Author Topic: Qhimm Compilations Missing!  (Read 1512 times)

RioRegulus

• View Profile
Qhimm Compilations Missing!
« on: 2021-12-30 16:49:50 »
Hey guys, I've run into repeated startup errors with modding using this tool recently. I had everything working via the Qhimm packs, but Cloud's hair on Team Avalanche's texture continually twitched due to blink.
I assumed that reinstalling the mod might help, so I removed it, only to travel over to the 7th Haven Catalogue and see the only currently available Qhimm pack is the Tweaks and Cheats pack.
What's interesting is that previously this pack hadn't even shown up for me.

I attempted to find a copy of the Qhimm Field Models pack for redownload, and got the one from the 7th Haven download page, but now when I select that mod nothing happens at all aside from an immediate startup crash, even if that's the only mod enabled.
I can live with what I currently have modded in, which are the beautiful Ninostyle field models, however I'm really missing the Team Avalanche edit of Bloodshot Cloud, and was wondering if

1. There's a way to get Qhimm Field Models pack back, in a stable build.
2. If there's a way to stop Cloud's hair from flickering every time he blinks on that reskin.
3. What happened to all the Qhimm packs.

Thank you!

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Qhimm Compilations Missing!
« Reply #1 on: 2021-12-31 08:33:02 »
Hi, we updated the catalog, the contents of the qhimm packs are mostly still there but now listed as separate mods.

For now the qhimm packs can still be downloaded manually from https://7thheaven.rocks/ at the bottom of the page, but are older than what is in the current catalog.

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #2 on: 2022-01-19 23:35:04 »
Hi, we updated the catalog, the contents of the qhimm packs are mostly still there but now listed as separate mods.

For now the qhimm packs can still be downloaded manually from https://7thheaven.rocks/ at the bottom of the page, but are older than what is in the current catalog.

I really appreciate the efforts of separating the mods and have them in smaller chunks for easier download. However I do suggest that for the mean time at least 2 mods from catalog 3 be still featured on catalog 4 and tag them as [Legacy] perhaps?
These are the Field Models and Battle Models . Both mods are less 300mb size wise and is very easy for new comers to use and is a testament of what the community has contributed/achieved over the years.

currently there is no alternative / Option beyond nino or kaladarasha(chaos) for battle models in catalog 4 as well as all weapon choices made by philman , slayernext, mike etc are gone. when it comes to field models , i have not found an alternative for the entire Object mods[huge materia,materia, potions , save point] in catalog 4. also the best option for NPCs for field is the one released on nexus and not necessarily found in catalog 4.

for the familiar/long time users perhaps its an easier process things but for new comers or those who had to reinstall its either you are overwhelmed by the options or you are like "im sure it is somewhere but i dont know who the main author of the mod is or the name of the mod" . but yeah just my suggestion. 

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2022-01-20 19:31:34 »
I really appreciate the efforts of separating the mods and have them in smaller chunks for easier download. However I do suggest that for the mean time at least 2 mods from catalog 3 be still featured on catalog 4 and tag them as [Legacy] perhaps?
These are the Field Models and Battle Models . Both mods are less 300mb size wise and is very easy for new comers to use and is a testament of what the community has contributed/achieved over the years.

currently there is no alternative / Option beyond nino or kaladarasha(chaos) for battle models in catalog 4 as well as all weapon choices made by philman , slayernext, mike etc are gone. when it comes to field models , i have not found an alternative for the entire Object mods[huge materia,materia, potions , save point] in catalog 4. also the best option for NPCs for field is the one released on nexus and not necessarily found in catalog 4.

for the familiar/long time users perhaps its an easier process things but for new comers or those who had to reinstall its either you are overwhelmed by the options or you are like "im sure it is somewhere but i dont know who the main author of the mod is or the name of the mod" . but yeah just my suggestion.

Thank you for your comment, there was other reasons for the separation aside from size but yes not all content is in the new catalog, we can work on adding some of the missing content back in the new catalog.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2022-01-21 20:41:15 »

We are still updating it as well. Some stuff (like 90% of the dynamic weapons stuff) has been taken off -for now.- It's super complicated to separate effectively, but we are working on it along with some other things. Though that does not include objects as you have stated which I will look into adding asap! There are definitely some others that I will look into as well!

Edit: Looking into it I think I remember why it wasn't added yet. Was debating whether to make each thing separate or bend our ruling a bit and have them as a grouped mod since they were small one offs. Will probably lean into your suggestion and have it as a grouped mod since it'd be easier overall for us and the user.
« Last Edit: 2022-01-21 20:45:09 by strife98 »

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #5 on: 2022-01-22 12:02:42 »
thank you im trying to help out myself and actually dmed chrysalis on discord. as one of the modders of ff6, i revisited the ff7 and was playing around to see what i can do to help. thank you for taking into consideration of my suggestion.
« Last Edit: 2022-01-22 12:04:20 by faospark »