Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2435897 times)

Sythik Mime

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2225 on: 2014-04-30 12:01:53 »
also would be nice if anyone can direct me to any sites/links that i could sample what the music mods available here sound like.

Sythik Mime

• View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: 2014-04-30 14:20:01 »
ok i took it down then and ill remember not to post things like that here
« Last Edit: 2014-04-30 16:20:31 by Sythik Mime »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2227 on: 2014-04-30 14:39:36 »
His model parts are ripped from other FF games, so we can't support them here. I think the reason the legs are strangely bent is because some bones in the legs were placed backwards. The only way to get what you want would be to figure out how to rotate them yourself, but please never share those results here. Links will be taken down immediately.

A big reason why this site remains active and alive is because we simply can't support mods such as that, for obvious copyright reasons.

manta

• View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: 2014-04-30 20:12:02 »
Ok so I followed the instructions and uninstalled FF7 from steam, I uninstalled the FF7 Music from my control panel, I cleaned my registry with the tool, deleted the whole FF7 installation folder.

I then went into steam re downloaded and installed FF7. I went back through the instructions and followed everything to the T, made sure all the mods I selected we're green and ran the install, it went through the entire installation with no problems or errors of any kind. I mounted FF7 Disc 1 with Daemon Tools, made sure all my configs were correct with graphics, sound, MIDI, left all the settings in the bootloader config as default, clicked Play FF7, launches to a black screen and FF7.exe has stopped working!!!! I'm beyond frustrated as this makes no sense what so ever, I just want to get this stupid thing working!! Here's my APP Log again. It seems to be the same APP Log as before and messes up on the sound for some stupid reason. I have no idea what driver I'm suppose to update for the sound, I have my PC connected to my TV and the sound is being supplied via HDMI which goes from my video card via monitor cable and on the other end of the cable is an HDMI which is hooked up to my LG receiver which outputs my PC sound through my surround sound system. I updated my video card driver to the newest driver which is beta? Please help me get this to work.....

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 4.4.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (coffee) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file D:\SSF_012_beta_R3\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized

EDIT: So I tried hooking my PC up where it usually is with a seperate sound source with an optical hook up to my logitech sound system and I'm still getting the FF7.exe crash and the APP log is the exact same thing, ending with "sound initialized" could this be something to do with the music i'm selecting in the BFE? I just left on the default sound choice in BFE. I'm so lost and stuck at this point and frustrated. Please help.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-30 21:56:02 by manta »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: 2014-05-01 01:21:41 »
Have you tried to start the game after my GameConverter but before bootleg?

manta

• View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: 2014-05-01 01:32:24 »
Have you tried to start the game after my GameConverter but before bootleg?

Hmmmm I'm not really sure what you mean?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: 2014-05-01 02:11:51 »
He means to do STEP 1, then start the game before continuing. Need to see if your game starts up after converting but before modding.

manta

• View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: 2014-05-01 02:12:24 »
He means to do STEP 1, then start the game before continuing. Need to see if your game starts up after converting but before modding.

Oh so I should uninstall everything again?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: 2014-05-01 07:43:25 »
To find out whether your problems at the GC or bootleg is, that would be helpful.
The modifications to the game are very extensive.
In order to find bugs, it is useful to make the modifications in small steps and in between to test, from when the error occurs.

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: 2014-05-02 21:56:05 »
another graphical bug I found

Daichou fire cave's fire seem to not die out when Leviathan scales were used, though it's just cosmetic as I was able to walk in and get the items.

Esther the chocobo manager seem to be in the unaltered original model, with the hammer arms and blocky body, is that normal?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: 2014-05-02 22:49:17 »
Esther the chocobo manager seem to be in the unaltered original model, with the hammer arms and blocky body, is that normal?
Bootleg isn't up to date. The model is done, but not included in the latest build of it.

manta

• View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: 2014-05-03 20:06:00 »
To find out whether your problems at the GC or bootleg is, that would be helpful.
The modifications to the game are very extensive.
In order to find bugs, it is useful to make the modifications in small steps and in between to test, from when the error occurs.

