Author Topic: [PSX/PC] kernel.bin data editor - Doomtrain (v1.0.1)  (Read 58052 times)

Truechimaera

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] kernel.bin data editor - Doomtrain (v1.0.1)
« Reply #75 on: 2021-01-10 01:01:03 »
Does this work for the steam Remastered version?  I've been trying to get it to work, but I just can't figure out how.  If it is possible, could someone post step by step instructions?

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #76 on: 2021-02-08 10:54:46 »
you need maki's Demaster and Deling editor.
-Unpack the game using Maki's Demaster tool you should have a folder name DEMASTER_EXP

-Using deling editor locate the main.fs file under DEMASTER_EXP\data\lang-en (assuming your laguage is english) and open the file
-On the deling editor open the eng folder and locate the kernel.bin file . double click it to extract
- you Can now use doomtrain to edit the kernel.bin file
- make a back-up of the kernel.bin file before opening it using Doomtrain.

to make it work in the game you need to replace the kernel.bin with the edited one on the main.fs file you opened earlier.

MysticLord

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2021-04-11 06:14:29 »
How do I extract the relevant file from /FF8DISK1.IMG, which I assume is a custom archive format SE used?

homersimson

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2022-04-13 21:23:45 »
hi , does the kernel.bin contain also the data of the auto-status abilities ? because by editing those we can set auto-holy war, auto-triple, auto-aura, and if the kernel file contain it , we can even make sure that the aura set the crisis to the maximum level, also , this game deserve the same attention and care in regard of modding programs that are given to final fantasy 9 , infact all the modders here should cooperate in order to have a unique program that comprehend all the functions of the modding programs that are currently separated

homersimson

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2022-04-17 09:17:32 »
as ever , none fucking reply to the questions , fuck you

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2022-04-17 10:48:26 »
as ever , none fucking reply to the questions , fuck you

I don't know if you've noticed, but I'll clue you in on a couple things.

1. The forum isn't a lively as it once was. It has largely been replaced by our discord server. You'd find help there a lot faster (if not nearly instantly) than here.

2. An extension of 1. The author of this program hasn't logged into the site since March 29. If you insist on using the forums for help, have some patience and wait a little longer than 4 days. Hell, the last reply in this thread was a year ago.

3. No, fuck you. If I knew the answer to your question, I'd be disinclined to respond after that and I hope anyone else feels the same... Get muted for a while.

Welcome to the forum, btw.  :wink:
« Last Edit: 2022-04-17 10:53:52 by Bonez »

darknesshah66

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2022-04-25 10:19:58 »
Hey I got problem with Rinoa's Angelo Limits hitting multiple times after ticking "break damage limit" on them. I don't know why this is happening. I'd just want them to go over 10k in late and not stop at 10k when there'd be potential for more damage. I was able to make Irvine's limits break the damage limit no problem but I got problem with Rinoa. Can anyone help me out?

albert

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2022-07-13 10:48:57 »
Hey I got problem with Rinoa's Angelo Limits hitting multiple times after ticking "break damage limit" on them. I don't know why this is happening. I'd just want them to go over 10k in late and not stop at 10k when there'd be potential for more damage. I was able to make Irvine's limits break the damage limit no problem but I got problem with Rinoa. Can anyone help me out?
Do not ticking "break damage limit" on Rinoa and Zell's limits, It is useless but make a unknown bug.
There is a lot of rules didn't shown on tips, some options related to other files, It's not only effect by kernel.bin.

NicoChirry

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2023-05-30 19:02:10 »
Hi there hope someone can help, im trying to change squalls limit renzokuken to Seifers no mercy but only way I can do so is by changing limit ID under character tab to Seifers (17) but when I try using it in game I can select fire cross but doesn’t let me select no mercy (nothing shows up) hope I’ve explained it correctly.

albert

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2023-06-12 10:14:40 »
Hi there hope someone can help, im trying to change squalls limit renzokuken to Seifers no mercy but only way I can do so is by changing limit ID under character tab to Seifers (17) but when I try using it in game I can select fire cross but doesn’t let me select no mercy (nothing shows up) hope I’ve explained it correctly.

Emmmm, I guess you must adjust Anime ID at the same time, each Character has a unique anime ID for their limit break, otherwise it will gonna has some trouble when it doesn't fit with wrong ID and wrong data.

NicoChirry

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2023-06-12 12:23:21 »
Got this working, had to change fire cross ability under ability commands in doomtrain by ticking the second bottom box and second last bottom box unknown flags same as renzokuken, then changed squalls limit I’d under character tab to 17 (fire cross) this allows me to select fire cross and he does the limit without having sub menu (where u click no mercy)

GamberoBallante

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2023-07-05 15:47:39 »

Attack Flags don't work correctly because the byte structure in kernel.bin of Zell's and Rinoa's limits are different from the others. I found a fix for just for Zell's Limit but is similar for Rinoa's limit i guess. You just need an editor like HexEd.
As documented in wiki Zell's duel moves start at 0x48B8 and each move consists of 32 bytes. The byte that represents Attack Flags is the 12th instead of the 9th as is said in the Documentation. So you need to leave the default attack flags in Doomtrain and then go to the 12th byte of each move and change it. In particular if you want to break the damage limit you have to set it to 08.
« Last Edit: 2023-08-28 12:49:04 by GamberoBallante »

