Author Topic: PS4 Controller D-Pad not working  (Read 4182 times)

circle87

• View Profile
PS4 Controller D-Pad not working
« on: 2020-03-10 16:18:53 »
Hi guys, does anyone have either a simple walk-through, or a link to a guide somewhere, that I can get my d-pad buttons working in-game for FF7 being launched by 7th Heaven.
I've tried everything and nothing works. :(

-Ric-

• View Profile
Re: PS4 Controller D-Pad not working
« Reply #1 on: 2020-03-10 20:57:51 »
Have you tried DS4Windows?

Gensoul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-03-13 21:30:10 »
I set up my d pad to act like the left stick in DS4Windows. You could also try Inputmapper.

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-03-14 03:44:36 »
i use antimicro to bind the Dpad to the num pad on a key board and bind the right stick L/R movement to 9 and 3 on the num pad to use that to spin the camera

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-03-21 18:47:10 »
Hi guys, does anyone have either a simple walk-through, or a link to a guide somewhere, that I can get my d-pad buttons working in-game for FF7 being launched by 7th Heaven.
I've tried everything and nothing works. :(
Follow the procedure here:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19533.msg272644#msg272644

I did and it solved the issue. Here's a screenshot I took of the in-game controls. It lets you know which actions are tied to the keyboard keys. It will be useful when setting up AntiMicro.

Snakeman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-04-27 02:36:09 »
I have found an incredibly easy solution for anyone who runs the game via 7th Heaven and uses Dualshock4 with DS4Windows. All you need is just to run DS4Windows as administrator. No any other software needed. And then just make a new profile and map for example WASD (or what the buttons you use in the game to walk) to your D-pad and that's it. You can even still use L-stick in the game to walk on fields as it is more comfortable, and navigate through menus/battle with D-pad.

Yet I advise you yo use keyboard to set up controls in game settings, because gamepad is kinda bugged there and the game for some reason thinks that [OK] is always pressed when you try to map something. Anyway default is the best layout, I just swapped X and O.