Ok just got a chance to sit down and try this again. I uninstalled everything again, re downloaded and re installed Final Fantasy 7 in steam, ran the game converter and it went through fine, I said No to the laptop Keyboard thing since I'm on a PC. I'm not clear where I should try launching the game from? There is a Final Fantasy 7 launch shortcut on my desktop which I tried launching from and all that does is go to a black screen and then back to desktop with no errors. If I try to launch it within the steam folder same issue black screen and no errors BUT if I try to launch the game from steam it works perfectly fine. Is this right?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: 2014-05-03 21:31:40 »
There is a Final Fantasy 7 launch shortcut on my desktop which I tried launching from and all that does is go to a black screen and then back to desktop with no errors.
This is bad :(
Actually, the game should work so already.

Please search in the Games folder the file 'FF7_GC.log' and post it in here.
Has been started once FF7Config during the conversion?

manta

• View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: 2014-05-04 01:51:29 »
Yes the config came up during the game conversion one time and all the settings looked fine. Here's the log:

FF7 GameConverter, Version Bootleg Configurator
Creator: Kompass63
Editor: EQ2Alyza

Start running at    Date: 2014-05-03    Time: 15:55:01.39
Active code page: 437
ActualPath C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000

You are running "Windows 8 Pro" on a 64 Bit Operating System (AMD64)
Real Management 32Bit WOW64

This patch is not yet applied.

Steam is installed in "D:\SSF_012_beta_R3\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII"

Installation path found at...

"D:\SSF_012_beta_R3\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII"

If an installation path IS found, press ENTER.
If an installation path IN NOT found, TYPE IT IN and press ENTER.

Copying Registry Keys...
Removed CompatFlags from "ff7.exe"
Removed CompatFlags from "ff7config.exe"

Set own Registry Keys...

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\GameConverterkeys

Setting language to en...

Detecting drive letter for FF7 Discs...

Drive letter for FF7 Discs     G:\

Movies path found at...

"D:\SSF_012_beta_R3\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies\"
Copying English Files...

Copying 1.02 patch for ff7.exe...

Copying Aali's Custom Driver, version 0.7.11b...

Creating Final Fantasy VII Icon...

Creating FF7Config Icon...

Adding more Registry Keys...
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\Graphics
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\MIDI
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\Sound
Adding Registry Key to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FF7app.exe

Please check over the settings for FF7Config...

1) Graphics tab should have "Custom driver" set for the Renderer.
2) Sound tab should have a Sound device set.
3) Perform the Sound and MIDI tests.

Adding UAC Registry Keys to HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.

Inserting Multi.dll, Hext.dll, and Languagefile...

Patching FF7anyCDv2...

Install the Laptop Keypad patch?
(Only necessary if keyboard does NOT have a NUMPAD)
NO

Installation complete.

called with ""C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\FF7_GameConverter_BC.bat""
Arguments: "C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\FF7_GameConverter_BC.bat"

PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:          x86
PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432:          AMD64
Actual Path:                     C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000
Product Name:                    Windows 8 Pro
Architecture:                    AMD64
Running in Modus                 32Bit WOW64
OS Bit Version                   64
Reg-Keyname Steam                HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 39140
Reg-Keyname Re-Release           HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{141B8BA9-BFFD-4635-AF64-078E31010EC3}_is1
Reg-Keyname 1                    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.
Reg-Keyname 2                    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FF7app.exe
Reg-Keyname 3                    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.
Steam Release is present:        Yes
Steam Release Path:              D:\SSF_012_beta_R3\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII
Re-Release is present:           
Re-Release Path:                 
Original Release is present:     
Original Release Path:           
Destination Path:                D:\SSF_012_beta_R3\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII
Source Path:                     D:\SSF_012_beta_R3\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII
Videos Path:                     D:\SSF_012_beta_R3\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies
Original Videos Path:             
Original Language                en
Converted Language               en
Original Drive Letter:           
Converted Drive Letter:          G:\
and now clear up Variables...
Ending at           Date: 2014-05-03    Time: 15:56:13.54

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: 2014-05-04 08:25:35 »
Bootleg isn't up to date. The model is done, but not included in the latest build of it.

ah I see, so when is the latest one going to come out?

Sythik Mime

• View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: 2014-05-04 10:30:29 »
i came across something in game, its around the part where your doing the squatting to win the wig for the disguise. when you do the squats they give you 30 secs, but the timer just blew through in like 5-10 secs. when i first did it, it worked normally but after i messed up and restarted the timer just starting blazing through really fast.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-04 10:33:36 by Sythik Mime »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: 2014-05-04 14:14:55 »
ah I see, so when is the latest one going to come out?

