Author Topic: [FF7PC] Remako HD Graphics Mod (AI enhanced field backgrounds) - [cancelled]  (Read 125973 times)

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
Okay Captain, I see that you uploaded all the images to drive as JPEGs. I downloaded them all, but I can't do anything with them on my Bootleg install since my field folder contains all PNG's that need that strange cut up image format with different naming for each folder and image. Is there any work around for using this amazing mod with bootleg? Also are the JPEGs you posted to drive of lesser quality than the background images in your mod? All 3,500+ images that I downloaded off your drive only take up approximately 750MB and your .iro file for the mod is almost 4 Gigs. I have some competence with modding games, but I need some tips from you or anyone else on how to maybe get this working with bootlegs file format.   

CaptRobau

• View Profile
I've been playing the game with Remako installed to see how the upscaled backgrounds would look in-game, and I have to say, while some backgrounds may not look as good as they could, most of them look very very cool, especially surfaces made out of metal or wood, those are jaw-dropping.

I wanted to mention that I don't know if this is just me, or if it is a problem that you are already aware of, but some effects are not displayed correctly, like the waterfall in Aerith's house, god rays in North Corel, the lifestream fountain in mount Nibel or the fires in the fire cavern in Wutai, just to name a few.

Anyway, keep up the good work. It truly looks amazing.

Glad you like it. Thanks for mentioning the effects bugs. I'll run by them myself and see what is the matter.

Okay Captain, I see that you uploaded all the images to drive as JPEGs. I downloaded them all, but I can't do anything with them on my Bootleg install since my field folder contains all PNG's that need that strange cut up image format with different naming for each folder and image. Is there any work around for using this amazing mod with bootleg? Also are the JPEGs you posted to drive of lesser quality than the background images in your mod? All 3,500+ images that I downloaded off your drive only take up approximately 750MB and your .iro file for the mod is almost 4 Gigs. I have some competence with modding games, but I need some tips from you or anyone else on how to maybe get this working with bootlegs file format.   

I'm not familiar with how Bootleg does things, but you can use 7th Heaven to unpack iro files. Those contain all the raw png image files, which you could then load up in Bootleg (if I understand correctly what you want). You don't need to use 7th heaven for any mod managing, just for unpacking the iro files as it is a feature of that program as well.

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
Glad you like it. Thanks for mentioning the effects bugs. I'll run by them myself and see what is the matter.

I'm not familiar with how Bootleg does things, but you can use 7th Heaven to unpack iro files. Those contain all the raw png image files, which you could then load up in Bootleg (if I understand correctly what you want). You don't need to use 7th heaven for any mod managing, just for unpacking the iro files as it is a feature of that program as well.

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed. I didn't know you could use 7th Heaven just to unpack the iro without having it touch your game files. After unpacking with 7th Heaven it's easily usable with Bootleg. Thanks so much!

Sef

• View Profile
First of all, great job! Thanks for everything!  8)
Any chance for a non-7th Heaven version? Or any kind of workaround? I would like to use this and still maintain the achievements working. :roll:

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
No support for the vanilla steam version. Sorry. While 7H isn't really needed for this mod, Aali's driver is and it only works with the '98 version.

Edit:
I talked with Turboss maybe I can make a simple standalone packer and unpacker.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-23 08:20:47 by Kaldarasha »

QHMeow

• View Profile
Hi, great job first of all. I'd really like to give this a try but I'm getting this error as well:  "libPNG erro not a PNG file"
I'm trying to solve it but no luck sofar. I read that you can use 7th Heaven to unpack the .iro file so I did to have a look under the hood. What I notice is that, starting from folder 'jun_a' the files fail to be recognized as .png.

Did I download the wrong version? Did the download get corrupted? I don't know how to fix this or why it's happening.

CaptRobau

• View Profile
Just wanted to mention that I've posted a development update to my site yesterday: https://captrobau.blogspot.com/2019/02/development-update.html

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed. I didn't know you could use 7th Heaven just to unpack the iro without having it touch your game files. After unpacking with 7th Heaven it's easily usable with Bootleg. Thanks so much!

Glad to help.

No support for the vanilla steam version. Sorry. While 7H isn't really needed for this mod, Aali's driver is and it only works with the '98 version.

Edit:
I talked with Turboss maybe I can make a simple standalone packer and unpacker.

That would be cool if it would be possible. People have asked me a lot for something standalone, as the whole 7th Heaven/related setup is quite challenging for more casual players.

Hi, great job first of all. I'd really like to give this a try but I'm getting this error as well:  "libPNG erro not a PNG file"
I'm trying to solve it but no luck sofar. I read that you can use 7th Heaven to unpack the .iro file so I did to have a look under the hood. What I notice is that, starting from folder 'jun_a' the files fail to be recognized as .png.

Did I download the wrong version? Did the download get corrupted? I don't know how to fix this or why it's happening.

It could be that you have a corrupted file. You can check if it is the correct file by checking its checksum. You can download a free, lightweight tool for that here:

http://getmd5checker.com/

The checksum of the .iro should be 8317FA310A0C1EDEE0FA76103A2F6468. If it's not that, redownload the mod.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
I could bring it to work via batch, but I need a bit time to set it properly up. Though, I don't think it will solve the issues which people have with 7H, because they still need to downpatch the game and there is usually the biggest problem.

