Author Topic: WHERE ARE ALL THESE NEWBIES COMIN FROM O.o  (Read 3652 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
WHERE ARE ALL THESE NEWBIES COMIN FROM O.o
« on: 2010-06-02 12:09:34 »
i know its been said before, but seriousely, where the hell are all these newbies coming from that don't know how to follow basic instructions (and why the heck do alot of there usernames sound similar)

its becoming a pain to keep answering them with "use the search button"

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Re: WHERE ARE ALL THESE NEWBIES COMIN FROM O.o
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-02 13:35:14 »
Well when the forums started was in between FF7's release and the announcement of Advent Children right? Ever since the compilation FF7 has become wider known. Especially to the younger generation crowd who I'll admit, the intelligence level makes me fear for my retirement. Especially the one's who are foreign to english so it is harder to instruct them.  Makes me see how smart I am, though my problems are my laziness. So anyways, compilation=more people knowing about ff7= more people buying/downloading ff7 = more people looking for information on ff7= eventually coming across this site.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-02 13:49:10 »
i think they mostly come from noobville.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-02 14:14:45 »
I think there should be stickied thread with a title "USE SEARCH BUTTON". Well even if it is stickied I doubt no one will read it..

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-02 19:13:55 »
a few forums i've been on allow you to start an account, but you cannot post for 72 hours. Kinda forces people to search for the information they may be looking for, and it definitly cuts down on the repeat troubleshooting threads. However, every now and then it causes someone who can contribute to wait, but if they really want to participate in these forums, i think they will anyway.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-02 23:26:59 »
a few forums i've been on allow you to start an account, but you cannot post for 72 hours. Kinda forces people to search for the information they may be looking for, and it definitly cuts down on the repeat troubleshooting threads. However, every now and then it causes someone who can contribute to wait, but if they really want to participate in these forums, i think they will anyway.
Would you mind sharing some of these forums you are with that are kind of related with ff7?? :D

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-03 03:20:14 »
i know its been said before, but seriousely, where the hell are all these newbies coming from that don't know how to follow basic instructions (and why the heck do alot of there usernames sound similar)

its becoming a pain to keep answering them with "use the search button"

First come first serve. Anyone can click it.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-03 03:23:16 »
Would you mind sharing some of these forums you are with that are kind of related with ff7?? :D

most are really technical computer hardware forums. And i joined them to ask a question, and ended up finding my answer before i could even post. Like i said, it is annoying for n00bs but it keeps the boards very clean. If someone truly wants to contribute, they won't mid waiting. And there is plenty to read about on qhimm if your a first timer who is genuinely interested.

what happened to the post asking for some new moderators???

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-06-03 03:30:11 »
Check a few threads down.  :roll: