Final Fantasy 9 > FF9 Tools

[PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)

<< < (369/404) > >>

Tirlititi:
The best is to use the Memoria Engine modifier that fixes that bug. There is no reason to edit the game's source code directly instead of installing Memoria.

child_of_terra:
Hello Tirlititi,
I need your help. I use the Steam version and Albeori's Memoria. HadesWorkshopMod works correctly, but during ATE Cleyra [Meeting with the King and the High Priest] the text "debug" appears instead of dialogs. The same problem is observed during the balloon mini-game.

Tirlititi:
Hum... By default, these dialogs are not translated in all the languages. The balloon mini-game was translated in french but not in english for example and the ATE in Cleyra was not translated in any language if I recall correctly. In these situations of a missing translation (but with good remnants of the deleted scene in the script), the lines are often replaced by "debug" as a placeholder or empty text. In other situations, the line was completly removed, resulting in a shift in the text IDs depending on the language (that is why there is not always the same number of texts depending on the language).

So you don't have these lines properly translated, either because you unlocked those scenes yourself in the scripts (in which case, congrats!) or because you imported only a part of a mod unlocking them (typically you unticked the "Texts" box when loading the .hws) or because the script-related modifications are properly installed but somehow the text-related modifications are not (the scripts are stored in a sub-folder of "StreamingAssets" while the texts are stored in a subfolder of "FF9_Data").

akirat9:
why this message appear when opening ff9 psx image?

Tirlititi:
HW is quite sensible to mods, even those it generates itself. Other than that, there should be no problem. It used to scan correctly the japanese, US, UK, french, italian, german and spanish PSX images; I don't have copies of them anymore to thoroughly check but it still scans correctly at least the US version.

When it scans a game successfully, it generates a "Final Fantasy IX (Disc 1).hwf" file next to your PSX image that contains the results of the scan so you don't need to do that anymore next time.

So I guess you are trying to open a modded version of a PSX image. If you know which mod it is and you can remove it (eg. it's a .ppf with an "undo" feature), do that then open it with HW. In many cases, HW will then generate a .hwf that you can use even after re-applying the mod (close HW, re-apply the mod but keep the .hwf next to the game and with the same name, then re-open the PSX image with HW).
If you don't know what mod your game has, you'll have to get another version of the PSX image first, one that is not modded or only very slightly modded. If you're using the US version, I can share .hwf files as well; hopefully they'll work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version