Author Topic: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud  (Read 228741 times)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud
« Reply #25 on: 2010-11-24 11:27:48 »
judging by your doom models i assume your involved with one of the newer opengl ports. i play skulltag a bit...strange how such and old game is still just as fun as newer multiplayer shooters. which port are you desiging them for?

Cloudef

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-11-24 14:05:20 »
Seriously, how do people learn to UVW map and texture :P I can model pretty well objects that are not humanoid (I've done few human characters but they're not that good, bad poly flow and heads always tend to suck)

Anyways, I recently modeled the swords Shelke uses in Dirge Of Cerberus, I'm quite happy with the model. But when it comes to uvw mapping or texturing, I'll never seem to get it right. Guess I just need to stay in programming.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-11-24 16:49:47 »
Does it work having the normals in the same map like that apz? From what I understand of the way the driver works it needs to be in its own image file.

They are two separate files silly  :) I just put them there to show off.
judging by your doom models i assume your involved with one of the newer opengl ports. i play skulltag a bit...strange how such and old game is still just as fun as newer multiplayer shooters. which port are you desiging them for?

Ummm... They aren't for a mod. Although I must say I've had more to do in the Doom community than this one in the past. They're for a project that ultimately will result in maybe a 3 minute short video.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-11-24 19:06:13 »
So we won't ever be seeing them in doom for the community? That's unfortunate if so because your imp doom model seems pretty faithful to the original, and most custom doom models suck ass horrendously.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-11-24 19:38:02 »
So we won't ever be seeing them in doom for the community? That's unfortunate if so because your imp doom model seems pretty faithful to the original, and most custom doom models suck ass horrendously.

Don't think I haven't thought about it, but I don't want to make any more promises than I already have.  The easiest way to get it out there is a Doom 3 mod, I've done it before, but... yet again... Probably not. I still have a sour taste in my mouth from those days... Not against the game but the viciousness of the nerd-rage in that community. I'm surprised my transgressions here were handled with humility and calm words. (If you were to ask me why I did it, I don't really have an answer, it just just a quick lazy fix I guess)
« Last Edit: 2012-08-26 05:44:22 by apz freak »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-11-25 04:08:45 »
BUSTER SWORD IS DONE!!!

It only took me 3 days of a few hours here and there to make. It's identical in proportion and exact in every tiny detail. Do you guys approve? It's just a Diffuse map, Specular, and Normal. 432 Tri poly's. I could go lower, but I don't have any reason to set a limit.

There... 100% generated by me! Here's all my materials, 512x512 each, I've got nothing to hide  ;) Learn what you will, comment and tell me what you think I need to improve on. (Come on Timu, I miss your criticism) What ever you like.

edit: Also note that you can see a list of all my progress updates on the first post of this thread.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-25 07:35:16 by apz freak »

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-11-25 09:19:46 »
Sword looks awesome.
Just hope you can reproduce Cloud from that pictures. Love the face he has on those pics but usually people can't reproduce it.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-11-27 14:39:33 »
i modeled clouds face ages ago, never ended up texturing it, but i found i was pretty accurate. As to the sword apz, i'm very impressed. admittedly, i can't really find anything wrong with it. You make great use of your maps, and have great attention to detail.

I do wonder why  you doubled up the texture for both sides of the sword. the differences in detail are rather negligible imo.
When yer done yer cloud model I wanna steal it to animate :P

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-11-27 18:45:59 »
Well I only did it originally because I was gonna bake unique shadows. Plus I figured.... eh!? How else am I gonna use up a whole square?

The low poly version will have a 128x256 targa... probably for use in field... if i ever get around to it

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-11-27 19:45:43 »
sword looks great! keep up the good work ;D

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #35 on: 2010-11-28 04:23:18 »
I'll go and proceed to slice a few pieces of awesome with the sword

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-11-30 09:16:33 »
i modeled clouds face ages ago, never ended up texturing it
May I see a picture of it? I promise not to steal it  ;) No I've made my own base meshes by now, to cannibalize at will

When yer done yer cloud model I wanna steal it to animate :P
Those are the kinds of thing I like to hear  ;) You see though... I'll be modeling more than one version. A high and low for baking purposes, sure... But another one with edge loops specifically for fast rendering character animation. A static mesh that'll never be deformed only needs contour detail, the rest can be handled with texture. But an animated character needs enough detail to emote properly. I learned that people'll buy the lack of exactness if you can get them to believe the performance. But mimicking reality causes people to examine with the left side of the brain, they can't tell you what's wrong, only that it IS wrong. It's up to us as digital artists to take the right brain information and categorize it into our left brain so that we can spot the differences (Example: Sunlight is yellow and Skylight is blue)
« Last Edit: 2010-11-30 20:15:14 by apz freak »

Soul

• "I'll take a potato chip AND EAT IT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-12-05 03:16:06 »
~Bump. Any updates? Sorry if i'm violating any rules right now. It's been year's since i left the world this forums and Final Fantasy VII. But yet again, im going back to play this Epic Game. I deleted all of the files i needed to play it again, including the Apz Cloud. Too bad the download link was remove though. But i'm going to expect alot from this Canon Cloud.  :D

And i have red that the Buster Sword is done right? Is your work going to be released? Or is it for our eyes only? If you will release it, Can i make a suggestion?  :) Can you make Canon Cloud in a 1st Class Suit? The Black One.

