Author Topic: [FF7PC][Tsunamods] Finishing Touch: ESUI Theme and Avatars  (Read 40576 times)

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile

A collection of menu enhancements including:
Prelude credits from artist Lap Pun Cheung with option to randomize from 109 pieces on every launch.
Start menu background artist Lap Pun Cheung with option to randomize from 109 pieces on every launch.
New game over screen from artist Lap Pun Cheung.
17 avatar sets.
7 battle/dialogue avatar sets.
Full retro-modern ESUI theme.

New ESUI Theme Preview:
Spoiler: show

Main Menu

Item Menu

Materia Menu

Finishing Touch Battle View

Finishing Touch 2 Battle View

Optimized V1 Battle View

Optimized V2 Battle View

Minimal Battle View

No Box Battle View

Expanded Icons

Live Status Ailments

Keyboard Icons

Xbox Icons

Playstation Icons

Switch Icons

Indicators/Other

Portraits Borderless Cropped

Portraits Borderless Feathered

Portraits Bordered Transparent

Portraits Bordered Opaque

Brushstrokes

Chibi Transparent

Chibi Opaque

Tactics

FFVI Sprites

Tactics Sprites

Brave Exvius

Mini Avatars Preview:

Portraits

Brushstroke/Vanilla

Chibi

Tactics

FFVI Sprites

Tactics Sprites

PSX Memory Card

Dialogue Avatars

Prelude Credits Preview:

Random

Static

Start Screen Preview:

Random

Static

Game Over Screen Preview:

Additional credits: Lap Pun Cheung for all the artwork. Chrysalis for the ESUI base. Xhris for the Barret and Cait Sith weapon icons.Twinees from ffhacktics for all the Tactics stuff. Vertex for live status ailments.

This is an IRO file which will require 7th Heaven Mod Manager (see: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19533.0)
Be sure this mod is above any other User Interface mods in your load order.
This mod requires 7th Heaven 2.9+.

DOWNLOAD HERE

If you enjoy the mod, consider a little something for the many many hours it took to put this together: Donate Here
« Last Edit: 2024-01-27 03:03:10 by Bonez »

AuthenticM

• View Profile
wow, these are gorgeous! Thank you to everyone involved!

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Thank you Bonez for this great addition!

Xezcente

• View Profile
The prelude credits looks amazing. Bearing in mind my very limited knowledge of modding, would it be possible to make all the prelude images to cycle throughout the whole credits scene?

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Large update. See Op.

kiko2277

• View Profile
Hello

amazing mod but it doesn't work for me

EDIT: nevermind it's working now
« Last Edit: 2022-09-19 04:29:24 by kiko2277 »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Just marvelous. Congrats on this amazing release.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Great work Bonez!

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
my word these are stunning just gorgeous, well done

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
Hey, just updated to the newest release version 2.2 and it is crashing my game- immediately after battle. Characters do the victory pose and then it freezes with an error message. Not sure what's going on because everything was working fine with the previous version. I went back and replaced it with the version on the nexus and it is working. So definitely something with the latest update. 

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
Okay, nice everything seems to be working okay again in version 2.21 - awesome mod!

natepley

• View Profile
I've been having issues with Finishing Touch since I updated it on the 10th.  I hadn't played for several days before then so it's possible the update causing the issues happened anytime in the beginning of October.  Before this, everything worked fine.
Now, some parts of Finishing Touch work while others don't work correctly or don't work at all.

What works:
Dialogue font
Battle font
Optimized Battle UI (though it seems to be placed too high on the screen)
Background art

What doesn't work:
Finishing Touch Battle View crashed the game
Transparent Dialogue boxes
Help Box Transparency
Menu font and spacing is all messed up
Menu background color

I've tried deleting and reinstalling this mod and the whole game and 7th Heaven and all my mods.  Nothing has worked.  On the 10th, I updated lots of stuff - 7th Heaven, FFNx driver, several mods, Windows 11, Nvidia drivers, etc. so it's hard to tell which update broke it.  Installing an old version of the mod seems to exhibit the same issues as the latest version, and disabling all mods except Finishing Touch also doesn't fix anything.  It seems like maybe the latest Windows, Nvidia, or FFNx updates broke compatibility with Finishing Touch.
As a side note, could you share the RGB values you used for the 4 corners of the menu background?  I like the color!
« Last Edit: 2022-10-14 09:54:20 by natepley »

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
I've been having issues with Finishing Touch since I updated it on the 10th.  I hadn't played for several days before then so it's possible the update causing the issues happened anytime in the beginning of October.  Before this, everything worked fine.
Now, some parts of Finishing Touch work while others don't work correctly or don't work at all.

