Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008281 times)

benjaminw6633

• View Profile
My latest fix to ff7.exe to ignore and bypass main registry values has also fixed up R06 to work with Steam's original exe and launcher too.  That's a bonus.

Will that mean we can launch via Steam Link without having to use a shortcut?

Thanks for all the hard work!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Deadlines definitely not my forte.  Any case, the models are sorted and I'm awaiting Kal's updated Cloud. If it looks like that'll take too long, I'll release this. 

The only thing left now is a vid tutorial and readme and main page update. Cosmetic stuff.

I'd be very surprised if this takes much longer now.  Failing all else, I'll release on 28th anyway.  Because  it may take a release before I can get out of this loop.

Rookie_One

• View Profile
Just threaten him with forcing him to listen to Justin Bieber if he don't finish the model sound  :roll: :-D

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Just threaten him with forcing him to listen to Justin Bieber if he don't finish the model sound  :roll: :-D

I have built up a resistant to him with this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2kt-FCEiybw

I have to work today but tomorrow is free maybe I can work on the last remaining clouds (in my head).

Rookie_One

• View Profile
goddamn it!

*transform in a goose then proceed to troll Kaldarasha*

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: 2019-10-22 14:18:00 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:36:24 by Lorath »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ DLPB TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It's not enoughhhhhhhh!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Main page updated a little.

Audio Replacement page added.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg209232#msg209232

Bynyl

• Vinyl sucks...
    • View Profile
Main page updated a little.

Audio Replacement page added.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg209232#msg209232

Me likey! Me gusta mucho!

Devinicus

• View Profile
To what degree will I be able to mix and match models with The Reunion? I prefer the PRP/Bloodshot style field models over Kal's.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
All you'd need to do is disable Model Overhaul from Options.ini and add the files to a custom folder.  It's relatively painless.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
Hello all,
Is it right that this mod does not use the mod manager used by other mods? I couldn't get to install the mod manager the other day, so if you were to tell me that this mod has its own (simpler) installation process, that would make my day.
Cheers

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
That's correct.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
Sweet, thanks.

Other question: does this mod fix the audio issue of the Steam release whereby the wrong music plays during the pivotal scene during Cloud's introspection in the lifestream?

Salk

• View Profile
It may be a matter of hours... minutes... :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Sweet, thanks.

Other question: does this mod fix the audio issue of the Steam release whereby the wrong music plays during the pivotal scene during Cloud's introspection in the lifestream?

When you're using the new translation it does, because it's not only the music that was wrong - the scene fades were too.

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: 2019-10-27 13:01:00 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:36:37 by Lorath »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It wasn't the loop...  it was the length of it as well.  Totally wrong - and the scene was wrong too, as he notes.  It is all in The Reunion database though.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
When you're using the new translation it does, because it's not only the music that was wrong - the scene fades were too.
Cool, thanks!

If by "wrong music" you mean badly looped, i think it's mentioned in the Reunion database...
No it's actually the wrong music. I'm talking about the scene in which Cloud runs after Sephiroth and gets impaled on his sword, before throwing him in the mako. Cloud's theme is supposed to play during this moment, but in the Steam (and PS4 and Switch) version, it's the mako reactor theme that plays. Here's a timestamp at 2:39:00 of a playthrough that Maximilian_Dood did recently. The scene in question plays with the wrong music.

benjaminw6633

• View Profile
Is this still on track for tomorrow? Eagerly awaiting... :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's being released one way or another, yes.

obesebear

• View Profile
No it's actually the wrong music. I'm talking about the scene in which Cloud runs after Sephiroth and gets impaled on his sword, before throwing him in the mako. Cloud's theme is supposed to play during this moment, but in the Steam (and PS4 and Switch) version, it's the mako reactor theme that plays. Here's a timestamp at 2:39:00 of a playthrough that Maximilian_Dood did recently. The scene in question plays with the wrong music.
He's right.  Just checked two other youtube videos that I believe are playing PSX version.  This one is hard to hear, but I at least know it's the Playstation version

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I had to convert the PSF file and enhance it slightly as it is a unique music not found on OST.  In any case, that issue has been fully resolved.

Coat

• View Profile
Are you guys still planning on a PSX release? (Link isnt working)

trostboot

• View Profile
Are you guys still planning on a PSX release? (Link isnt working)
Looks like romhacking.net is having some issues, but yes, the people working on the PSX port of the retranslation have just recently reconfirmed an updated version will eventually be made. Most likely based on the final version of the retranslation, so you might have to wait a bit.