Read this first! > Announcements and site development

Important Announcement From ProtomanZxAdvent

<< < (2/2)

ProtoX:
Even with the evidence found Aali can't sue Square Enix or DotEmu, he put his driver is under a GNU General Public License. Under sections 15 and 16 both Square Enix And DotEmu easily are dismissed automatically of liability or damages unless where Aali lives can seek his government laws that can allow a lawsuit.

Mcindus on the other hand can sue for plagiarism if he wants, but with i've been seeing of his work he just wants to one up over them.

orichalcon:

--- Quote from: ProtomanZxAdvent on 2020-04-14 02:56:31 ---Mcindus on the other hand can sue for plagiarism if he wants, but with i've been seeing of his work he just wants to one up over them.

--- End quote ---

he certainly can sue, but he would not win anything, and the case would just cost money, i'm sure he knows that

its really hard to sue the people who own the rights to the original game/content that was modded and then stolen... and win

again - not justifying, just keepin' it real

the punishment must come from people spreading the word and not buying

obesebear:
If memory serves me correctly, Aali was contacted by SE for use of his driver.  They clearly struck a deal, because work on the driver halted immediately, and it wasn't until years later that he released his "source code"

ProtoX:

--- Quote from: obesebear on 2020-04-14 13:30:10 ---If memory serves me correctly, Aali was contacted by SE for use of his driver.  They clearly struck a deal, because work on the driver halted immediately, and it wasn't until years later that he released his "source code"
--- End quote ---

If that case the case then why didn't he simply inform us that he struck a deal with them and was forced to stop? I checked all of his post not any of them mention such a thing ever happened.

unab0mb:

--- Quote from: ProtomanZxAdvent on 2020-04-14 15:26:57 ---If that case the case then why didn't he simply inform us that he struck a deal with them and was forced to stop? I checked all of his post not any of them mention such a thing ever happened.

--- End quote ---

Aali has actually denied this and expressly asked people to stop spreading that rumor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version