of Final Fantasy?
« on: 2020-02-07 18:00:53 »
Do you think the future of Final Fantasy will be remaking the most popular in the series if Final Fantasy VII sells well? I couldn't complain about a a reboot of Final Fantasy 6 and Final Fantasy 9 or would you want a Final Fantasy 16? I couldn't complain about that as well if the series went back to its roots like the way Bravely Default 2 and Octopath Traveler look.

ihavetubes

• View Profile
Re: The future of Final Fantasy?
« Reply #1 on: 2020-02-08 17:30:12 »
There running out of ideas same as Capcom so they have to remake games to make money.

Rold1940

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-02-09 14:43:20 »
True. I don't think there will be a foreseeable future for FF. Remaking it won't cut it, i guess.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-02-09 17:11:41 »
To be fair, at least CAPCOM has been producing pretty stellar content with their remakes/reboots. And while the FFVII remake looks visually stunning, I fear the design philosophy of Square Enix differs from a company like CAPCOM. The Resident Evil 2 remake for instance was fun to play and built from the ground up to be a return to roots and full game.

The guard scorpion by contrast in the Final Fantasy VII Remake demo footage looks like a needlessly long fight when you compare it to the original game. However, that could just be me, as I am not a big fan of Monster Hunter (ironic I know, since I'm praising Capcom XD) style games where the enemies are bullet sponges in terms of their health pools. It just seems they are trying too hard to please too many audiences. We will have to wait and see. I am sure Square Enix will follow the money though.

I hope Square Enix gets that wake up call they need. We'll have to wait and see with their remake of VII.

avensis18

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-02-10 13:15:08 »
I don't think too there will be a foreseeable future for FF

Mini Militia App Lock
« Last Edit: 2022-02-17 12:17:49 by avensis18 »

Gensoul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-02-10 19:27:41 »
Honestly, they still make good money off of new FF games. I'm sure they have 16 in development right now. The remakes are all outsourced anyway, not worked on by the main team. I just hope they aren't planning on making another MMO.

EDIT: Well... except I forgot 7 Remake is being worked on by the main team. Doesn't mean they don't have another team working on 16 though.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-10 19:30:14 by Gensoul »

kassius

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-02-22 08:57:45 »
Wouldn't mind seeing another tactics.  Hopefully recent fire emblem craze has warmed them to the idea.

Mabinog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2020-02-25 03:24:25 »
I wouldn't mind a PC port of Tactics so I could actually play the game on modern hardware. Hopefully one that doesn't suck, but with SE you never know.  :wink:

IFireflyl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2020-02-25 05:03:53 »
I wouldn't mind a PC port of Tactics so I could actually play the game on modern hardware. Hopefully one that doesn't suck, but with SE you never know.  :wink:

This is all that I want. I haven't been captivated by Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy X. Give me a Final Fantasy Tactics port and close up shop.