Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2435988 times)

Tai_Sharingan

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #800 on: 2013-05-27 21:07:19 »
how do I change the language of the game?

KingPizza

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: 2013-05-28 20:22:41 »
I've made an account in these forums just to find a solution to this problem.

I'm running a modern PC with W8 (if you still need more info I can provide that). I have the 2012 version of FF7. It plays fine, that's not the issue. I followed this guide to a T, and since none of the mod links work for me I just downloaded that torrent with ALL of them, and I still can't get Bootleg to recognize the mods. All necessary links are red.

The torrent provides zip files for all the mods. for example: I make sure bootleg needs the Aeris 2012 mod, I unzip and extract the mod into the folder that has bootleg. I made sure the install paths were all correct, with destination pointed to e:\games\FF7 (my files are on my e drive) and mod source at e:\games\FF7mods. The program still has red links. I can post screenshots or try and explain the issue further, but I have to go to work, so i'll be back later.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: 2013-05-28 21:51:50 »
Don't unzip. Keep the mods as archives and put them in the folder. Problem solved.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #803 on: 2013-05-28 22:35:33 »
Will someone post a picture of Millenia's Cloud Ultima Weapon in game? All the other models show up properly but I can't tell a difference with the Ultima Weapon. Not sure if I'm crazy.

Update: Found some images online and I htink all models installed except for Ultima. Not sure why? Any advice? Would re-running the cloudswordinstall eff up my game?
« Last Edit: 2013-05-28 23:02:54 by cjmstate »

KingPizza

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: 2013-05-29 05:47:50 »
Don't unzip. Keep the mods as archives and put them in the folder. Problem solved.

:o Thank you very much, worked like a charm. You just saved me LOTS more headache.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 2013-05-29 13:19:43 »
Will someone post a picture of Millenia's Cloud Ultima Weapon in game? All the other models show up properly but I can't tell a difference with the Ultima Weapon. Not sure if I'm crazy.

Update: Found some images online and I htink all models installed except for Ultima. Not sure why? Any advice? Would re-running the cloudswordinstall eff up my game?
You can install the millenia installer on top after Bootleg if you widh but if you preselected separate weapons within Bootleg once you run that installer all weapons including the ultima will change to Millenia's one only, i personally prefer Mike's ultima the best :)

intolko

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: 2013-05-29 17:14:04 »
Hi, first of all thanks for dedicate so much hours of your time to improve this wonderful game, and second please forgive my english.....

When i run "BFE.exe" an then click the "Mod Listing" button, the program displays a window with all the supported mods(it is like a cmd window) and there it shows the mods you have on your HDD and the ones you don´t.
My question is how can i extract the information of that window in order to have it in a .txt or .doc format?

I hope to be clear enough and please correct all my mistakes when writting.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 2013-05-29 18:36:46 »
You could just download the torrent with all the mods so you don't have to worry you forgot any and you can pick different ones later.

darthcaius

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: 2013-05-29 19:56:41 »
I thought the bootleg already converted it during that process. I'll give that a look with my UAC off. Thanks.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #809 on: 2013-05-29 20:07:51 »
Hi, first of all thanks for dedicate so much hours of your time to improve this wonderful game, and second please forgive my english.....

When i run "BFE.exe" an then click the "Mod Listing" button, the program displays a window with all the supported mods(it is like a cmd window) and there it shows the mods you have on your HDD and the ones you don´t.
My question is how can i extract the information of that window in order to have it in a .txt or .doc format?

I hope to be clear enough and please correct all my mistakes when writting.

You can't extract the information. Why do you need to do this?

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: 2013-05-29 20:11:50 »
After Bootleg runs, all of the information is stored in the BFI.ini file.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 2013-05-30 00:57:13 »
I think he meant so he knows what mods to download or something, I don't know. Bootleg tells you what ones you need anyway. . .

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #812 on: 2013-05-30 03:06:42 »
Hey I have to rebuild my computer after a power outage. I'm recovering data so it's ok other than an annoyance. I'm planning to upgrade to a solid state drive for the OS and use two drives with a raid1 for data. Can I install and run everything on a different drive or does bootleg really need to be in the C drive?

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 2013-05-30 04:20:28 »
:o  :-\  :cry:  >:( Man, you can... but I like my ff7 on my SSD. Maybe it's placebo effect but I swear mine runs smoother on solid state. Jeez I'm sorry that happened. Doesn't it always seem like that kinda thing happens when you most don't want to be separated from your system?What happened? Power flickered or there was a surge and it wasn't on a protector?

