Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2435972 times)

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1075 on: 2013-07-11 06:20:39 »
I went to config.exe and chose custom driver as I didn't do that before. A window appear telling me "Self test passed! You are now ready to use the custom driver. See ff7_opengl.cfg for configuration." When I try to launch the game I still have the same issue. However there is no more new entry in my APP.
and before...
I have done the solution for DLL problem, but now Windows journal gives me this problem : "A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (FF7.exe)"
I am running a dual screen with extended desktop but I already tried to deactivate the second screen and I still go the same error.
I look back your situation more clearly now. Maybe this is an issue with your dual desktop manager program? ff7.exe is trying to close it, or something. You disable second screen you say, but can you close the program that controls it?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 06:22:48 by Template »

Athmet

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: 2013-07-11 06:27:13 »
and before... I look back your situation more clearly now. Maybe this is an issue with your dual desktop manager program? ff7.exe is trying to close it, or something. You disable second screen you say, but can you close the program that controls it?

Not sure what that program would be. To deactivate the multi screen, I simply goes in the "screen resolution" of windows and just say that I want my desktop on my first screen.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: 2013-07-11 06:30:55 »

It is in french as I am french. However the game is installed english speaking.
Are you sure that you have the English version of Steam?
Please refer to in your game folder, if there a "ff7_en.exe" is splashing.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: 2013-07-11 06:40:06 »
Yah I thought it was weird your app.log was in French... some PMs back and forth and he's using an older video driver, also. Could be couple things going on. Usually a good idea to follow Kompass' logic, though.

Athmet

• View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: 2013-07-11 06:42:15 »

Hello, going to work now but I checked again and I have this "ff7_en.exe" and steam is in english.

I will get around this 13.5 later this evening and post here how it worked. thanks again for your time all.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: 2013-07-11 06:56:50 »
Where is the app.log?
If you mean that, that's not the app.log
This is something like an event log.

xjunsu

• View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: 2013-07-11 07:30:23 »
Yeah, I realize this is inconvenient for some people because they may have lots of Steam games already installed. Be my test dummy and try installing as normal, then copying the FINAL FANTASY VII folder into D:\Games\. Make sure Bootleg is pointing to that folder for the game directory before you run it.

You will always need to use FF7Bootloader to run with Bootleg mods. It will install a desktop shortcut for it, so run from that.

Ok so since I dont have a disk large enough to copy the whole FF7 folder, I just moved my steam folder to C:\Games. I just needed to delete everything besides steam.exe and SteamApps (which contains all my installed games) and ran steam.exe which automatically re-downloads and updates all the necessaries files for steam to run in the new location while my games are still intact (C:\Games\Steam). As for Bootloader, I changed my data drive to C:\ and was able to run FF7 (thank god).

-edit-

Another thing, where exactly does the modded FF7 hold its save file? I cant seem to find the save file location.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 08:26:53 by xjunsu »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: 2013-07-11 07:43:29 »
Another thing, where exactly does the modded FF7 hold its save file? I cant seem to find the save file location.

[Gamefolder]\save   :)

drumblanket

• View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: 2013-07-11 08:26:49 »
OK so I uninstalled the game completely , used the registry key editor I was suggested, I deleted the mods and started from scratch with the torrent,  I set my bootleg the way I wanted it and I STILL get the config error   =88839362&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://s615.photobucket.com/user/Drumblanket/media/confignotworking.png.html?filters[user]=88839362&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0. This is really starting to get under my skin.   Why wont this work for me?   
Same error in the error log as before  Faulting application name: FF7Config.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x35fd9b33.     If there is no .DLL error how am I supposed to solve this?

I'm to a point with this where I'm just willing to give you remote access to my computer and watch how you install the mods.  Seriously,  Ive done everything I was supposed to do and I just cant get it to work for me.

