Author Topic: Extremely slow download times on 7th Heaven 2.0  (Read 8232 times)

ak1657

• View Profile
Extremely slow download times on 7th Heaven 2.0
« on: 2020-04-13 00:31:18 »
Hi,
I'm modding FF7 for the first time and while modding i have come across extremely slow download times in the realm of around 600kbps.
My internet is relatively decent, averaging about 15 Mb/s download speed. I've tried looking on forums and the FAQ and I couldn't find anything about this, so any help would be appreciated.
It's a bit of a pain as it is going to take about 10 hours for some of the larger mods to download.

Thanks

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: Extremely slow download times on 7th Heaven 2.0
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-14 01:17:43 »
Hi,
I'm modding FF7 for the first time and while modding i have come across extremely slow download times in the realm of around 600kbps.
My internet is relatively decent, averaging about 15 Mb/s download speed. I've tried looking on forums and the FAQ and I couldn't find anything about this, so any help would be appreciated.
It's a bit of a pain as it is going to take about 10 hours for some of the larger mods to download.

Thanks

I'll ask the server admin about it and what kind of loads we're seeing. Others have mentioned some slowness the last day or two as well. It's not on a very fast connection to begin with, but I was getting 4.5MB/s the other day.

Relyn1981

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-15 03:15:50 »
Hi,

Thanks

its doing it for me to have pretty fast internet but not get my full download speed downloading off of 7th heaven

PaperZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-04-15 04:49:20 »
I am also having insanely slow download speed to the point where its showing as high as 8.9 hours to download one mod, its to the point where if I can't fix its not worth it for me. I know its not my internet itself as I've been able to download much larger files in much shorter times

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #4 on: 2020-04-15 12:48:43 »
Server speeds are getting better and there will be mirrors added for the downloads very soon at http://7thheaven.rocks.

Relyn1981

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-04-15 18:34:18 »
Server speeds are getting better and there will be mirrors added for the downloads very soon at http://7thheaven.rocks.

thanks for the update

PaperZero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-04-16 23:50:36 »
I managed to get most of the ones I wanted but oh boy I'm on the 10th try getting field textures to download.

Relyn1981

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2020-04-18 05:23:56 »
I managed to get most of the ones I wanted but oh boy I'm on the 10th try getting field textures to download.

yea finally got the field texture one the other day now I need to get the media one now

Siralextraffo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2020-04-19 16:34:47 »
I'm also having huge issues with download speed, there are mods downloading at 600kb despite me having a 1Gb fiber connection which I tested and is working properly elsewhere....!

EDIT: also, sorry for posting in the wrong thread, I was on mobile and I guess I messed up with the threads but this was the one I wanted to post into!

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #9 on: 2020-04-20 02:58:53 »
I'm also having huge issues with download speed, there are mods downloading at 600kb despite me having a 1Gb fiber connection which I tested and is working properly elsewhere....!

EDIT: also, sorry for posting in the wrong thread, I was on mobile and I guess I messed up with the threads but this was the one I wanted to post into!

Read this thread to find answers to your download issues.

ak1657

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2020-04-24 16:39:38 »
To anyone still having issues, i used the mirrors linked in the thread and then just moved them into the seventh heaven folder and they work fine, still trying to get the media mod to work but besides that everything seems to be fine