Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2435937 times)

Razgriz777

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1350 on: 2013-07-21 19:50:50 »
@Hileict
I can understand you, I had years ago also a dispute here because of something like a False positive.
Until now my PC has survived all

Alternatively, you can use my FF7GameConverter, then you can also manually install all (?) the mods here.
Even without UAC, Antivir, firewall or something disable.

Especially with the Steam release, it is important to specify the paths.

Both the games folder as well as the Temp folder I recommend every 20 GB to have free space.

Ah, and do not use quotes in the pathsboxes ...

LexiPixel

• View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: 2013-07-21 19:52:07 »

I get this screen after the initial logos run. I updated my catalyst drivers to  the ones recommended. Still no dice. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I tried to read as much as I could but there are too many pages to find my specific issue.

Is there any information you need to help me fix this?

EDIT:: Also, I seem to be able to still control the menu. I get some sound, but cannot seem to activate any input beyond up and down. The okay button doesn't seem to do anything.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-21 20:10:30 by LexiPixel »

Razgriz777

• View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: 2013-07-21 21:07:56 »
Ok. After figuring out the issue (thank you for all that helped. I appreciate it) everything seemed to installed with no problem. Now I have the FF7 BootLoader Icon on my desktop.

When starting it, verify the options and then click "Play FF7" it tells me I need the disk.

According to the FAQ section it states that I need to use any disk to pass the "CD" check. Well what do you do if you have the steam version and have no CD as a result? Or do i need to tweak something more? I'm not sure now

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1353 on: 2013-07-21 21:17:25 »
It doesn't matter what version you have because using Bootleg will always convert it to the 1998 version, which was the original CD copies. You will still need to pass the CD check, but it's easy enough with any of the three options stated in the FAQ.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-21 21:18:58 by EQ2Alyza »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: 2013-07-21 21:23:49 »
Ok the Destination Location is left blank. What path do I exactly need to put down here? The location of the game install? Such as E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII?
Yes

Second the FF7 Install image is left blank. What exatly do I need to put here
Can be left empty

Last the temp files entry is blank but this I can put as anything as its just going to temp extract and delete the files after, correct?
Yes

When starting it, verify the options and then click "Play FF7" it tells me I need the disk.

According to the FAQ section it states that I need to use any disk to pass the "CD" check. Well what do you do if you have the steam version and have no CD as a result? Or do i need to tweak something more? I'm not sure now
Rename a USB stick "FF7DISC1", remove the check mark for "automount" and choose the letter of the USB stick (in Bootloaderconfig)

@LexiPixel
Look here

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: 2013-07-21 21:29:32 »
I get this screen after the initial logos run. I updated my catalyst drivers to  the ones recommended. Still no dice. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I tried to read as much as I could but there are too many pages to find my specific issue.
Before you install the 13.5Beta2, it will be necessary to uninstall the current display driver. The 13.5 may not overwrite the current driver.
The Catalyst 13.5Beta2 contains the display driver version 12.102.3.0 from April-16-2013.
You can determine your version by using Device Manager.
Do you have a different version, the 13.5 the previous version has not overwritten.
In this case, please uninstall the display driver separately before you install the 13.5 again.

Zhian

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: 2013-07-21 21:40:16 »
Hey all.

Seem's I am getting an error when attempting to run Bootloader.exe.  This error happens after all installation has been completed (Successfully).  It is the final step in the OP's guide.

There is error code associated with it, which can be viewed from here;

http://pastebin.com/ebBjf106

To add, each .exe is given administrator priveledges.  UAC is off.  Access is granted to the files needing it.  Everything seems normal =/

LexiPixel

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: 2013-07-21 21:50:38 »
Thanks for the response. The FaQ wasn't as detailed with solving my problem as that.

Uninstalled my drivers this time rather than overwriting and the game runs great. Thank you for the response. <3

Problem solved.