Ok ... On further investigation I found this in the error log.   
Faulting application name: FF7Config.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x35fd9b33
Faulting module name: nvd3d9wrap.dll, version: 8.17.13.2049, time stamp: 0x51c40f61
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00003554
Faulting process id: 0x1594
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce7e1499ec57d7
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7Config.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\CoProcManager\nvd3d9wrap.dll
Report Id: d7b5c99c-ea07-11e2-a742-848f69f580d7

So that info should be helpful to you.   I see the .dll but im not sure exactly what to do to solve it though ive read the forums. 
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 09:08:12 by drumblanket »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: 2013-07-11 09:03:22 »
OK so I uninstalled the game completely , used the registry key editor I was suggested, I deleted the mods and started from scratch with the torrent,  I set my bootleg the way I wanted it and I STILL get the config error   =88839362&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://s615.photobucket.com/user/Drumblanket/media/confignotworking.png.html?filters[user]=88839362&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0.Same error in the error log as before  Faulting application name: FF7Config.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x35fd9b33.     If there is no .DLL error how am I supposed to solve this?

Something about it's trying to use your CPU's onboard video chip? Maybe set a profile for config.exe in your driver software? It's a tough one, for sure. Don't worry! You'll feel better when you get this solved ;)

Or maybe this:
I think I know the issue that you are having with your graphics card. I had an issue that seriously isn't documented anywhere, but it works.

After installing and modding the installation, try and launch "FF7Config.exe" from your FF7 installation folder.

If it doesn't open, then you most likely have the same issue that I had.

1. If you have an NVidia card go to the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager" (It may be different directory on your system).
2. Rename the file "Nvd3d9wrap.dll" to something else.
3. Afterwards re-run the FF7Config.exe. If it works, set your display device, sound device, etc.
4. After closing FF7Config, rename "Nvd3d9wrap.dll" back to the original filename.

Then it should work. I hope this helps.

Edit: Did you rename it back?
Edit2: Before passing out for the night I can only suggest perhaps it didn't get spelled right when you changed it back? Other games working fine?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 09:35:34 by Template »

drumblanket

• View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: 2013-07-11 09:21:49 »
Something about it's trying to use your CPU's onboard video chip? Maybe set a profile for config.exe in your driver software? It's a tough one, for sure. Don't worry! You'll feel better when you get this solved ;)

Or maybe this:

Ok... your suggestion of renaming did in fact get the config to launch. YAY!!!!   However, When I launched the game it crashed right away .....  I went to the nvidia control panel and set a value for ff7.exe but that did not help.  I also had tried the config.exe before renaming the nvidia dll.  After getting the bootlegger to launch I renamed it back from horsesh*t.dll to the correct name it originally had and it still launches but when it launches ff7 I get this error.

screenshot   http://s615.photobucket.com/user/Drumblanket/media/ff7hasstopped.png.html
 Thank you for helping.... I feel we are almost there!!!!   
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 09:32:13 by drumblanket »

mslayten

• View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: 2013-07-11 10:18:53 »
Oh... my... god... I recommend the hardcore mod only to those who eat glass and like to get punched in the throat and rolled down flights of stairs regularly.. I lasted maybe three minutes against the guard scorpion and hardly scratched it.

mslayten

• View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: 2013-07-11 10:25:20 »
Look at this

HAH,you rock. that was the problem, I updated from catalyst 13.4 beta to 13.6 without doing a driver clean like I did with my old nvidia card any time i updated. Hadn't had any issues with amd drivers till now. Thank you very much.

drumblanket

• View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: 2013-07-11 10:42:36 »

Or maybe this:
Edit: Did you rename it back?
Edit2: Before passing out for the night I can only suggest perhaps it didn't get spelled right when you changed it back? Other games working fine?
I did rename it back using copy and past to make sure it was 100% correct and that didnt solve the new ff7.exe stopped working crash.   
Dunno whats going on.   

drumblanket

• View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: 2013-07-11 11:22:31 »
 New problem.....
I am able to get the game to launch BUT!  I cannot get the resolution to anything above 680 x 420  . I also cant get the aspect ratio to change.   When it launches, a large part of the screen is is not showing so basically its cut off.... I see ''SONY COMPUTER''  on the bottom right.  In the config I dont have the option for anything other than 680x420 not even the 1280 option shows up.  Im going to try a few things to see if I can at least get the entire screen to fix.   When I installed the mods I installed the options for both 680 and 1280 there wasnt a torrent for a 1080p resolution included in the torrent mod.  Dunno if that has anything to do with it or not.

