Author Topic: FF7 crashing in Windows XP  (Read 3096 times)

AirRaven

FF7 crashing in Windows XP
« on: 2005-07-30 22:31:05 »
Hi.

Apologies for the horrendous bump- I'm new to the FF7PC scene. I saw this patch, and jumped upon it. It's absolutely superb.

The trouble is, it seems to crash as soon as the Rufus character model comes onscreen. At the exact moment where you see him for the first time in the Shinra HQ.

I'm using a legit copy of FF7- not the Ultima edition that's been floating around the net recently.

I know that you're probably sick to the teeth of hearing this again and again from every newbie to visit these forums, but here's the dreaded question:

OMG PLZ HLP ITZ NT WRKING IM ON WINDOZE XP AND IT KPS CRASHING HELP!!111!!!

*ahem*

(Going off topic- this is FF7 in general. The patch is working fine apart from the Rufus problem- which crashes regardless of anything else)

I've not tried the XP patch- but I've heard bad things about it, so I'm not planning to. The 1.02 and Chocobo Racing patches have been applied. The FFMusic patch is applied as well.

The game crashes every 20 minutes or so- no matter what I do. I've tried Compatibility mode, and nothing works.

Sorry again if it's been asked so many times- but how do you get it to work under XP without so many crashes?

MOD EDIT: Split from this thread -- It was only a five-day bump, but the main question of this post is off the topic of the thread.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #1 on: 2005-07-31 00:00:17 »
Try it without FF7Music first, see how that works.

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-07-31 12:31:10 »
things that cause ff7 on xp to crash

1. alt tabbing
2. running in a window
3. running without compatibily 95 mode set

AirRaven

« Reply #3 on: 2005-07-31 23:21:02 »
Disabling FFMusic seems to have done the trick... I've clocked 1 hour 40 minutes so far, with no crashes...

I'll check whether the Rufus problem still holds.