Funchal99

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: 2013-07-22 00:24:52 »
I'm sorry if this is a fixed problem already, but I swear I couldn't find the solution in the internet for the life of me (I registered in the forums just to solve this).
So, when the game starts all I get is a blank white screen in what seems to be the intro movie. If I press something after that, it will take me to the menu where I can select a new game, but still with a pretty strong white filter in the image. After that, the screen just goes blank white again.
Does anyone know what to do?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: 2013-07-22 00:38:10 »
I'm sorry if this is a fixed problem already, but I swear I couldn't find the solution in the internet for the life of me (I registered in the forums just to solve this).
So, when the game starts all I get is a blank white screen in what seems to be the intro movie. If I press something after that, it will take me to the menu where I can select a new game, but still with a pretty strong white filter in the image. After that, the screen just goes blank white again.
Think maybe... this needs the "Everything Is Made of Light Fix" which is actually a little hard to research, imo, but these links are from the Big List of Mods, which is another of PitBrat's many gifts to the world.
main.frag
and
main.vert
download those and put them in your game's "nolight" folder in the shaders directory; something like this (my install path):
C:\Games\FFVII\shaders\nolight
Backup the originals please.  :-\
Hope that helps  :)

Edit: Lol I posted busted links.... look below. Thanks Komp, hey whats that bloom3.post? Did you write that?

« Last Edit: 2013-07-22 00:53:05 by Template »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: 2013-07-22 00:48:08 »

FIX :  Everything is made of light  (FF7 + FF8)

ff7_opengl.cfg :  use_shaders = yes

Download these files and copy them to .\shaders\nolightmain.frag   main.vert
(overwrite? => YES)

The links of the Post from UGerstl not work, get this here.
shaders-fix.zip   

hey whats that bloom3.post? Did you write that?
That  found "der aus dem Westen" somewhere (german Forum)
« Last Edit: 2013-07-22 01:00:13 by Kompass63 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: 2013-07-22 01:00:56 »
Seem's I am getting an error when attempting to run Bootloader.exe.  This error happens after all installation has been completed (Successfully).  It is the final step in the OP's guide.
Can you get ff7.exe to run on its own by navigating to the file itself in your game directory?

Funchal99

• View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: 2013-07-22 04:21:03 »
This "Everything is made of light" stuff is exactly my problem, I copied bloom3 and changed the two other files (I ovewrited) but that still doesn't solve the issue....
I noticed that, in my bootloader, everytime I start the game the plugin boxes for the shaders and lightning effects keep turning blank (like no plugin is chosen). Does that help anyone elucidate the problem?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: 2013-07-22 04:58:54 »
This "Everything is made of light" stuff is exactly my problem, I copied bloom3 and changed the two other files (I ovewrited) but that still doesn't solve the issue....
I noticed that, in my bootloader, everytime I start the game the plugin boxes for the shaders and lightning effects keep turning blank (like no plugin is chosen). Does that help anyone elucidate the problem?
The bloom is irrelevant, not sure why it's included, but I'll take a look at it. The important thing is to make sure you overwrite main.frag and main.vert into the shaders\nolight\ folder. not just the shaders folder. Either way it'l ask you to overwrite. In bootloader make sure shaders is checked and postprocessing is unchecked. PBO and VBO should probably be unchecked as well, but you can test those out yourself. If suddenly this fix doesn't work you're the first I've heard about.

Funchal99

• View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: 2013-07-22 05:39:45 »
Just unchecked post-processing and overwrote the files in the shaders folder (before I just overwrote the files in the no light folder), also unchecked vbo and pbo. Still getting the same white screen at the beginning, menu with a lot of white, white screen again...actually, holy crap, I think the problem is something else entirely.
I just left the game running past the white screen and got...this...

What...the...hell? Does it mean some of the pre-rendered environments are missing or something? The game and sound are running normal...

Lambdafish

• View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: 2013-07-22 05:43:22 »
I have a problem that I just cannot figure out. I'm using the 2013 Steam version of FF7 (using SteamMover to move the files), and I have followed the tutorial from step 0, and I cannot get Omza's field pack to work. I have tried the fix in the FAQ and it didn't do anything at all, keeping the default field textures. Most of the other mods in bootleg work, but this one is acting like the files are not there.

As well as this, the title menu has stayed as the default, instead of changing to the custom one that I chose, and the UI has become slightly glitched (I can live with it, but if there is a fix I would love to know).

If anyone can help, I really appreciate it.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: 2013-07-22 05:54:49 »
Edit: Didn't see your other posts.

Zhian

• View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: 2013-07-22 06:18:54 »
Can you get ff7.exe to run on its own by navigating to the file itself in your game directory?