What works:
Dialogue font
Battle font
Optimized Battle UI (though it seems to be placed too high on the screen)
Background art

What doesn't work:
Finishing Touch Battle View crashed the game
Transparent Dialogue boxes
Help Box Transparency
Menu font and spacing is all messed up
Menu background color

I've tried deleting and reinstalling this mod and the whole game and 7th Heaven and all my mods.  Nothing has worked.  On the 10th, I updated lots of stuff - 7th Heaven, FFNx driver, several mods, Windows 11, Nvidia drivers, etc. so it's hard to tell which update broke it.  Installing an old version of the mod seems to exhibit the same issues as the latest version, and disabling all mods except Finishing Touch also doesn't fix anything.  It seems like maybe the latest Windows, Nvidia, or FFNx updates broke compatibility with Finishing Touch.
As a side note, could you share the RGB values you used for the 4 corners of the menu background?  I like the color!

You also need to have ESUI installed and up-to-date for the ESUI theme. Also, it will not work with SYW menus or that Ifrit/Kactuar stuff.
« Last Edit: 2022-10-14 10:45:27 by Bonez »

natepley

• View Profile
I see.  Thanks!  Installing ESUI fixed almost everything.  Unfortunately, the Battle Help box is still messed up somehow.  If I select the option for No Box Text Only, the box still appears off to the right and the text appears in the center of the screen (not even in the box).  Any idea what could be causing that?

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
I see.  Thanks!  Installing ESUI fixed almost everything.  Unfortunately, the Battle Help box is still messed up somehow.  If I select the option for No Box Text Only, the box still appears off to the right and the text appears in the center of the screen (not even in the box).  Any idea what could be causing that?

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this. With any of the battle views, help box transparency on or off, widescreen on or off.

natepley

• View Profile
Strange.  I'll try it again in the future - maybe whenever Finishing Touch or ESUI is next updated.  For now I'll just use ESUI with Finishing Touch's background art and avatars.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile

el_pitu

• View Profile
This is absolutely beautiful thanks for your work, could it be possible to have the status effects always visible?

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
Sorry for necroing this topic. But the latest version of this on the 7th Heaven catalogs is 2.298, the latest version on NexusMods is 2.293, and the version here says 2.295. Which one is the real latest version? Or are they all the same but just have the wrong numbers?
« Last Edit: 2022-12-04 00:47:52 by Bonez »

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Latest version is the biggest number.

rsmuckles

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC][Tsunamods] Finishing Touch: ESUI Theme and Avatars
« Reply #20 on: 2022-12-19 03:00:47 »
Hello,

I've been using this mod for a couple months now (everything's been working great).  I just updated to the latest version released 12-15 and now I'm getting this error when the mod is enabled and I try to run the game:

19:29:26|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Windows.GameLaunchWindow|System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
19:29:26|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GameLaunchViewModel|Unknown error when launching the game: Input string was not in a correct format.

I think I've eliminated all other variables -- this is the only mod that prevents the game from starting when activated.   Let me know if there is any other logging or debug info I can provide.  Thank you!

(PS until this is resolved, is there a way to roll back to the prior working version I had installed?)

Update: I found version 2.293 from NexusMods and manually reinstalled it.  Everything is working just fine the way it was before.   Re-re-installing the latest greatest version from the 12-15 update (2.2985?) breaks everything.  Happy to assist debugging or provide any info as needed.  Thank you! (again!)
« Last Edit: 2022-12-19 03:12:26 by rsmuckles »

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2022-12-20 03:30:10 »

lhsgenx37

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2023-01-15 20:16:16 »
The color themes are still not working.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2023-01-16 05:16:58 »
Is working for me.

lhsgenx37

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2023-01-16 18:03:28 »
I uninstalled FT and reinstalled it and it still makes my theme the OG theme. What do you suggest? It is at the top of my list in the mod list. It works. I was using a previous save before Echo-S7 official was added to the list. When I added the official Echo-S7 it didn't save the theme. I had to start a new game and it did carry over the theme, but doesn't carry over the theme on my old saves. Wish it did because I save it at every boss scene and CG scene. Can you fix that issue or see if the theme carries over on any of your saves prior to using the official Echo-S7?
« Last Edit: 2023-01-16 18:12:34 by lhsgenx37 »