If it makes you feel any better at all, I once had a DVD Burner literally detonate a writable disc out in the form of about two hundred pieces of... whatever they make those out of. Scared me half to death.   :-X

I know that doesn't make you feel better.  :oops:
« Last Edit: 2013-05-30 04:27:01 by Template »

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 2013-05-30 09:28:55 »
I need Shinra - Bloody Floors save files after Aeris Rescue (opened all floors). I found save on the web but it's for ps and I dont want to start from the beginning or you can tell me how do I opening floor 67 (I can't back 65. floor I tried but it's give me same fault again and again. The last midgarbox don't place anyway. It's crazy me.

it is solved with black chocobo.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-30 10:42:19 by irienaoki »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #815 on: 2013-05-30 15:13:07 »
Wow, yeah glad to say I never had a disk drive detonate a cd on me. Thanks. It's the weirdest thing, I was uploading the fmv release and the electricity cut out for about five minutes. I didn't think much of it since computers get turned off all the time like that sometimes, and I do have a surge protector. Damn thing never booted to windows again. Setup recovery didn't work and system restore from previous point didn't either. Had to boot from a Backtrack 5 live cd and slowly drag everything I need onto an external hard drive over usb 2.0, took forever. I'm upgrading drives today so I wanted to be sure bootleg works outside of the C drive. I'm getting WD Caviar Black drives so I'm not too worried about performance, so a 120 or 250gb ssd should cover the OS just fine.

darthcaius

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 2013-05-30 19:13:48 »
:( I'm almost at my wit's end here. I have tried using the converter to turn my 2012 copy into the 1998 version via both of Kranmer's (.2 and .3) converters to no avail. In the OP of this topic it says that bootleg 040 converts the game automatically, but according to some it doesn't. Has the first post been updated in a while? I've done everything there step by step numerous times to no avail. I'm no newcomer to modding games and have not had this much trouble before. So I guess let me ask it plainly: Do I need to convert the game on my own using Kranmer's (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13429.0) or Kompass's (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14047.msg196959#msg196959) or does bootleg 040 do it for me? I'm going to go ahead and run bootleg on my supposedly converted copy of the game and see if that works, but I've had to sift through too much information that isn't in the OP to get where I'm at already :/ which suggests to me that it might need to be updated.

EDIT: It still does not work.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 2013-05-30 19:21:06 »
It does indeed convert the game automatically.

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 2013-05-30 20:10:03 »
darthcaius no need convert. just download the link and place daemon tools. and open bootlader click configure go to data drive and choice for appropriate data drive (c,d,e,f,g,h for ex my data drive is H) and click auto mount then play.

http://yadi.sk/d/4b0Wj7Mm5BhdJ 

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 2013-05-31 01:05:02 »
Hi darthcaius

Do you have UAC turned off?
Have you turned off anti-virus?
How much free space is on your hard drive c: ?

It seems as if one of your files is broken (eg data\menu\menu_us.lgp)...

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 2013-05-31 01:12:54 »
The reason he is crashing on start up is this...

INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon X1250 2.0.6747 Release

ATI Radeon Xpress X1250 = 128MB vRAM

Other System Requirements:
A dedicated GPU with at least 512MB of RAM. Integrated Graphics will NOT work.

I'm sorry, but your GPU isn't strong enough to run these mods  :(

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 2013-05-31 01:55:55 »
Other System Requirements:
A dedicated GPU with at least 512MB of RAM. Integrated Graphics will NOT work.

Where did you get 512MB VRAM?
Much is from 2D images which do not need a lot of memory (1280 x 960 x 32bpp eg 5MB).
The characters need something more, but so much?
Or I'm somewhere a mistake in the calculation?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: 2013-05-31 02:29:07 »
512 does seem a bit much, you could probably play morrowind with half a gig.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 2013-05-31 02:54:18 »
Where did you get 512MB VRAM?
Much is from 2D images which do not need a lot of memory (1280 x 960 x 32bpp eg 5MB).
The characters need something more, but so much?
Or I'm somewhere a mistake in the calculation?

Following what PitBrat says.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 2013-05-31 21:13:20 »
I fight vs an uncredible type of problem since 2 days, many fresh-reinstalls of ff7 and bootleg, who always ran perfectly before, re-installed fresh latest radeon drivers( I run on a hd6970 ), nothin' to do :

When I launch ff7, when I press the action button( equivalent to OK, or the circle on ps1 pad ), I can see this fantastic screen, blocking the game( half diagonal band black / red ) :

It's not possible to come at the principal menu, nor loading the game.
Someone had this issue yet ?

Edit : No crash in app.log, clean file. But game blocked with this screen
« Last Edit: 2013-05-31 23:15:00 by ManuBBXX »