I apologize, it seems a restart fixed the issue. Turned it on this morning to see if I could run it from the "ff7.exe", decided to try Bootloader again out of curiosity and it worked.  I have no idea why, but working in an IT profession myself I really should have tried a restart first!!

Possibly an issue with Administrator options not kicking in until restarted, who knows.

It seems to boot up anyway, I will keep you informed if anything else kicks up.  Thanks for the help :)

cain9696

• View Profile
Bootleg gameplay bug
« Reply #1368 on: 2013-07-22 07:22:27 »
 :( hey just reporting a  game play bug since i couldn't find it listed. I defeated the first boss, and as i was escaping i got back to the 2 doors you have to go through to get out and the girl opened one and closed as i was approaching it and i got stuck unable to move. Besides that everything is working just fine just gotta redo the boss since i didn't save lol.

Template

• View Profile
Re: Bootleg gameplay bug
« Reply #1369 on: 2013-07-22 11:40:10 »
:( hey just reporting a  game play bug since i couldn't find it listed. I defeated the first boss, and as i was escaping i got back to the 2 doors you have to go through to get out and the girl opened one and closed as i was approaching it and i got stuck unable to move. Besides that everything is working just fine just gotta redo the boss since i didn't save lol.
That's a new one for me. Please let us know if you run into any further strange bugs, because something may be going on.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: 2013-07-22 12:35:20 »
@Funchal99
Please refer to whether "[Gamedir]\shaders\nolight\main.frag" has a manipulationdate in 2011 or 2012.

You may also need to empty the cache folders, one in "[Gamedir]\mods\Bootleg\cache" other in "[Gamedir]\cache". (or turn off "Compress Textures")

I have a problem that I just cannot figure out. I'm using the 2013 Steam version of FF7 (using SteamMover to move the files), and I have followed the tutorial from step 0, and I cannot get Omza's field pack to work. I have tried the fix in the FAQ and it didn't do anything at all, keeping the default field textures. Most of the other mods in bootleg work, but this one is acting like the files are not there.

As well as this, the title menu has stayed as the default, instead of changing to the custom one that I chose, and the UI has become slightly glitched (I can live with it, but if there is a fix I would love to know).

If anyone can help, I really appreciate it.
I'm not sure if my GC works correctly with "SteamMover" together.
Please open "FF7_GC.log" and look at the end if there "Zielpfad ist:" contains the path to the moved folder. (or post the log here)
Please report it here so I know that in the future.

If you have Omzy later installed, you may see two folders in the folder "mods".
Move the contents of "FacePalmer" to "Bootleg" and make sure that "Bootleg" is registered in bootloader as "Mod Path".

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: 2013-07-22 14:30:59 »
The new beta driver of Nvidia makes every texture white.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: 2013-07-22 14:54:50 »
The new beta driver of Nvidia makes every texture white.
The strikes come closer and closer ...

last solution, turn shader off...

Lambdafish

• View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: 2013-07-22 15:41:38 »
I'm not sure if my GC works correctly with "SteamMover" together.
Please open "FF7_GC.log" and look at the end if there "Zielpfad ist:" contains the path to the moved folder. (or post the log here)
Please report it here so I know that in the future.

If you have Omzy later installed, you may see two folders in the folder "mods".
Move the contents of "FacePalmer" to "Bootleg" and make sure that "Bootleg" is registered in bootloader as "Mod Path".

Zielpfad  ist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII

It seems that its installed it to the default steam folder rather than the moved folder. Is there any way to fix this? (maybe an alternative to Steam Mover). As for Omzy's field mod,  I installed it as part of bootleg, and also afterwards as per instruction of the FAQ, overwriting the original field folder within bootleg, so as far as I know, that should all be correct.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: 2013-07-22 16:29:15 »
Zielpfad  ist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII

It seems that its installed it to the default steam folder rather than the moved folder. Is there any way to fix this? (maybe an alternative to Steam Mover). As for Omzy's field mod,  I installed it as part of bootleg, and also afterwards as per instruction of the FAQ, overwriting the original field folder within bootleg, so as far as I know, that should all be correct.
An alternative you can read here.
The Steam Mover moves the files, but does not fit into the registry.
I would therefore classify it as a concern. In particular, therefore, because the moved folder are not expected to be uninstalled.

But because most still works, just leave it there ...