Author Topic: [Switch] How to mod?  (Read 6112 times)

The Great Sephiroth

• I have been chosen to be the leader of this Planet
    • View Profile
[Switch] How to mod?
« on: 2021-05-24 22:06:16 »
I want to mod Switch version or rather just replace one (force the game to use another) file. That file is of course KERNEL.BIN. I used LayeredFS method and the same folder structure as other mods (I assume it it correct?) but I deleted all files there and only kept (placed) KERNEL.BIN I want to use. And it is not working (not using it). Do I need to place all the other game files for the game there (even though I do not want to replace them)? Or there is something other that I am doing wrong? BTW I am using newest SX OS on Switch Lite (with SX Lite chip installed) on 10.2 EmuNAND.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-24 22:10:31 by The Great Sephiroth »

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Re: [Switch] How to mod?
« Reply #1 on: 2021-05-25 00:00:56 »
Please show us the folder hierarchy you are using (show us in what folder on the Switch you are putting kernel.bin)

The Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2021-05-25 04:23:08 »
Root of microSD card\sxos\titles\0100A5B00BDC6000\romfs\ff7\workingdir\data\lang-en\kernel\KERNEL.BIN

The Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2021-05-25 23:27:46 »
?

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #4 on: 2021-05-25 23:38:20 »
Root of microSD card\sxos\titles\0100A5B00BDC6000\romfs\ff7\workingdir\data\lang-en\kernel\KERNEL.BIN

This is going to sound crazy but try changing the file to lowercase and see if it works.

At the very least, it should crash if it doesn't like it. If it doesn't crash, there's likely something else entirely going on. You should take other steps to make sure LayeredFS is working as intended.

EDIT: Also, strongly consider upgrading to latest Atmosphere. I used to use sxOS and I promise you it created more problems for me than anything else.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-25 23:40:10 by Fewtch »

The Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2021-05-26 14:29:12 »
When I change it to lower case, the letters are still upper case.

The Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2021-05-28 00:36:33 »
Switched to atmosphere. But still I can't get it to work. But when I downloaded NT mod I found here it worked. But when I want to replace just a single file it does not work. WTF? Seems that this LayeredFS modding is stupid and there is something wrong it. Is there something that could be done about/with it?