Author Topic: chocobo breeding problems  (Read 16732 times)

fabriknos

• View Profile
    • http://www.heavy-industries.net
chocobo breeding problems
« on: 2004-12-06 23:50:51 »
every time i try to breed for a Blue Chocobo, i get a female. this also happened when i was breeding for Green Chocobos. i have tried this in a variety of ways - releasing the old chocobos and replacing them with new ones, mating new chocobos with old ones, and so on. it seems that after you mate a pair once, they won't produce that color again, just yellow. so i have gotten in the habit of replacing the old chocobos first and bringing in new ones, mating them on the spot, still each time it gives me a blue female. if anyone else has experienced this let me know. i even restart the game and restore my game right outside the chocobo ranch and go through the breeding process again and again, hoping the computer will just replace 'female' with 'male' but no luck even doing that ten times in a row. do i simply have to bring more chocobos inside, maybe try mating twice at a time and see if i get a male? well i guess i'll go try that now, but if anyone else has any tips that would rock.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2004-12-07 05:04:21 »
you have to get both green and blue at once, so get 4 yellow chcocbos: A great female, a good female, a great male, and a good female.  Mate teh greats with teh goods WITHOUT LEAVING THE RANCE, and you'll end up with 2 different colored chocobos os 2 different sexes.  Leaving the ranch resets the probability data or something, making it harder to get different chocos or at the very least, the ones you want.

fabriknos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-12-07 06:54:48 »
damn, i was hoping that wasn't the answer, but thanks for that cause i would have been trying this one breed forever. i guess the best bet then is to get the 2 goods + 2 greats and save outside the ranch. will try that now.

fabriknos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2004-12-07 07:13:02 »
one other question, can i save inbetween getting these choco's or do i have to do the entire process in one sweep?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-12-07 13:29:55 »
One sweep for the blue and green.  After that, you can save =)

So save before you go into the barn, get the chocobos, leave the ranch and save =)

And no double-post! *whap!*

Or did you mean saving inbetween gettingt eh good and greats?  If so, then yeah, you cans ave every time you get a new chocobo like that =)

Rememebr, good female + great male, and great female + good male =)

fabriknos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2004-12-07 19:48:40 »
yeah, i meant when on the world map, can i save after sending one of the choco's back to the stable. so the main thing is just to bring all 4 in at once, mate both on the spot, and kablam, nature takes its course! :)

i actually beat the game weeks ago, but decided to go to my last save game before i entered Sephiroth's cave and go back and do everything i hadn't accomplished before the end fight. i've never seen the KOTR summon, so that's going to be bad ass. i also am still missing Mime, HP Absorb and the Master materias, but am close to getting the Masters.

i think i'm going to cry once there's nothing else to do in the game :(

Nanaki

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2004-12-09 12:59:14 »
reading this topic has helped me a lot ....i suck at breeding chocobos

double thanks to you guys

Nanaki^_^

fabriknos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2004-12-10 00:26:08 »
remember to use Carob Nuts when breeding (if you want River, Mountain and eventually Black chocobos) and Sylkis Greens when feeding (gives boosts to all 3 areas - intelligence, speed & stamina). the Greens are expensive but worth it. the Carob Nuts can be found at Wonder Square, or by stealing from that red dragon character named Vlad-something-or-other on any of the northern islands below the Bone Village. good luck.

Nanaki

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2004-12-10 10:11:53 »
character named Vlad-something-or-other on any of the northern islands below the Bone Village. good luck.

Valkaros or vlakaros
something like that Either way raptor thing

plus go to elf island for the zeo nut _ wrong spelling
when got blue + green to get gold Chocobo me thinks

Nanaki ^_^

fabriknos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2004-12-10 18:31:16 »
yeah i have yet to get to the point of needing the zeo nut but i will soon... need to take FF7 breaks now and then ;)

Nanaki

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2004-12-13 09:33:00 »
of course , everyone does, im trying to limit myself to an hour every two days.

i have yet to start chocobo breeding. so im getting all the info that i can get like trying to find the right chocobos :)
and failing to find info...

