Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2435969 times)

Muhahahahaz

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1150 on: 2013-07-14 10:59:36 »
Yeah... It seems to be quite a chore trying to play FF7 with all these mods installed. I have to play some story segments like 3-5 times before I can proceed because said story segments are too long for me to get through without experiencing at least one random crash. :cry:

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: 2013-07-14 12:16:40 »
Yeah... It seems to be quite a chore trying to play FF7 with all these mods installed. I have to play some story segments like 3-5 times before I can proceed because said story segments are too long for me to get through without experiencing at least one random crash. :cry:
That's just not normal at all. I play for hours at a time sometimes, going through the early parts of the game through the story and stuff. Can you post an APP log after one of these crashes? can chop it down to the end and see what kinda error it throws off.
It turns out that my GUI artifacts were coming from the "Internal Resolution" option in the Bootloader. Have you tried turning that off?
I'm using the Avalanche GUI and Hi-Res stuff at 1920x1200 and everything is looking great. :)
The only problem I'm having now is that the game seems to crash from time to time... Like maybe every 30 mins to 1 hour, depending on how lucky I am. I guess I'd better save every chance I get. ::)
I was quite shocked to hear your solution to the non-menu overhaul graphics issue. I have played around a lot with internal resolution settings and found 5120X3840 with an output res of 1920X1080 to be stunning, particularly because Antialiasing also works with these settings... but the menu graphics glitches we've been talking about come up without the menu overhaul. Unfortunately, my setup does not allow me to go up to 1920X1200... that's fantastic. I kinda want to try that, but I'm curious what you do about your internal resolution and antialiasing and if you've been able to play around with these settings. Also... since 1920X1200 is not a standard res that I know of... and this is really speculation here, it could possibly be the source of your crashes.
The best I've got so far has been using output res of 1920X1080 and internal resolution of 2560X1920. It's really a far cry from what you get with that doubled internal res. Perhaps I will look into this further if the next Menu Overhaul release doesn't address this crap.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-14 14:27:09 by Template »

Joedin

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: 2013-07-14 14:55:39 »
Is there any way to change the controls?

Muhahahahaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: 2013-07-14 16:50:19 »
That's just not normal at all. I play for hours at a time sometimes, going through the early parts of the game through the story and stuff. Can you post an APP log after one of these crashes? can chop it down to the end and see what kinda error it throws off.

Unfortunately, there is no crash log since it doesn't actually crash. Usually it freezes on a blank screen during some sort of transition.

I was quite shocked to hear your solution to the non-menu overhaul graphics issue. I have played around a lot with internal resolution settings and found 5120X3840 with an output res of 1920X1080 to be stunning, particularly because Antialiasing also works with these settings... but the menu graphics glitches we've been talking about come up without the menu overhaul. Unfortunately, my setup does not allow me to go up to 1920X1200... that's fantastic. I kinda want to try that, but I'm curious what you do about your internal resolution and antialiasing and if you've been able to play around with these settings. Also... since 1920X1200 is not a standard res that I know of... and this is really speculation here, it could possibly be the source of your crashes.
The best I've got so far has been using output res of 1920X1080 and internal resolution of 2560X1920. It's really a far cry from what you get with that doubled internal res. Perhaps I will look into this further if the next Menu Overhaul release doesn't address this crap.

I have "Override application settings" 24x Supersampling Edge-detect AA turned on in Catalyst Control Center, but I have no idea if it's being applied or not. There does seem to be some small amount of aliasing when I look at Cloud's field model closely (such as during the opening sequence, like in the images you posted), but I can't get rid of it. When I heard you say that AA wouldn't be applied unless the correct internal resolution is used, I definitely tried to mess around with it, but nothing ever changed (except my menus getting messed up).

Actually, 1920x1200 is very much a standard resolution. Up until a few years ago, all widescreen computer monitors used the 16:10 aspect ratio, with resolutions such as 1280x800, 1440x900, 1680x1050, and 1920x1200. Perhaps you have heard of some of these? They are all the same ratio.

Edit: Okay, so I tried the 2560x1920 Internal Resolution, and the menus still look good! In the past, I was using something like 3840x2160 because that's what was there by default (for me). However, that isn't even a multiple of 640x480, so I have no idea why that was my default. I also tried something like 3200x2400 in the past (which *is* a multiple of 640x480), but there were still menu artifacts, so I gave up on it. It looks like if you choose a multiple that's too big, then it will cause problems.

However, the aliasing still doesn't look any different.

Is there any way to change the controls?