STILL FIGHTING!  :wink:
 Im just going to have to have one of you people please please PLEASE access my computer remotely and set this up.... Ive tried everything I can think of to get this to work but nothing fixes the issue.   I know Im really close but first off I dont want to play the game in 680x420 p   At very least I would play with 1280.   PREFERABLY 1080p tho....  Everytime it tries to launch in 1080 p it just crashes.  Im sure that has something to do with no 1080 p torrent file in the Tifas package torrent.    I really am completely at a loss for what to do and I beg you to please access my PC remotely so you can at least see whats going on.    Also in my renderer tab in ff7config I saw something that said openGL driver (broken)   
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 11:48:33 by drumblanket »

caveira

• View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: 2013-07-11 16:07:57 »
Hello everybody!

I've modded ff7 following all the steps, then i used a save from the non-modded game, and started playing. Everything went normal, but after a big cut-scene, when Sephiroth faces Cloud inside Jenova's chamber, my game crashed (after playing for like 1,5h.

I really need some help, please...

This is the APP.log:
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 4.0.0 - Build 9.17.10.2875
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1680x1050, output resolution 1400x1050, internal resolution 1920x1440
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 64, vert uniform 1024, frag uniform 1024
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: main program link log:
No errors.

ERROR: failed to stat file C:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/shaders/SmartBloom.post
ERROR: init_postprocessing failed, postprocessing will be disabled
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
No errors.

No errors.

INFO: yuv program link log:
No errors.

set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
INFO: C:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 14.605000, frames: 219
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
UNEXPECTED: zero count
WM_CLOSE
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

Specs:
Code: [Select]
Sansung Laptop
i7-3537U 2Ghz @2,5Ghz
8Gb RAM ddr3
Windows 8 64bits
Intel HD Graphics 4000

Muhahahahaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: 2013-07-11 16:25:47 »
That is the Tifa model from Dissidia, ported and modified pretty poorly for FF7. Her legs are bow-legged because the bones are rotated backwards. This model is floating around the internet somewhere, but it would be against the site rules to provide links or support for it.

Ah, I see. Thank you very much! I will see if I can't find it somewhere. :)

Just one question though. How do I modify the field and/or battle models without running Bootleg? I went poking around in the game folder, and I was able to find the FMVs and various textures that the Bootleg had installed, but I can't seem to find the character models.

(Of course, I know the character models aren't something simple like an image or a movie that my computer would be able to show me by default. So even if I did run across the files, I guess there'd be no way for me to know it without some additional software.)

Yeah, I realize this is inconvenient for some people because they may have lots of Steam games already installed. Be my test dummy and try installing as normal, then copying the FINAL FANTASY VII folder into D:\Games\. Make sure Bootleg is pointing to that folder for the game directory before you run it.

You will always need to use FF7Bootloader to run with Bootleg mods. It will install a desktop shortcut for it, so run from that.

Actually, you don't need to uninstall Steam or move any of your games. When you install FF7, just tell Steam to install it in a different folder. :)
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 16:31:32 by Muhahahahaz »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: 2013-07-11 16:29:11 »
I've modded ff7 following all the steps, then i used a save from the non-modded game, and started playing. Everything went normal, but after a big cut-scene, when Sephiroth faces Cloud inside Jenova's chamber, my game crashed (after playing for like 1,5h.