Nanaki ^_^

Nanaki

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2004-12-17 12:53:48 »
<I know, I know, dont double post>

right here we go... :-?
Chocobo breeding guide (read the whole damn thing too )
well primary rule have a hell of a lot of gil
get at least 4 stalls in chocobo farm fight the vlakaros thing 3 times stealing carob nuts each time. then go to the gobiln island and fight the goblins to steal a zieo nut. next go to the chocobo sage's house and buy 40 sylkis greens from him (money drainer)Equip the chocobo lure materia. get to the chocobo tracks near gold saucer ... get 4 chocobos send all of them to farm,pick the best one.
TIP**- save game before checking your chocobos. if there crap turn off then try again.
next fly to the mideel do the same thing making sure that that chocobo is the opposite Gender to the other one... great/wonderful
choose to mate the chocobos (save before you do) using carob nut
you should get BLUE/GREEN chocobo if not turn off and try again
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
*You must race ALL chocobos to s-class, feed them 10 sylkis greens each , and then mate them
*After you have raced all your new coloured chocobo to s- class & fed it 10 sylkis greens ...its parents should be ready to mate again (using carob nut)
<save before you do it, in case of wrong colour>+ try to get different genders
*Again race this one to s class + feed it 10 sylkis greens. later breed colours (using last carob nut)*poof* black chocobo
*fly to the chocobo sage and buy 20 more sylkis greens. race the black chocobo to s class+feed it 10 sylkis greens
*fly to the tracks in the northen continent chocobo tracks & catch a wonderful chocobo (opp gender to black)race that to s class + feed it 10 sylkis greens
*breed that one with the black one using the ZEIO nut
then...... Gold chocobo i hope (oh save before breeding)
IMPORTANT
you will need a hell of a lot of patience (wrong spelling) believe me, getting the first two chocobos to s-Class is a pain in the a*** :z
here you have it a chocobo breeding guide , and if you once loved them you will now hate them :evil:

Nanaki^_^

SephyCloudyWhatserface_Lil.Yufi

• Yuffie and Vincent... im a split personality
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005-01-05 12:45:42 »
finally you finished it
and i bet typing Chocobo fully each time really annoyed you

Nanaki

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005-01-05 12:48:12 »
so true
and ...
EXTRA INFO
when in a-class then feed 10 sylkis greens to get to s-class
Nanaki ^_^

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005-01-19 02:00:46 »
Does the s-class only work on psx, because I found A-class to be the best and once s-class they wont breed into special chocobos (perhaps worn out??)

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #15 on: 2005-01-19 04:59:50 »
i get s class on the comp easily

Nanaki

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005-01-25 13:04:25 »
sorry not checked this topic in a while
Chrysalis...
                 solution!  a friend told me class didnt matter
 then again he can be right gettin the chocobos to s class just ups the speed and stamina.

also the guide seemed to work for me , minus i took forever for my chocobos to give me a blue chocobo then it ended up to be the same sex as the green etc  :evil:

Lieron... after i trained and fed up my default chocobo it was easy tranin gettin all of my chocos to S-class (with the ps stamina cheat)

Hah  TAEOH eat my choco feathers OR eat my dust muah ha ha _ never mind_

Nanaki ^_^

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005-01-25 14:39:48 »
Getting your chocobo's up ranks in the chocobo races increases your chance of getting the one you want providing of course you have the right chocobo's and nut. It's not necessary but can be fun to play with and you can get some usefull items and alot of gp for buying some stuff in wonder square with it. Also if you race 2 long and 1 short you go up a rank, this is the way i used to do it.

I suppose most people already knew all that but meh there it is for anyone who didn't.

Nanaki

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005-01-26 09:54:30 »
Good point Chesso
 heh my strat was 3 races (long) and get a heck of a lot of gp for battle square (and all of the useful prizes)

Nanaki ^_^

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #19 on: 2005-01-27 02:38:55 »
eh i once read a guide and it just said that raising the class helps to raise the chance of successful breeding

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005-01-27 03:56:12 »
exactly......

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005-01-28 06:04:45 »
here is what I have noticed (pc version)

Getting your chocobos higher class increases chance up to class A (100% chance of green/blue/black/gold chocobo)

On a S class chocobo I have 0% success rate and I put this down to chocobo exhaustion heh, you guys all play the psx version?

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005-01-28 07:12:12 »
Yep ive played both usually when breeding i dont bother with S class as A is enough though i do remember something about that problem way back when i had it on playstation.

kei

Re: chocobo breeding problems
« Reply #23 on: 2009-06-17 18:34:59 »
i always get a male green chocobo when what i want is a female blue chocobo. is there a glitch or something? my yellow chocobos are A class, 6 wins each. i save before breeding as read somewhere online, but everytime i reload the game it's still a male green chocobo. any help with this?

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
Re: chocobo breeding problems
« Reply #24 on: 2009-06-17 22:37:53 »
Maybe you should try having at least one of the parent breeders S Class. It shouldn't really make a difference, but it can't hurt to try.