Just like in the old days. Open the menu in-game, then go to Config -> Controller -> Customize.

Of course, the horrible part about this is that the default keyboard controls are completely retarded, and there's no way to change them or figure out what they are unless you already know the defaults. So, if you're using a keyboard: Pretty much all of the controls are on the numpad. It looks like [Menu] is "+" and [OK] is "Enter". Make sure you use the + and Enter on the Numpad, otherwise it won't work! :-P

(Personally, I already had a PS3 controller hooked up to my computer, so I never had to deal with any of this keyboard nonsense. :-P)
« Last Edit: 2013-07-14 17:18:24 by Muhahahahaz »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: 2013-07-14 18:03:52 »
(Personally, I already had a PS3 controller hooked up to my computer, so I never had to deal with any of this keyboard nonsense. :-P)
You speak out of my soul ;D

Muhahahahaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: 2013-07-14 18:24:30 »
You speak out of my soul ;D

Yeeeee. :D

EagleGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 2013-07-14 18:39:46 »
Wrong place for this, I know, but I ain't sure this deserves a whole thread in the Troubleshooting board. Anyways, the remaining available space on my HDD has been "fluctuating" by a range of about 8GB ever since I've gotten Bootleg and been playing it again. Right now, it's at 61.8GB, and I haven't played it today. Yesterday, it was at around 57GB, and I haven't uninstalled or deleted anything (Except a 5MB .swf file that I downloaded and deleted shortly after today). I think this has something to do with Bootleg, because this has only happened since I've gotten it. I am aware there are viruses (Like Vundo, for instance) that can make the amount of space you have left on your hard drive "fluctuate", but I've ran a full scan at least once ofter the past few days with Malwarebytes and gotten nothing. What gives?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1157 on: 2013-07-14 18:44:12 »
Unfortunately, it no longer seems to work, and just breaks down and crashes at random intervals.

I guess this really doesn't work with the Steam Re-Release.  :cry:

It has been tested by many on this forum, including myself, and it works great. Over 3200 have downloaded Bootleg040 and the Mod Package since the Steam release, and there have been only a handful or two of the same questions asked, and we've pretty much solved all with the FAQ or a simple fix to a user error.

Post your bootleg.log, ff7_opengl.cfg, and whether or not you installed the AMD Catalyst 13.5 BETA2 drivers.

Unfortunately, there is no crash log since it doesn't actually crash. Usually it freezes on a blank screen during some sort of transition.

It doesn't matter if it's a crash or a freeze. When the APP.log halts is when the game shuts down, which you need to do on a game freeze anyways. If you don't have an APP.log, then you have not installed the mods correctly. It must be there and cannot be said otherwise.

The biggest reason I like to see APP.log is to witness the GPU being used. Are you running Intel HD Graphics or a dedicated video card? This question doesn't really matter at this point though because you need to start all over in order to record your APP.log through Aali's driver.

Wrong place for this, I know, but I ain't sure this deserves a whole thread in the Troubleshooting board. Anyways, the remaining available space on my HDD has been "fluctuating" by a range of about 8GB ever since I've gotten Bootleg and been playing it again. Right now, it's at 61.8GB, and I haven't played it today. Yesterday, it was at around 57GB, and I haven't uninstalled or deleted anything (Except a 5MB .swf file that I downloaded and deleted shortly after today). I think this has something to do with Bootleg, because this has only happened since I've gotten it. I am aware there are viruses (Like Vundo, for instance) that can make the amount of space you have left on your hard drive "fluctuate", but I've ran a full scan at least once ofter the past few days with Malwarebytes and gotten nothing. What gives?

It sounds like you have Compress Textures enabled. This will create a texture cache that fluctuates as you play.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-14 18:45:43 by EQ2Alyza »

Muhahahahaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: 2013-07-14 19:26:37 »
It doesn't matter if it's a crash or a freeze. When the APP.log halts is when the game shuts down, which you need to do on a game freeze anyways. If you don't have an APP.log, then you have not installed the mods correctly. It must be there and cannot be said otherwise.

The biggest reason I like to see APP.log is to witness the GPU being used. Are you running Intel HD Graphics or a dedicated video card? This question doesn't really matter at this point though because you need to start all over in order to record your APP.log through Aali's driver.

Ah, I see. I just remember it asking me questions about the log during an actual crash, so I didn't realize it would be there otherwise. I'm using an ATI HD 5970 video card, which was like, the best card you could possibly buy 3 years ago.