Edit:
The tool is working.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-27 09:12:57 by Kaldarasha »

Blagnarok

• View Profile
Hi I noticed some artifacts in Don Corneo's bedroom.  Faint rectangular seems running from the left side of the screen and down over his bed.  Not very noticeable, but they are there.  Sorry I can't figure out how to attach my screenshot on this forum :/

CaptRobau

• View Profile

QHMeow

• View Profile
Finally got it to work. I tried 2 other download links. I think it has something to do with WinRAR. The link that gives the .iro without the need to unzip worked fine.
Sooooo now that I got to try it, it's really really good. I was using [Echo-S] OGFields - Complete Field Replacement till I got Remako to work and I must say your mod is my favorite. Echo-S looks like waterpaint, it's just another style, not saying it's bad.
First time I ever play with mods and this combined with the updated models comes close to the graphical update I've wanted for a while. Again great work, good job.

CaptRobau

• View Profile
Hi I noticed some artifacts in Don Corneo's bedroom.  Faint rectangular seems running from the left side of the screen and down over his bed.  Not very noticeable, but they are there.  Sorry I can't figure out how to attach my screenshot on this forum :/

I will check it out. Thanks for the headsup

mrhahnfan

• View Profile
Hi FF7 Community,
I hope you can help me get the Remako HD Mod running.
I know mods from Skyrim but in FF7 I am still inexperienced. I'm currently using the mod tool 7thHeaven for the first time. The mods that I took through the manager work, like Battle_Models_Characters_2.1 and others.
Only Remako_HD_Graphics_Mod_BETA_0.1 seems to be ignored. I did not install The_Reuinion and the game is started in the manager via FF7.exe. I already rebooted the computer several times. But the mod just doesn't work.
Already several times I started the game again but the mod is not started.
I have already set Remako to different levels in the Load Order, but without success.
Here is my Load Order:
https://imgur.com/uuTl9Mj
https://imgur.com/Fsp586D

Please tell me which further informations you need from me to get this mod running.

Thanks!

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
redirect the file path to use ff7_bc.exe in yr install folder. this will make reunion work properly. might resolve issues.

mrhahnfan

• View Profile
redirect the file path to use ff7_bc.exe in yr install folder. this will make reunion work properly. might resolve issues.
That's the setting I had before.
I've read in several places that the_reunion and Remako don't harmonize so well.
That's why I deactivated it, although the menu looks much better with reunion.
Do you guys have any other suggestions how I can get Remako to work?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
These are only background files, so it shouldn't interference with Menu Overhaul files from The Reunion. I haven't taken a look at the files in Remako yet, so I'll do that tonight and compare.

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
i had the exact same problem but it was cause i was using the wrong exe. im using remako and reunion in combination and experiencing no issues.

Blagnarok

• View Profile
I noticed in your description you were focusing on field backgrounds because the battle backgrounds are low res.  That's a very good thing, because the battle backgrounds have already been recreated by hand in high res with much love and attention by Uprisen in the Avalance Arisen mod. 

Check it out.  It is sooooo good when coupled with your mod, and the menu overhaul:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18029.0

Rumbah

• View Profile
On your blog I saw that you wanted to try to do the videos, too, but the were very noisy to begin with.
A very good denoiser is bm3d (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block-matching_and_3D_filtering). There is a Vapoursynth implementation that works reasonably fast as the resolution is so small ;) .
A not at all tuned example with nearly standard settings:
https://www.invictus-xv.de/opening.avi  (about 90MB, lossless RGB h264).

adol125

• View Profile

i got this error. I am asking for steam version via w10.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-07 12:04:51 by adol125 »

thepoolshark

• View Profile

I got this same issue. hoping to find some clarity to this. steam and windows 10, hoping it is just my lack of knowledge in the ff7 modding scene

tracido

• View Profile
I got this same issue. hoping to find some clarity to this. steam and windows 10, hoping it is just my lack of knowledge in the ff7 modding scene

Windows 10 and 8, worst issues ever for older games, especially downgraded, older games.. Heck, some games are still troublesome and totally bugged on 7..

CaptRobau

• View Profile

Here's a solution that should work.

https://captrobau.blogspot.com/p/faq.html

➤ When I start FF7 I get an error message saying: STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR [Code:5].

Right-click the 7thHeaven.exe and set the compatibility to run as administrator. Apply and close.
Then find the FF7.exe you are using (ex. ff7.exe or ff7_bc.exe). Right-click and set compatibility to run in 640x480. Don't worry the OpenGL plugin will override this setting later. Go back into 7th Heaven and try launching the game.

daninthemix

• View Profile
Here's a solution that should work.

https://captrobau.blogspot.com/p/faq.html

➤ When I start FF7 I get an error message saying: STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR [Code:5].

Right-click the 7thHeaven.exe and set the compatibility to run as administrator. Apply and close.
Then find the FF7.exe you are using (ex. ff7.exe or ff7_bc.exe). Right-click and set compatibility to run in 640x480. Don't worry the OpenGL plugin will override this setting later. Go back into 7th Heaven and try launching the game.

Setting compatibility to 640x480 is enough for me. I don't need to also run 7th Heaven as administrator.

BTW, am about to start a playthrough but was wondering if I should hold off for the non-Beta release, if it's just around the corner?

;)