Author Topic: FF7 - Game Worked, Now Getting Shaders error - Windows 7 64bit  (Read 3024 times)

agvkrioni

Hey Guys. Getting a strange error upon start up of FF7. Says there is a shader error then crashes. I did some searching, found someone with allegedly a similar problem. Their thread linked to "http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9488.0". I applied a "fix" by someone in the that thread which seemed to work for that thread's OP, but not so much for me. So here's the app log I've got and if you have any questions let me know.

INFO: Auto-detected version: 1.02 US English
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
ERROR: failed to stat file /shaders/main.vert
ERROR: failed to stat file /shaders/main.frag
ERROR: failed to load shaders, reverting to fixed function
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE /ff7/ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE /ff7/data/music\music.idx
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE /ff7/data/sound\audio.fmt

edit: fixed typo

agvkrioni

I can't really post a reply or that's double posting. But since the game isn't running I guess there's no reason for me to be on here anyway. Um, I'll check back in a couple days to see if there was any change but other than that I think I'm just going to have to uninstall FFVII and maybe one day just shell out for a PSOne and an old copy of VII when the bills aren't so tight and just play it that way, old school.

I'm confused.  You know what double posting is, and know that it's frowned upon... so you go ahead and double post.   I might just have to leave the forum for a while to restore my faith in humanity.    Warned.. of course.

« Last Edit: 2010-10-12 13:45:34 by obesebear »

Epic Rage

hey mate , i stumbled upon the same issue ... and the solution ( at least for me ) was kinda stupid . but here it is , hope it helps

after i was done with all the modding / patching etc , i ended up with 2 ff7 folders  . each one had different configurations , for testing purposes . so when i tried to rename these master folders , so i can know which one is which , that bug / error happened. 

so the solution is pretty much : keep the original folder /file names . and if that doesnt work , keep the folder/file names that the folder/file had when u finished ur modding .

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
In ff7 main folder there should be a folder called "Shaders" inside that should be 4 files put all 4 files in "nolight" folder and replace them if that doesnt work turn "shaders=off" in ff7_opengl.cfg
« Last Edit: 2011-10-12 18:21:29 by e1sunz »