Maybe it's not happy with dual GPUs? :-P

timetolove4

• View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: 2013-07-14 19:27:01 »
I played the game for a few hours through Steam, had a save file and everything.  I just ran through the bootleg process and was disappointed to see it did not import my save file. How do you migrate your Steam save file to work from a mod? I'd really not like to start over.

EDIT: Figured it out! Had to navigate to the Final Fantasy VII Steam folder in My Documents, find the save00.ff7 file, and copy it over to the "save" folder under the main installation folder, which was previously empty.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-14 19:58:58 by timetolove4 »

Hopenosis

• View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: 2013-07-14 20:02:15 »
Hello, I have also recently bought the game on steam, and applied bootleg and other mods to the game. I am having the same issue with the game crashing sporadically throughout my playtime. I can't get all the way through the Kalm/Nibelheim scenes without crashing. It's getting frustrating to be quite honest.  Attached is my APP code. I sure hope you guys can help me figure out what's going on. :(

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series 4.2.12002 Compatibility Profile Context 9.12.0.0
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1680x1050, output resolution 1400x1050, internal resolution 2560x1920
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\FF7\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
stop_sound
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
stop_sound
-=-=[END OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=255
set music volume: 0
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 292
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
ERROR: unhandled exception

kaoss1208

• View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: 2013-07-14 20:06:19 »
I apologize if this question has already been answered.

I have the steam version on my laptop and I was able to download all of the mods and went through the bootloader and it seems to work. But when I get to the title screen where I choose either new game or continue I can't get anything to work. I've tried every button on my keyboard and none of them seem to do anything. I can't get pass the title screen.

Muhahahahaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: 2013-07-14 20:06:57 »
I just got another frozen black screen when switching areas. Here's my APP.LOG, if it helps:

INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series 4.2.12002 Compatibility Profile Context 9.12.0.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1200, output resolution 1920x1200, internal resolution 2560x1920
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 16384, frag uniform 16384
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: D:\Games\FF7\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: D:\Games\FF7\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\junon.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 32.266667, frames: 484
GLITCH: missed palette write to external texture field/junonr1/junonr1_15
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
UNEXPECTED: zero count
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start

I apologize if this question has already been answered.

I have the steam version on my laptop and I was able to download all of the mods and went through the bootloader and it seems to work. But when I get to the title screen where I choose either new game or continue I can't get anything to work. I've tried every button on my keyboard and none of them seem to do anything. I can't get pass the title screen.

The default controls are on the Numpad (for some reason). Your arrows are 2, 4, 6, and 8 (the ones with arrows on them), [Menu] is +, [OK] is Enter, [Cancel] is 0. Also, I believe Numlock needs to be ON.

You can change these by opening the in-game Menu and going to Config.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-14 20:12:56 by Muhahahahaz »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: 2013-07-14 20:16:17 »
Hello, I have also recently bought the game on steam, and applied bootleg and other mods to the game. I am having the same issue with the game crashing sporadically throughout my playtime. I can't get all the way through the Kalm/Nibelheim scenes without crashing.
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series 4.2.12002 Compatibility Profile Context 9.12.0.0
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1680x1050, output resolution 1400x1050, internal resolution 2560x1920
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\FF7\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
stop_sound
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
stop_sound
-=-=[END OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=255
set music volume: 0
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 292
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
ERROR: unhandled exception
Hiya, you're using the wrong driver, I think. So you've had to turn shaders off. Amazing it's working at all. Use the 13.5beta2 installer to UNINSTALL first, do a system restart, then use it again to put the drivers on. Turn shaders back on in bootloader config, then go from there. If you continue to have problems, you may need to reinstall the game completely with those drivers on your system. Reinstalling the game involves uninstalling through windows control panel, manually deleting the ff7 directory you installed to, if it remains, and using a registry cleaner, and/or this ff7 remove Registry Key tool made by Kompass63. Then you may reinstall. Sucks huh? This game was released in 1998. The remake is just a way of reprinting the old game. 

@Muha You've basically got the same issue, as far as I can tell. Is your card not able to use the new catalyst releases? Seems like it would still be supported by catalyst updates. That one is like a month old or something. If you can use the 13.5beta2 try that before bothering with a full reinstall again.

@Alyza The driver versions should be highlighted in the Tutorial itself, perhaps. There's more going on than just red triangles. That seems to be just one possible manifestation, depending on which driver version people are having trouble with.   

