Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2435918 times)

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1100 on: 2013-07-11 19:25:35 »
Done but same problem still.
Try also in bootloader configuration, under the plugins tab to switch the dropdown box for the movie plugin to safe.

Edit: well, ok try turn shaders and movie plugin back to normal. Turn PBO off. /crosses fingers
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 19:32:56 by Template »

Athmet

• View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: 2013-07-11 19:29:50 »
Try also in bootloader configuration, under the plugins tab to switch the dropdown box for the movie plugin to safe.

Still same problem. At least we are trying and thanks a lot for that. It still gives me hope this can be resolved :)

Here is the APP for this time :
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 4.2.12198 Compatibility Profile Context 12.102.3.0
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1920x1080, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file E:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized

Edit: well, ok try turn shaders and movie plugin back to normal. Turn PBO off. /crosses fingers

Really sorry but still same problem. Here is the new APP

INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 4.2.12198 Compatibility Profile Context 12.102.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1920x1080, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 16384, frag uniform 16384
INFO: fragment shader compile log:
WARNING: 0:14: warning(#260) Keyword "precision" is supported in GLSL 1.3
WARNING: 0:19: warning(#62) enable/warn/disable extension is not found. Extension "GL_ARB_framebuffer_object" is not supported

INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file E:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 19:41:35 by Athmet »

Muhahahahaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: 2013-07-11 19:42:15 »
However, the FF7-style menu is not without its problems either. I did a fresh install, but I'm getting graphical artifacts in the menus, as seen below. How can I fix this? :-o

Ok... New strategy! I tried installing BFE with pretty much every option set to "No Change", and the lines are finally gone! :D

Now I just have to go through about 5-10 reinstalls to figure out which option(s) are causing the problem. I'll let you know what I find out. :)

(With all options turned "off", BFE still installs a few basic things such as the custom OpenGL driver, FF7 music, and the Avalanche GUI. This means I still get the upgraded FF7 menus, including menu transparency in battle! That's all I really want from the menus, so I'm getting much closer to figuring this all out now.)

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: 2013-07-11 19:51:58 »
Ok... New strategy! I tried installing BFE with pretty much every option set to "No Change", and the lines are finally gone! :D
Now I just have to go through about 5-10 reinstalls to figure out which option(s) are causing the problem. I'll let you know what I find out. :)
(With all options turned "off", BFE still installs a few basic things such as the custom OpenGL driver, FF7 music, and the Avalanche GUI. This means I still get the upgraded FF7 menus, including menu transparency in battle! That's all I really want from the menus, so I'm getting much closer to figuring this all out now.)
I have a suggestion, because I've been working on this exact problem myself, since you brought it up the other day. Without menu overhaul you get the critical hit flashes back and the end of battle menu black out thing is gone.

You've got a little further than me on this. But this is the work around I would suggest: Instead of allowing bootleg to install the Avalanche Hi-Res when it tries(if you've told windows to default run it when it is opened you'll have to redownload that mod so that windows asks you, same as avalanche GUI skip workaround) let it sit at the place where it prompts you and instead, install it yourself manually, and it'll give you some options. Completely uncheck GUI and then let it install. After it's finished, hit cancel on the prompt you left sitting and it will then proceed to prompt you for the avalanche GUI. Let it install it. See how that goes. You shouldn't have to leave anything else out of your desired bootleg setup, but I haven't tested it. did not work

Athmet: You and Drumblanket have me totally stumped. I'm sorry I haven't been able to solve your issue at all, much less quickly, I do however think both of you can get aali's driver working if you both keep just kinda playing with settings and waiting for someone smarter than me to help out.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 21:01:02 by Template »

drumblanket

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: 2013-07-11 19:56:37 »
Heya drumblanket, remove the spaces in [ code] and [ /code] to use the tags. Thanks for posting your app.log. I don't know why it's behaving that way. Perhaps someone else with an Nvidia setup can shed some light on this. Turn shaders off in bootloader configuration. Let's see how that goes.

I think the error is somewhere in this part of the log maybe?   INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 680x420
INFO: No NPOT texture support and output resolution is not a multiple of 320x240, expect missing framebuffer effects

Athmet

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: 2013-07-11 20:01:59 »
Athmet: You and Drumblanket have me totally stumped. I'm sorry I haven't been able to solve your issue at all, much less quickly, I do however think both of you can get aali's driver working if you both keep just kinda playing with settings and waiting for someone smarter than me to help out.