There is not ETA. Summer is around the corner, so Vgr is out of school and I'm out of work (teacher). Something may get done in the next few months.

i came across something in game, its around the part where your doing the squatting to win the wig for the disguise. when you do the squats they give you 30 secs, but the timer just blew through in like 5-10 secs. when i first did it, it worked normally but after i messed up and restarted the timer just starting blazing through really fast.

Go to Bootloader Configure and check the box for Minigame Limiter.

manta

• View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: 2014-05-04 19:04:53 »
Anymore help with my issue? I really really really want to get this working, I wan to play with these mods so badly!

Sythik Mime

• View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: 2014-05-04 20:16:08 »
k that fixed the problem thank you ^-^. now i have another strange issue lols this one is kinda funny. ive gotten to the part where im supposed to fight the sample h0512, in case you dont know, the first boss fight that i get to use redxiii. the problem is that the boss i just mentioned is completely skipped. im supposed to be fighting that thing in the lab. instead im set up to fight the hundred gunner on the elevator and funny enough when i kill the boss. rufus and his dark nation come out in the same boss fight floating in between the elevators lols and i havent even officially gotten to rufus yet much less even met him. an interesting issue id say. perhaps i applied a mod that gave it this kind of effect? or maybe there was a selection that made this happen?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: 2014-05-04 20:52:05 »
k that fixed the problem thank you ^-^. now i have another strange issue lols this one is kinda funny. ive gotten to the part where im supposed to fight the sample h0512, in case you dont know, the first boss fight that i get to use redxiii. the problem is that the boss i just mentioned is completely skipped. im supposed to be fighting that thing in the lab. instead im set up to fight the hundred gunner on the elevator and funny enough when i kill the boss. rufus and his dark nation come out in the same boss fight floating in between the elevators lols and i havent even officially gotten to rufus yet much less even met him. an interesting issue id say. perhaps i applied a mod that gave it this kind of effect? or maybe there was a selection that made this happen?

Are you using Mode Switching?

Sythik Mime

• View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: 2014-05-04 20:54:40 »
mode switching? im not exactly sure what that is or how to use it.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: 2014-05-04 21:00:35 »
It's a difficulty mod you choose in the BFE. You should see a drop-down menu in Bootloader that allows you to choose various difficulty modes. That bug has been reported many times before and always lines up with having Mode Switching chosen as the difficulty mode.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: 2014-05-04 21:33:30 »
@ manta

I can discover nothing faulty in your FF7_GC.log unfortunately.

You can try to start FF7 with admin rights.
You can try to update your drivers for sound and/or graphics (so that it has sometimes been a problem).
You can try to start again FF7Config.

You can try to remove the Game Converter (start again and then choose 'Uninstall everything?') and then install bootleg (without GC).

If anything of these work, please get back here so we can fix the error.

manta

• View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: 2014-05-04 21:42:46 »
@ manta

I can discover nothing faulty in your FF7_GC.log unfortunately.

You can try to start FF7 with admin rights.
You can try to update your drivers for sound and/or graphics (so that it has sometimes been a problem).
You can try to start again FF7Config.

You can try to remove the Game Converter (start again and then choose 'Uninstall everything?') and then install bootleg (without GC).

If anything of these work, please get back here so we can fix the error.

I've tried the admin rights and it doesn't work, I have my video card drivers and sound drivers up to date. What do you mean by starting up FF7Config again? I can run FF7Config fine. Actually the last time I had all the mods installed I had forgotten about the game converter so that still didn't work.

I'm gonna try installing it on my laptop and see if that works. Is it maybe an issue with Windows 8? Because the only difference between my friend's install and mine is he's on Windows 7 and used a preset mod config where as I have Windows 8 and customized all the mods to my liking. Also I did not download any of the mods myself, he had all the mods 16.9GB I believe and put it on a USB stick and gave them to me. the only stuff I downloaded was the ISO, the game converter and I think that's it.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-04 21:45:27 by manta »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: 2014-05-04 21:48:34 »
I have tested the GC also with Win 8.0, but was long time ago.
Maybe it helps the Win7 compatibility mode to switch on...