Edit:
I have "Override application settings" 24x Supersampling Edge-detect AA turned on in Catalyst Control Center, but I have no idea if it's being applied or not. There does seem to be some small amount of aliasing when I look at Cloud's field model closely (such as during the opening sequence, like in the images you posted), but I can't get rid of it. When I heard you say that AA wouldn't be applied unless the correct internal resolution is used, I definitely tried to mess around with it, but nothing ever changed (except my menus getting messed up).

Actually, 1920x1200 is very much a standard resolution. Up until a few years ago, all widescreen computer monitors used the 16:10 aspect ratio, with resolutions such as 1280x800, 1440x900, 1680x1050, and 1920x1200. Perhaps you have heard of some of these? They are all the same ratio.

Edit: Okay, so I tried the 2560x1920 Internal Resolution, and the menus still look good! In the past, I was using something like 3840x2160 because that's what was there by default (for me). However, that isn't even a multiple of 640x480, so I have no idea why that was my default. I also tried something like 3200x2400 in the past (which *is* a multiple of 640x480), but there were still menu artifacts, so I gave up on it. It looks like if you choose a multiple that's too big, then it will cause problems.
Kept poking at this and with your list of common 16:10 resolutions (I was late to the widescreen format... no wonder) ended up figuring out that, for whatever reason, my antialiasing decided to kick on nicely with my output resolution@ 1680X1050 and internal resolution @2560X1920. Weird numbers... but it looks pretty good. Not quite as nice as the res I use with Menu Overhaul, though, so I am crossing my fingers for some sort of solution in the upcoming version of menu overhaul to use higher internal resolutions and get rid of the end of battle blackout issue while preserving critical hit flashes. Not sure what to expect with the original menus option.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-14 20:49:37 by Template »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: 2013-07-14 20:30:42 »
@Alyza The driver versions should be highlighted in the Tutorial itself, perhaps. There's more going on than just red triangles. That seems to be just one possible manifestation, depending on which driver version people are having trouble with.

I thought the same, but let's work on getting them the new drivers first and see how that helps out. Most people of the past have tested with Nvidia, so we're learning the ATI ways of this. I may need to add an Nvidia driver to the FAQ as well because their latest 320.xx series is wretchedly bugged and doesn't like FF7.

Mirror

• View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: 2013-07-14 20:53:06 »
Microsoft .Net Framework Unhandled exception:

I too am having this issue.
.net framwork is up to date.
I'm running win 7 64, both BFE and Bootleg are set to run as admin.

I'm also having issues on my Win8 machine.
Despite having both BFE and Bootleg set for run as admin, when I get to the "run bootleg" step the box comes up, goes through the first checks and then fails stating that Bootleg does not have admin permissions.

It's the Steam 2013 version on both computers. Both games are installed to either C:\games\ff7 (win 8 computer) or d:\games\ff7
the BFE,Bootleg and associated files are installed in the same directories as above just under games rather than ff7.

Any one have any suggestions on where to start on these issues?
The Admin not being seen as Admin one is particularly frustrating..

ramosan

• View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: 2013-07-14 20:55:23 »
I've installed all of the mods and when i click "run bootleg" the Final Fantasy VII Configuration window will not pop up.  The black window will pop up though and it asks me which models i want....(cloud models, save point models, install team avalanche high resolution graphics, etc.) and after choosing a model for Aerith the window simply closes out and nothing else happens.

nathanp

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: 2013-07-14 20:58:23 »
Hi There, I've tried modding FF7 with Bootleg040 about six times now.

I've gone through the whole bootleg process, with mods sourced from the Torrent (040)

Here is my App Log:

]INITIALIZE DD/D3D START
DIRECT DRAW 2
TOTAL 1026097152 FREE 1020337152
DD MODE: W 320 H 200 P 320 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 320 H 200 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 320 H 200 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 320 H 240 P 320 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 320 H 240 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 320 H 240 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 400 H 300 P 400 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 400 H 300 P 800 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 400 H 300 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 512 H 384 P 512 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 512 H 384 P 1024 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 512 H 384 P 2048 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 640 H 400 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 640 H 400 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 640 H 400 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 16
DISPLAY MODE MATCH
DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 800 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 3200 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 1024 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 2048 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 4096 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1152 H 864 P 1152 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1152 H 864 P 2304 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1152 H 864 P 4608 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 600 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 600 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 600 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 800 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 800 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 800 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1360 H 768 P 1360 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1360 H 768 P 2720 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1360 H 768 P 5440 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1366 H 768 P 1366 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1366 H 768 P 2732 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1366 H 768 P 5464 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1440 H 900 P 1440 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1440 H 900 P 2880 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1440 H 900 P 5760 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1600 H 900 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1600 H 900 P 3200 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1600 H 900 P 6400 RGB 1 BPP 32
Ramp Emulation
  Microsoft Direct3D Mono(Ramp) Software Emulation
RGB Emulation
  Microsoft Direct3D RGB Software Emulation
Direct3D HAL
  Microsoft Direct3D Hardware acceleration through Direct3D HAL
EXCLUSIVE MODE
16-BIT Z BUFFER CREATED IN HW
HAL
HEL
TEXTURE FORMATS:
  PALETTE 0 BITS 16 RGBA 5:6:5:0
  PALETTE 0 BITS 16 RGBA 5:5:5:0
  PALETTE 0 BITS 16 RGBA 5:5:5:1
  PALETTE 0 BITS 16 RGBA 4:4:4:4
  PALETTE 0 BITS 32 RGBA 8:8:8:0
  PALETTE 0 BITS 32 RGBA 8:8:8:8
INITIALIZE D3D 2
VIEWPORT INITIALIZE
VIEWPORT 2 INITIALIZE
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE G:\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: G:\FINAL FANTASY VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
TEXTURE LOADED INTO VIDEO MEMORY
MIDI set volume: 127
10036743060f 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
10036743060f 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!

My system is Windows 7 on a Dell XPS Laptop with an nVida 435m. I do have optimius and FF7.exe is set to run on the card (though I tried both)

FF7Config.exe did not open at first due to a nVidia DLL. I renamed that DLL, ran the FF7config.exe, then renamed it back. The audio drive is selected, as well as "NVIDIA" in the graphics settings.

After that problem was fixed, FF7.exe now crashes after a black screen.

I'm kind of on the last leg here. I bought the Steam AND Square version to see if it would help. Seems to be the same results.

If the game is run from the launcher app, it's sort of half modded. The models are there, but not all the textures. Text boxes contain text that joins together and wraps oddly.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-14 21:35:01 by nathanp »

kaoss1208

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: 2013-07-14 21:00:25 »

The default controls are on the Numpad (for some reason). Your arrows are 2, 4, 6, and 8 (the ones with arrows on them), [Menu] is +, [OK] is Enter, [Cancel] is 0. Also, I believe Numlock needs to be ON.

You can change these by opening the in-game Menu and going to Config.

Awesome I have a Dell Studio 1558 that doesn't have a nim lock key. Pusing FN and Alt doesn't work either. I've been searching online but haven't been able to find a way to turn it on.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: 2013-07-14 21:03:59 »
Lots of issues with STEAM... I installed bootleg on a fresh steam build this morning to double check. Seemed fine.

Guys, Kompass63 has a new version of his Game Converter out.
I wanna suggest it for anyone having trouble with getting through the bootleg process itself.
Please completely uninstall STEAM itself in order to move it outside of the Program Files directories. (If it isn't already) If that's already been done and STEAM itself is outside your program files directories, then:
Use Kompass's Remove FF7 Keys utility to clean your registry.
Then install steam (outside the program files directories), then install ff7, the Game Converter, and finally, bootleg. Some people are having success with this method. Lets see if we are on to something.
Awesome I have a Dell Studio 1558 that doesn't have a nim lock key. Pusing FN and Alt doesn't work either. I've been searching online but haven't been able to find a way to turn it on.
Laptop_Keypad_Patch: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7ZrngjoUqm-Wm9UMEQ2STZnVmM/edit
Tada!
@NathanP Hiya! Try running the ff7config.exe file from within your game directory. Set the renderer to Custom Driver. If that doesn't work we need to start over and do a full uninstall I'm afraid. But you did 99% of the work already I think. Can you edit your post and put the App.log with [ code] [ /code] tags (no spaces) around it to save room?  :) 
« Last Edit: 2013-07-14 21:14:19 by Template »

kaoss1208

• View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: 2013-07-14 21:18:03 »
I was able to use the on screen keyboard to get into the game and then access the menu and change the controls thankfully.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: 2013-07-14 21:36:32 »
Hi There, I've tried modding FF7 with Bootleg040 about six times now.