Think that may have been the memory leak issue. It's a random crash when you run out of memory after been playing a while. Did you make it past that scene yet?

caveira

• View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: 2013-07-11 16:33:00 »
Think that may have been the memory leak issue. It's a random crash when you run out of memory after been playing a while. Did you make it past that scene yet?

Hi! Thank you for answering.

No, i've never get past that screne. It was a screne where there was a fast blinking white background, mixing cloud's and sephiroth's faces.

Do you think of a solution for this case?

Edit: Ive started again, and now i got some blinking green background in some cutscenes. I found out another thing, when i was playing before the first crash, inside the shinra mansion, it was all black, i couldnt see the path to sephiroth but i thought it was normal. So probably im having some trouble with the lights, or something?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 17:18:40 by caveira »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: 2013-07-11 16:37:33 »
New problem.....
I am able to get the game to launch BUT!  I cannot get the resolution to anything above 680 x 420  . I also cant get the aspect ratio to change.   When it launches, a large part of the screen is is not showing so basically its cut off.... I see ''SONY COMPUTER''  on the bottom right.  In the config I dont have the option for anything other than 680x420 not even the 1280 option shows up.  Im going to try a few things to see if I can at least get the entire screen to fix.   When I installed the mods I installed the options for both 680 and 1280 there wasnt a torrent for a 1080p resolution included in the torrent mod.  Dunno if that has anything to do with it or not.

STILL FIGHTING!  :wink:
 Im just going to have to have one of you people please please PLEASE access my computer remotely and set this up.... Ive tried everything I can think of to get this to work but nothing fixes the issue.   I know Im really close but first off I dont want to play the game in 680x420 p   At very least I would play with 1280.   PREFERABLY 1080p tho....  Everytime it tries to launch in 1080 p it just crashes.  Im sure that has something to do with no 1080 p torrent file in the Tifas package torrent.    I really am completely at a loss for what to do and I beg you to please access my PC remotely so you can at least see whats going on.    Also in my renderer tab in ff7config I saw something that said openGL driver (broken)

The renderer tab needs to be on custom driver. Aali had to make a driver because the opengl driver is broken. Your resolution issue has nothing to do with Tifa's torrent. Have you tried changing out your video drivers?
Post your APP.LOG text file.
Edit: APP.log is in the ff7 game directory. Post it in [ code] [ /code] tags if you would.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 16:56:15 by Template »

drumblanket

• View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: 2013-07-11 16:52:57 »
wow.... that didnt help anything other than giving me a bunch of errors i didnt know about.  Where do I find APP.LOG? 
using the custom driver it said ''You have passed the test and can now run the custom driver''  but when i launched the game it looked like i was playing on an apple from 1988.  I lost a lot of quality if you can call what ive already experienced ''quality'' .   Everything like quadruples and the game still registers as 680 x 420.   

ERROR: failed to set fullscreen mode
INFO: Microsoft Corporation GDI Generic 1.1.0
INFO: GDI software renderer detected
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: VBO not supported
INFO: PBO not supported
INFO: Subtractive blending not supported
INFO: No swap_control extension, cannot control framerate
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 1024x1024
INFO: Number of texture units: 1
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 680x420
INFO: No NPOT texture support and output resolution is not a multiple of 320x240, expect missing framebuffer effects
ERROR: no FBO support, cannot render in higher resolution than window size
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 640x420
INFO: No NPOT texture support
ERROR: init_indirect failed, scaling and postprocessing will be disabled
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 640x480
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_d_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_e_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_f_00.png
ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE
INFO: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.466667, frames: 3712
INFO: slow output format from video codec mpeg4; 0
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: texture dimensions exceed max texture size, will not be able to load D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/menu/buster_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/menu/buster_00.png
ERROR: COULD NOT CHANGE TO DIRECTORY D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

That was the APP.LOG file there....  Thank you!
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 19:54:49 by drumblanket »

Muhahahahaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: 2013-07-11 18:36:41 »
You can still get Kranmer's run-always patch without the menu overhaul but I don't think you can get save anywhere and skip movies.