:'( Thanks although for trying to help. It is very nice of you to have taken the time. I will look forward the next champion who will try and beat this damn problem !  ;D

drumblanket

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: 2013-07-11 20:37:02 »
:'( Thanks although for trying to help. It is very nice of you to have taken the time. I will look forward the next champion who will try and beat this damn problem !  ;D

I think God hates me....  and for that there are no answers.  On a lighter note im drinking some brandy and relaxing trying to forget all this for now.    :wink:

Athmet

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: 2013-07-11 22:51:05 »
Should we try and get help by going in the http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12008.0 ([Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation) ?

DarkAngel777

• View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: 2013-07-11 23:08:50 »
When I start the game, I can select New Game, but then the game freezes and I get the notification that "something very bad happened."
I have followed the tutorial to the letter twice already, and re-downloaded certain files from the torrent again for the second install, and I still get the same error.
The APP.log contents are as follows:

INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 9500 GS/PCIe/SSE2 3.3.0
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x720, output resolution 960x720, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file D:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/flevel.siz (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/MAPLIST (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/hand_1.TEX (LGP) (path: D:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\Data\field)
ERROR: offset error: hand_1.TEX
ERROR: could not open file hand_1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE hand_1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE hand_1.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki1.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki1.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki1.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki2.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki2.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki2.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki2.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki2.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki3.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki3.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki3.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki3.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki3.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki4.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki4.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki4.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki4.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki4.tim
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: D:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/ÌO (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: unhandled exception

Here are my computer specs: Windows 7 64-bit, 6GB RAM, NVIDIA 9500GS
I cannot find any similar posts or fixes for this problem. I hope someone can help shed some light on this issue.

Muhahahahaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: 2013-07-11 23:58:54 »
I have a suggestion, because I've been working on this exact problem myself, since you brought it up the other day. Without menu overhaul you get the critical hit flashes back and the end of battle menu black out thing is gone.

You've got a little further than me on this. But this is the work around I would suggest: Instead of allowing bootleg to install the Avalanche Hi-Res when it tries(if you've told windows to default run it when it is opened you'll have to redownload that mod so that windows asks you, same as avalanche GUI skip workaround) let it sit at the place where it prompts you and instead, install it yourself manually, and it'll give you some options. Completely uncheck GUI and then let it install. After it's finished, hit cancel on the prompt you left sitting and it will then proceed to prompt you for the avalanche GUI. Let it install it. See how that goes. You shouldn't have to leave anything else out of your desired bootleg setup, but I haven't tested it. did not work

I finally got everything working! :D (With FF7 menus.)

I think the problem may have been that I wasn't uninstalling properly during some of my earlier attempts. Perhaps you are having that problem too? Make sure that you are doing a *clean* install by following the steps below:

I don't like XYZ mod. Can I just run Bootleg again with something else selected?

No, you cannot. Many of the mods will alter the main files of the game, and uninstalling does not revert back to their original file structure. More modern games, such as those found at Nexus Mods, have file structures capable of installing and uninstalling freely, but back in the early-mid 1990's, they did not have these features when developing this game.

You will need to start over to change or try a new mod. Follow these steps:
  • Uninstall FF7Music via Windows Control Panel.
  • Uninstall the game via Windows Control Panel.
  • Clean your registry using this tool: HERE
  • Delete the old installation folder completely. It will have junk files leftover from modding, and installing back into will cause a nightmare.
  • Install the game and start modding again.

Previously, I had been doing steps 2, 4, and 5, but I had no idea about 1 and 3! I'm figuring that skipping step 3 may have been the culprit, but it could be either. Clearly one should not ignore these steps! ;)

(Note: If you have the Steam version, I don't think you really have to uninstall the game via Windows Control Panel. I just always right-click and "Delete Local Content..." from Steam.)

drumblanket

• View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: 2013-07-12 02:05:02 »

No, you cannot. Many of the mods will alter the main files of the game, and uninstalling does not revert back to their original file structure. More modern games, such as those found at Nexus Mods, have file structures capable of installing and uninstalling freely, but back in the early-mid 1990's, they did not have these features when developing this game.

You will need to start over to change or try a new mod. Follow these steps:
Uninstall FF7Music via Windows Control Panel.
Uninstall the game via Windows Control Panel.
Clean your registry using this tool: HERE
Delete the old installation folder completely. It will have junk files leftover from modding, and installing back into will cause a nightmare.
Install the game and start modding again.