WilliamBunch

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2023-07-11 14:06:25 »
Thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: 2023-07-24 12:47:07 by WilliamBunch »

albert

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2023-07-28 14:07:48 »
Attack Flags don't work correctly because the byte structure in kernel.bin of Zell's and Rinoa's limits are different from the others. I found a fix for just for Zell's Limit but is similar for Rinoa's limit i guess. You just need an editor like https://hexed.it/.
As documented in https://github.com/DarkShinryu/doomtrain/wiki/Duel-%28Zell-limit-break%29 Zell's duel moves start at 0x48B8 and each move consists of 32 bytes. The byte that represents Attack Flags is the 12th instead of the 9th as is said in the Documentation. So you need to leave the default attack flags in Doomtrain and then go to the 12th byte of each move and change it. In particular if you want to break the damage limit you have to set it to 08.

Good work, another question: How about quists's hit count of her limitbreak, I've saw someone edit to mutiple hit for her but I don't know about the address, do you know it? :)

albert

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2023-07-29 13:53:00 »
Attack Flags don't work correctly because the byte structure in kernel.bin of Zell's and Rinoa's limits are different from the others. I found a fix for just for Zell's Limit but is similar for Rinoa's limit i guess. You just need an editor like https://hexed.it/.
As documented in https://github.com/DarkShinryu/doomtrain/wiki/Duel-%28Zell-limit-break%29 Zell's duel moves start at 0x48B8 and each move consists of 32 bytes. The byte that represents Attack Flags is the 12th instead of the 9th as is said in the Documentation. So you need to leave the default attack flags in Doomtrain and then go to the 12th byte of each move and change it. In particular if you want to break the damage limit you have to set it to 08.

I got the address of Hitcount for Quistis, Quistis Blue magic, At Section Structure, 0x000B 1 byte Unknown is for Hitcount, but can not over 3Hit, it is familiar as AOE attack can not exceed 3 Hitcount unless use random target. Next time I'll try which one is random target switch.

albert

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2023-07-30 02:47:19 »

I got the address of target info for Quistis, Quistis Blue magic., At Section Structure, 0x0009 1 byte Unknown is for target info

miruss89

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2023-08-09 13:59:04 »

Can anybody recompile the editor with the new updated findings?

GamberoBallante

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2023-08-21 08:55:21 »
I forked the original repo as the owners were no longer active. If anyone has information on the kernel structure please pm me so I can update the editor. Here i leave the links for the repo and the new exe with Zell duel attack flags problem fixed.

Repository
Doomtrain v1.0.2 download

albert

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2023-08-25 19:28:25 »
I forked the original repo as the owners were no longer active. If anyone has information on the kernel structure please pm me so I can update the editor. Here i leave the links for the repo and the new exe with Zell duel attack flags problem fixed.

Repository
Doomtrain v1.0.2 download

Good work bro, do you ever update Quistis limit break info that I show it above? :)

GamberoBallante

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2023-08-29 10:21:06 »
Thanks to albert's information i have updated the editor (and the wiki).
v1.0.3 Changelog
- Added Quistis Blue Magic Hit Count
- Added Quistis Blue Magic Target Info

If anyone finds bugs or new information about unknown flags, please let me know in this thread or in PM so I can update the editor.

Download v1.0.3
Wiki

albert

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2023-08-30 16:02:45 »
v1.0.3 Changelog

If anyone finds bugs or new information about unknown flags, please let me know in this thread or in PM so I can update the editor.

Download v1.0.3
Wiki

Good work, there are more information I can offer to you.

Battle command, that target as shown as DEC, when you transform it to BIN you will know that is target info.
Rinoa's limit break part I, that target as shown also as DEC, we can transform it as target info too.
Attack flags of Rinoa's limit break part II, also wrong as Zell, it actually offset is 0x0009 1 byte Unknown, not 0x0008.
GF also have target info and hitcount, junctionable GF target info offset is 0x0009 1 byte, and hitcount offset is 0x000C 1 byte. Non junctionable GF target info offset is 0x0007 1 byte, hit count offset is 0x000A 1 byte.

That's all I've got as aboved, if anything new I find, I'll let you know.

I believe that Quistis limit break also have element attack %, but I don't find it out yet.

« Last Edit: 2023-08-31 00:00:30 by albert »

miruss89

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2023-09-07 14:50:44 »
v1.0.3 Changelog

Download v1.0.3
Wiki

Thank you so much bro.  :cry:

Plectro

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2023-09-13 20:47:25 »

Hey I have found a few issues with the wiki info.

Zell's Duel Parameters section: https://github.com/DarkShinryu/doomtrain/wiki/Zell-limit-break-parameters
on the wiki says it's 64 bytes, but it's actually 100 bytes long (which happens to be 0x64 in hexadecimal)

Rinoa's Combine limit break section: https://github.com/DarkShinryu/doomtrain/wiki/Rinoa-limit-breaks-%28part-2%29
Wiki says 33 sections but it has only 5 sections.

Everything else seems to line up okay