Thanks! I got the Always Run option working, but it looks like I need to press Ctrl+F4 every time I start up the game. :(

Is there any way to change the default to ON? I never had to turn it on when I was using the Menu Overhaul.

Athmet

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: 2013-07-11 18:58:34 »
Hello,

Back from work and kid in bed. I uninstalled ATI driver and Catalyst Control Center and installed the 13.5 one found in another thread.

I launched the game using the loader and the prompt appearing, then blackscreen and it stayed black. Thought I would see Square logo or something but nothing happened. After like 15 seconds, I hit "enter" and few seconds later I was back on my desktop.

I closed and started again the computer and tried again to launch the game but then I am back to my older problem : prompt, then black screen for like 1 sec, then back to desktop.

Here is the APP log :

INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 4.2.12198 Compatibility Profile Context 12.102.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1920x1080, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 16384, frag uniform 16384
WARNING: 0:14: warning(#260) Keyword "precision" is supported in GLSL 1.3
WARNING: 0:19: warning(#62) enable/warn/disable extension is not found. Extension "GL_ARB_framebuffer_object" is not supported

LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file E:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized

I am looking forward to resolve that issue as I would love to play this game again (been since its released on PS that I haven't played it).

Thanks in advance.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: 2013-07-11 19:15:45 »
wow.... that didnt help anything other than giving me a bunch of errors i didnt know about.  Where do I find APP.LOG? 
using the custom driver it said ''You have passed the test and can now run the custom driver''  but when i launched the game it looked like i was playing on an apple from 1988.  I lost a lot of quality if you can call what ive already experienced ''quality'' .   Everything like quadruples and the game still registers as 680 x 420.   
ERROR: failed to set fullscreen mode
INFO: Microsoft Corporation GDI Generic 1.1.0
INFO: GDI software renderer detected
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: VBO not supported
INFO: PBO not supported
INFO: Subtractive blending not supported
INFO: No swap_control extension, cannot control framerate
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 1024x1024
INFO: Number of texture units: 1
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 680x420
INFO: No NPOT texture support and output resolution is not a multiple of 320x240, expect missing framebuffer effects
ERROR: no FBO support, cannot render in higher resolution than window size
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 640x420
INFO: No NPOT texture support
ERROR: init_indirect failed, scaling and postprocessing will be disabled
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 640x480
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_d_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_e_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_f_00.png
INFO: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.466667, frames: 3712
INFO: slow output format from video codec mpeg4; 0
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: texture dimensions exceed max texture size, will not be able to load D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/menu/buster_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/menu/buster_00.png
ERROR: COULD NOT CHANGE TO DIRECTORY D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD
Heya drumblanket, remove the spaces in [ code] and [ /code] to use the tags. Thanks for posting your app.log. I don't know why it's behaving that way. Perhaps someone else with an Nvidia setup can shed some light on this.
I uninstalled ATI driver and Catalyst Control Center and installed the 13.5 one found in another thread.
I launched the game using the loader and the prompt appearing, then blackscreen and it stayed black. Thought I would see Square logo or something but nothing happened. After like 15 seconds, I hit "enter" and few seconds later I was back on my desktop.
I closed and started again the computer and tried again to launch the game but then I am back to my older problem : prompt, then black screen for like 1 sec, then back to desktop.
Turn shaders off in bootloader configuration. Let's see how that goes.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 19:29:49 by Template »

Athmet

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: 2013-07-11 19:20:11 »
Turn shaders off in bootloader configuration. Let's see how that goes.

Done but same problem still. Here is the APP

INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 4.2.12198 Compatibility Profile Context 12.102.3.0
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1920x1080, internal resolution 3840x2160
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file E:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized

In case it can helps : running Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bits / Intel Core i5-3450 CPU @3.10GHz 3.10GHz / 8,00 Go RAM