I think the problem may have been that I wasn't uninstalling properly during some of my earlier attempts. Perhaps you are having that problem too? Make sure that you are doing a *clean* install by following the steps below:

Previously, I had been doing steps 2, 4, and 5, but I had no idea about 1 and 3! I'm figuring that skipping step 3 may have been the culprit, but it could be either. Clearly one should not ignore these steps! ;)

(Note: If you have the Steam version, I don't think you really have to uninstall the game via Windows Control Panel. I just always right-click and "Delete Local Content..." from Steam.)

There is another step I had to take but I did not know about it until after I had installed the mods.  The step was changing the name of the nvidia .dll error which was Nvd3d9wrap and should be this on other systems.   
 My recommendation is to add this step before running the bootleg (pushing the blue button) in the BFE file.  Start > computer > c drive> program files (x86) > nvidia corporation > coprocmanager.  You will see Nvd3d9wrap.dll you would change it to any name you like (I chose Horsesh*t.dll)  THEN you would click the blue button. After the bootlegger has finished be sure to change the file name back to Nvd3d9wrap.dll (copy the file name before you change it then paste it back after the bootlegger has finished) I have not tried this in the installation process yet but its the only extra step I had to take which was not mentioned in the post quoted.  I will try this and see if it helps my situation and will let you know if it solved my problem.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-12 02:10:43 by drumblanket »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1111 on: 2013-07-12 02:15:22 »
There are several people still looking for help, and I will respond to them eventually. I am really REALLY busy with my sister's baby shower this weekend, so give me some time. Hang in there!

To anyone reading, please let others know in case they miss this  :)

Athmet

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: 2013-07-12 05:12:32 »
There are several people still looking for help, and I will respond to them eventually. I am really REALLY busy with my sister's baby shower this weekend, so give me some time. Hang in there!

To anyone reading, please let others know in case they miss this  :)

All right, thanks for letting us know. Enjoy the party this week-end !

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: 2013-07-12 05:19:43 »
Nice! Can you put up screenshots of it in action?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: 2013-07-12 05:52:29 »
Code: [Select]
INFO: Microsoft Corporation GDI Generic 1.1.0

This Line means, you don't have installed a Graphics card driver (AMD or NVIDIA or INTEL).
You are using the one from Win 7, thats not good

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
WARNING: 0:14: warning(#260) Keyword "precision" is supported in GLSL 1.3
WARNING: 0:19: warning(#62) enable/warn/disable extension is not found. Extension "GL_ARB_framebuffer_object" is not supported
You have incompatible shader-files...

Try playing without multi.dll

(With all options turned "off", BFE still installs a few basic things such as the custom OpenGL driver, FF7 music, and the Avalanche GUI.
Installing the GUI should have fix your Problem...
The Problem are the spanisch Fonts inside the Team Avalanche High Res mod...

ERROR: failed to find file flevel/flevel.siz (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/MAPLIST (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/hand_1.TEX (LGP) (path: D:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\Data\field)
ERROR: offset error: hand_1.TEX
ERROR: could not open file hand_1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE hand_1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE hand_1.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki1.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki1.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki1.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki2.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki2.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki2.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki2.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki2.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki3.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki3.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki3.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki3.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki3.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki4.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki4.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki4.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki4.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki4.tim
You have an totally broken flevel.lgp, maybe in a different language than english?

drumblanket

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: 2013-07-12 09:10:19 »
I finally got the game to work.   I had to put the bootloader on default settings. Then in the ff7config I had to switch up my resolution to 640x480 where as I had it at 680x420.   I also had to check off nvidia and the option that is NOT  TNT.   
The game looks awesome but the FMV's are super grainy and play at 680x420 while the game seems to be in 1080p . Im just happy I have it running tho.  Any recommendations to get the FMV's looking as good as the game and possibly not cut off around the edges?
Code: [Select]
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 545/PCIe/SSE2 4.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.466667, frames: 3712
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\opening.avi; mpeg4/mp3 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 119.400000, frames: 1791
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 300
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\mkup.avi; truemotion2/null 320x224, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 9.000000, frames: 135
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 303
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 309
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 308
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 322
pause_sound
resume_sound ()
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 324
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 323
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 317
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 311
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 313
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 317
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 314
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 313
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 311
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\northmk.avi; truemotion2/pcm_u8 320x224, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 13.066667, frames: 196
fade music volume: 60->0, step=127
set music volume: 60
set music volume trans: 60->0, step=127
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.466667, frames: 3712
set music volume trans: 0->0, step=60
WM_CLOSE
END OF CREDITS!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