I've gone through the whole bootleg process, with mods sourced from the Torrent (040)

Here is my App Log:

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START
DIRECT DRAW 2
TOTAL 1026097152 FREE 1020337152
DD MODE: W 320 H 200 P 320 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 320 H 200 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 320 H 200 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 320 H 240 P 320 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 320 H 240 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 320 H 240 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 400 H 300 P 400 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 400 H 300 P 800 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 400 H 300 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 512 H 384 P 512 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 512 H 384 P 1024 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 512 H 384 P 2048 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 640 H 400 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 640 H 400 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 640 H 400 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 16
DISPLAY MODE MATCH
DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 800 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 3200 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 1024 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 2048 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 4096 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1152 H 864 P 1152 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1152 H 864 P 2304 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1152 H 864 P 4608 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 600 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 600 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 600 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 800 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 800 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 800 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1360 H 768 P 1360 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1360 H 768 P 2720 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1360 H 768 P 5440 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1366 H 768 P 1366 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1366 H 768 P 2732 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1366 H 768 P 5464 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1440 H 900 P 1440 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1440 H 900 P 2880 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1440 H 900 P 5760 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1600 H 900 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1600 H 900 P 3200 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1600 H 900 P 6400 RGB 1 BPP 32
Ramp Emulation
  Microsoft Direct3D Mono(Ramp) Software Emulation
RGB Emulation
  Microsoft Direct3D RGB Software Emulation
Direct3D HAL
  Microsoft Direct3D Hardware acceleration through Direct3D HAL
EXCLUSIVE MODE
16-BIT Z BUFFER CREATED IN HW
HAL
HEL
TEXTURE FORMATS:
  PALETTE 0 BITS 16 RGBA 5:6:5:0
  PALETTE 0 BITS 16 RGBA 5:5:5:0
  PALETTE 0 BITS 16 RGBA 5:5:5:1
  PALETTE 0 BITS 16 RGBA 4:4:4:4
  PALETTE 0 BITS 32 RGBA 8:8:8:0
  PALETTE 0 BITS 32 RGBA 8:8:8:8
INITIALIZE D3D 2
VIEWPORT INITIALIZE
VIEWPORT 2 INITIALIZE
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE G:\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: G:\FINAL FANTASY VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
10036743060f 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
10036743060f 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!

My system is Windows 7 on a Dell XPS Laptop with an nVida 435m. I do have optimius and FF7.exe is set to run on the card (though I tried both)

FF7Config.exe did not open at first due to a nVidia DLL. I renamed that DLL, ran the FF7config.exe, then renamed it back. The audio drive is selected, as well as "NVIDIA" in the graphics settings.

After that problem was fixed, FF7.exe now crashes after a black screen.

I'm kind of on the last leg here. I bought the Steam AND Square version to see if it would help. Seems to be the same results.

If the game is run from the launcher app, it's sort of half modded. The models are there, but not all the textures. Text boxes contain text that joins together and wraps oddly.

You have done everything correctly so far. The first 2 lines of your APP.log are the key because you're using the games original Direct Draw renderer. We need the renderer to be Aali's Driver.

Open FF7Config.exe and click on the Graphics tab. Set the Renderer as "Custom driver" and you may get a message saying "self-test passed!" If that message doesn't appear, click OK to close out, then reopen FF7Config.exe and click on the Graphics tab again. The message will appear this time, then hit OK and begin playing.

EagleGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: 2013-07-14 21:56:54 »
It sounds like you have Compress Textures enabled. This will create a texture cache that fluctuates as you play.
Should I be worried that I don't have Compress Textures enabled and this still happens?

Hopenosis

• View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: 2013-07-14 22:20:39 »
Hiya, you're using the wrong driver, I think. So you've had to turn shaders off. Amazing it's working at all. Use the 13.5beta2 installer to UNINSTALL first, do a system restart, then use it again to put the drivers on. Turn shaders back on in bootloader config, then go from there.

Thanks for this! My problem seems to be solved, as I actually made it past the Kalm/Nibelheim and saved outside of the Chocobo Ranch. Usually Catalyst lets me know when a new driver is available. "Usually" being the operative word. Maybe because it's a beta? In any case, thanks again.

thepsynergist

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: 2013-07-14 22:30:53 »
Hello. 

I want to thank you in advance for all the wonderful mods you have compiled.  They're very awesome.

Now, to get to the point.  I've been playing with the Nightmare Overhaul conversion that I installed through your lists of mods.  They've been working great, until I get to the part of the game where I'm trying to escape from the reactor meltdown.  After you fight Shinra soldiers, and make your way back up through the elevator, I get stuck after talking to Jesse, and Cloud just moves downward without me pressing any buttons, and won't allow me to continue moving.  This allows the timer to reach 0 and I get a game over.  Is there any way to fix this issue?