Author Topic: can't get ff7 to launch from 7H  (Read 3492 times)

tkogiah

• View Profile
can't get ff7 to launch from 7H
« on: 2020-03-11 12:44:45 »
for me I run the game and it says something about the hook and running 7 times and then it goes all black and an error message pops up that says

'OpenGL renderer does not support OpenGM 2.0. Your graphics drivers are probably not up to date. Shaders are required since version 0.8.'

I have looked all over the place for a fix and I haven't found anyone that has had even the same issue with 2.0

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: can't get ff7 to launch from 7H
« Reply #1 on: 2020-03-11 13:45:56 »
What video card do you have?

tkogiah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-03-13 18:38:36 »
Hey I found how to get back to this post haha! Thanks for replying.

Mobile intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-03-14 01:02:28 »
Check to be sure you've got the latest drivers installed.  Supposedly it's compatible, but I've not had the greatest of luck with Intel graphics over the years.

tkogiah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-03-14 03:25:06 »
Sorry I did not review what I posted. I have not updated my drivers yet, but I believe they are up-to-date. If they are updated and it still doesn’t work, what do you suggest moving forward?

tkogiah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-03-14 06:18:28 »
Ok so I messed around with 7H for a while.

1. Yes my driver is up to date.
2. I disabled my driver and the problem continued
3. I effectively got 7H to launch FF7, but only when (under game launcher settings) I change the renderer under Graphics Driver Options to either
a)software renderer
Or
b) Direct3D hardware acceleration

The problem is that
a) it’s just a black screen and then closes for both setting (although it says FF7 successfully launched)
b) I can’t run mods unless the renderer is custom 7H game driver.

Any advice at this point?

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-03-14 15:00:35 »
You appear to have used ff7_config.exe and broken things in the registry, and of course you can't run mods unless the renderer is the custom 7H, that's required.  I'll point unab0mb over here in case he has ideas, but as I noted previously, it might just be the Intel graphics despite their claim of compatibility.

tkogiah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2020-03-14 19:31:46 »
You appear to have used ff7_config.exe and broken things in the registry...

I don’t know what you mean by this, can you please explain? Also thank you for taking the time to help, I am not used to mods and I hope to get more competent.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2020-03-14 22:06:57 »
Your comments about changing the renderer between software and Direct3D aren't things that show up in the 7H configuration tool (either 1.5x or 2.0), which is why I suspect you've been fiddling with the original FF7 Config program (which doesn't know about, and therefore can't set, the registry keys necessary for 7H and the new graphics driver to function).  I supposed you could try reinstalling 7H v2 and seeing if it'll reset your keys and options after you re-set all the configuration options within it, but it's always been a "just worked" sort of thing (even while I was helping unab0mb beta test), so I'm not as familiar with the error codes it can throw out yet).

tkogiah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2020-03-15 14:51:12 »
I think I understand what you’re saying. I’m a little bit confused though because under the game launcher settings I can mess with the graphics driver options and that’s how I adjusted the rendering within 7H. Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying but it sounds like you’re saying I shouldn’t be able to mess with the renderer Dynamics within 7H. Would you like me to send you a screenshot of it?

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #10 on: 2020-03-18 04:02:29 »
Do not use any option except the 7H Custom Driver for rendering. The other options are only there because they existed in FF7Config.exe and one of my goals was to eliminate that program and integrate it into 7H. The options are still there for legacy reasons only and of course for most people won't work on a modern OS, nor do they support mods.