Again, I'm happy to be back here in this forums. I see that alot has changed, but i'll try to cope up with everything i've missed.  ;)

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-12-05 03:31:35 »
Yes it will be release!!! I owe to to you guys, people like you Tetsujin  ;) who appreciated my work far more than I ever could have asked, to make a better one with all the knowledge and skills I have acquired in the last 2 years. For you see... I failed you guys by incorporating a texture ripped straight from the Dissidia game... It wasn't against the rules at the time, but still... It was laziness that I used it, and laziness that I couldn't be bothered to change it once the rules came into effect.

Yes I want to do different alternate colors (Like all the SOLDIER class colors and Dark Cloud [Like Dark Link] ) But only if the rules allow such a thing and if the moderators give it a pass.

I even have an altogether alternate Cloud sketched out (The way Dissidia is different) but entirely my own, if I ever get around to it... Doesn't have to be released, just to look at if I do.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-12-05 03:38:26 »
I don't see any issue with you making alternate costumes. As long as they are all original of course.

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-12-05 04:23:34 »
Good News then! :) Coz i had a hard time changing the color of the model you made the last time. I dont even know how to start.  :P Well, Good Luck on your modelling and keep up the good work! The Apz cloud was really really great. Even if you ripped the face from other model, its not only the face thats makes up a good cloud right?  :) More power to you and to this kewl forums!

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-12-05 05:33:23 »
Alright then! Alternate costume is a definite maybe!  ;D I haven't worked on anything yet, school work of course. But I've drawn on pictures of Cloud to find the edge loops and how they flow. I'll post my process so you guys can see what pro's actually do when they study faces!

And Tetsujin... Yes the face  :) But I did not rip the model, merely made my own approximation and copied the texture of the face

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-12-05 11:35:56 »
Apz, could you please try to make AC costume for Cloud too?
That would be so full of epicness awesomeness!

http://thelifestream.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/cloud-strife-render-ac.png
http://thelifestream.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/cloud-advent-children.png
http://thelifestream.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/cloud-advent-children-complete.png

I know sword is different but i guess i like more the original one anyway.

And maybe a darker recolor of the suit, in place of the original purple, kinda like:
http://ut3.gamersmafia.com/storage/download/0/79796922nv7.jpg

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010-12-05 11:49:12 »
@ APZ
My mistake then. Ohh, I cant wait for the new cloud.

@Nightmarish
I think I saw someone completed an Advent Children Cloud here somewhere. The one made by Kula_Wende. I dont know where it is now though. And it also has a battle and field model. The field model needs abit more tweeking coz its rather small. But the battle model's perfect. It has a sword too. Check it here and ask the guys where can you locate the download links. Because its usually on the first page. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10022.575

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #44 on: 2010-12-05 16:22:30 »
@ APZ
My mistake then. Ohh, I cant wait for the new cloud.

@Nightmarish
I think I saw someone completed an Advent Children Cloud here somewhere. The one made by Kula_Wende. I dont know where it is now though. And it also has a battle and field model. The field model needs abit more tweeking coz its rather small. But the battle model's perfect. It has a sword too. Check it here and ask the guys where can you locate the download links. Because its usually on the first page. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10022.575

Those models were at least partially ripped from other stuff so I'm pretty sure you can't get them anymore. Kula wende was also banned iirc, for his ff7-2 site. The download link was removed for said reason I believe.

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010-12-05 16:43:00 »
Oh, so it was partially ripped eh? He said he made it. Make some updates from scratch to finish. Well, I think he was banned for a reason then.  :)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-12-06 02:09:43 »
This is what i was talking about apz, not quite as exact as i rmmbr, but given the utter lack of textures, could fill in just fine methinks.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010-12-06 03:50:25 »
Nah man that's great! Really awesome, the question is... did you set the edge loops  ;) (Just pickin on ya cause you're awesome and I appreciate ya, you know that! Please excuse me, for the alchohol in me makes me all sappy  :roll: )

And I wonder... Is this based on the KH2 facial proportions or based on Advent Children? The very large eyes seem all the larger without textures I guess
« Last Edit: 2010-12-06 04:15:22 by apz freak »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010-12-06 13:01:48 »
I dont have the file on this computer to show a wireframe, but the edgeloops are good, something like this.

The proportions were based on advent children, hence it being somewhat relevant to your canon cloud. (I also used the mesh untextured from advent children - found a magazine scane of it somewhere as major reference)

btw u started clouds mesh yet?

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010-12-08 12:09:10 »
Woah! Looks like Ashisogi Jizo, Mayuri Kurotsuchi's Zanpakuto in bleach.  ;D

@topic:
Any updates about Canon Cloud guys? :)