Read this first! > Announcements and site development

What's in the works

<< < (3/7) > >>

sl1982:
Bosola: I agree with everything you are saying. But there has to be some rule on necroposting because most of it really has no valuable information. Perhaps we would be better of with a soft enforcement policy. Irrelevant posts will be deleted on sight, but no warnings issued.

Bosola:
I appreciate that most necroposts are cruft, so I agree soft enforcement is the best compromise.

obesebear:
Not sure where the old topic is, but now that sl can change around the boards and descriptions, let's hear your thoughts on what exactly should be done.

I for one like the descriptions set forth in the rules and think the board descriptions should be changed to match them.  Also, the way things are set up now, it seems like a good idea to combine Feedback with Tech Support and simply call it Troubleshooting.

Covarr:

--- Quote from: obesebear on 2011-03-26 17:07:50 ---combine Feedback with Tech Support and simply call it Troubleshooting.

--- End quote ---
Absolutely yes. As it is, it can be a bit confusing which one to post a question in, and there's not much point to having them separated anyway. I can only see good coming from this.

Also, Tech Related needs renamed. Make it clearer that it's a research forum, not a project or support forum. Not sure WHAT to rename it to, but I think that a rename could reduce instances of threads needing moved.

Kudistos Megistos:

--- Quote from: obesebear on 2011-03-26 17:07:50 ---Also, the way things are set up now, it seems like a good idea to combine Feedback with Tech Support and simply call it Troubleshooting.

--- End quote ---

I see no problem with this.

I've never understood why there has to be such a sharp distinction between problems getting the vanilla game running (which are rare nowadays) and problems getting the mods running.

--- Quote from: Covarr on 2011-03-26 20:54:22 ---Also, Tech Related needs renamed. Make it clearer that it's a research forum, not a project or support forum. Not sure WHAT to rename it to, but I think that a rename could reduce instances of threads needing moved.

--- End quote ---

It's not obvious what "tech related" is, but when there are already boards for "projects" and "tech support", it should be obvious what it is not. The people getting confused by this are people who are likely to be confused no matter how clear the board names are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version