Miscellaneous Forums > Misc. Tools

[N/A] Test and add OGG audio loops - FixLoop (v1.3)

(1/5) > >>

DLPB_:

It's my birthday today, but I seem to do things backwards... so I am the one handing out presents.

Supports LoopStart and LoopEnd tags (as will my FF7 dll - and the next version of RaW for ff8).  Any issues, let me know.

I created FixLoop to help me create the audio files for FF7 - which required precise loops. With this, you can use "GoTo" and see how your loops sound - whether there is any popping/clicking and so on. It will also play audio files perfectly, something most players fail at with small audio files.  Many formats can be played- but only OGG loops can be saved from the program. It isn't recommended (as far as I am aware) to use MP3 for loops anyway.

See the help file for more information.

Download 1.3 here

Ansem:
So, you're saying this could even properly play back samples that are shorter than 0.01s? If so, this could definitely make my life easier, when mono support is complete, of course.

Also, happy birthday, for whatever a few words on the internet are worth. :P

DLPB_:
0.01s is so small as to not even be a proper sound. Thats 441 samples. Even the smallest blip in ff7 has 1700ish. What on earth ate you trying to play

Ansem:

--- Quote from: DLPB on 2017-07-18 16:54:28 ---0.01s is so small as to not even be a proper sound. Thats 441 samples. Even the smallest blip in ff7 has 1700ish. What on earth ate you trying to play

--- End quote ---

Eh, I'm not actually doing anything FF7-related. I'm making a custom chaingun sound for another game I like to mod.

Imagine a chaingun that fires every 0.03 seconds, and each discharge calls a sound effect. It's quickly going to clog things up, and likely prevent other sfx from being played at the same time; this is very much unwanted for 3D sound. The more efficient way to do it is to create a very short sample that can be looped to give the illusion of an insanely fast fire rate. It leaves room for other sfx, and saves that tiny bit of sound bank memory, which is awfully limited in the game in question.

DLPB_:
Assuming the game you are trying to mod supports playback of streams that small, this program should be able to play them properly and help you. Check it out for me and let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version