Also... any way to switch the controls up?  and how do i take a screen shot?
After getting the game to run in default mode I tried HDR shader and the game still ran correctly.   In my bootlader I have the otion to remove original aspect ratio which when i did that on my untouched steam version I was able to stretch the game across my widescreen (I dont mind stretching)   But for some reason the redux wont allow this.  At least not that I have seen.  I am really happy that its playing at all to be honest.  But if you guys know some additional tweaks involving losing the grain in the FMV's and all of that I would like to know. 
Thank you guys so much for helping me.   
« Last Edit: 2013-07-12 12:48:45 by drumblanket »

Athmet

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: 2013-07-12 09:31:24 »
You have incompatible shader-files...
Try playing without multi.dll

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. If i understand to resolve my shadder problem i need to erase that dll right ?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: 2013-07-12 10:43:46 »
Thanks for your reply. If i understand to resolve my shadder problem i need to erase that dll right ?
They are separate issues he's saying, I think, to turn shaders off and also, edit the file ff7opengl.cfg put a # in front of the line that says Load = Multi.dll for test

bob7757

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: 2013-07-12 11:41:51 »
I am having some trouble, after I downloaded and ran BFE.exe and downloaded all the necessary mods and run bootleg an error message shows up.

it is titled Microsoft.NET Framework and says Unhandled exception has occurred in your application if you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you click quit the application will close immediately. The System cannot find the file specified, and if I go to details it says:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at BootlegFE.Bootleg.StartBootleg(Int32 iFlagStart)
   at BootlegFE.Bootleg.RunBootleg_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BootlegFE
    Assembly Version: 1.0.4748.37298
    Win32 Version: 1.0.35.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/BFE.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5473 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5473 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

what should I do?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: 2013-07-12 12:44:06 »
Have you updated your .Net framework files? 4.5 is latest full release I believe, google it :lol:

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: 2013-07-12 16:15:33 »
They are separate issues he's saying, I think, to turn shaders off and also, edit the file ff7opengl.cfg put a # in front of the line that says Load = Multi.dll for test
Yes, that's what I mean :)

@ Athmet:
If you have repaired the shaders, we can work on the next problem.
If you are turn off the multi.dll all other dll's also turned off (all are in the folder "LOADR").
If the game is working properly then it's up to one of the dll's.
Then you can gradually switch back to the dll's to see at which the error occurs (if it is ever to the dll's)

Athmet

• View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: 2013-07-12 17:19:25 »
Hello,

I did turn off the shaders and put the # infront the load = multi.dll.

I tryed and launch the game : black screen but behind it was a windows error telling me there was a problem with FF7.exe. However I couldn't access to this window so I had to shut off FF7.

Here is the APP :
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized

I keep getting this message about the ff7input.cfg in this report and others previously... not sure what to do with it.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: 2013-07-12 18:35:53 »
Then it is not so on the shaders, but still let them out.
Also the DLL's do not seem to be the problem, but also let them out.

As a next step, we turn FF7Music off.
Rename the folder "FF7Music" and "Ficedula" into "-FF7Music" and "-Ficedula" (or whatever you like).
Do not be surprised if the game should work now, you have no music :-D

Some questions still
1) Did you use my Game Converter?
2) Is UAC on or off?
3) Is Antivirus on or off?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-12 18:39:33 by Kompass63 »

Athmet

• View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: 2013-07-12 19:08:28 »
So, sorry again but still not working : however now, like the last time, the game is launching and I have a windows error about the FF7.exe.

here is the APP :
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized

As for your question :
1) I followed the steps described in this thread so not sure what you mean by your "game converter"
2) Yes UAC is off
3) I have no antivirus  :-[

Muhahahahaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: 2013-07-12 22:04:27 »
So, sorry again but still not working : however now, like the last time, the game is launching and I have a windows error about the FF7.exe.

here is the APP :
As for your question :
1) I followed the steps described in this thread so not sure what you mean by your "game converter"
2) Yes UAC is off
3) I have no antivirus  :-[

1) Basically, the 2012 re-release and the 2013 Steam version need to be "converted" to the original 1998 PC version before most mods can be applied. Anyway, if you're using Bootleg as described in OP of this thread, then it should be doing this for you automatically. :)