Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 844533 times)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.43)
« Reply #1925 on: 2023-03-26 15:21:53 »
Replace "60000" by "60000L" in the code:
Code: [Select]
set Chocobo_HotColdPoints -= 60000LThat is because numbers higher than 32636 should be flagged as "long" numbers, otherwise they are stored as a 2-byte signed integer type.

Also, for the selectability problem, update the lines "EnableDialogChoices". You must both include the added choice to the available choice list (change "511" into "1023", or tick the next box in the script editor), and tell the game that the "default" choice has index 9 instead of 8 (change "set VAR_LocUInt8_2 = 8" into "set VAR_LocUInt8_2 = 9").

Also, when editing the text, there's an opcode that setups the choices ("FORMAT:Multichoice" in the PSX version): double-click to edit its parameter and do the same kind of changes there (number of choices => 10, "Cancel" choice => 9).

gledson999

• Listem to my Story, this maybe our last chance ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: 2023-03-26 17:10:52 »
Replace "60000" by "60000L" in the code:
set Chocobo_HotColdPoints -= 60000LThat is because numbers higher than 32636 should be flagged as "long" numbers, otherwise they are stored as a 2-byte signed integer type.

Also, for the selectability problem, update the lines "EnableDialogChoices". You must both include the added choice to the available choice list (change "511" into "1023", or tick the next box in the script editor), and tell the game that the "default" choice has index 9 instead of 8 (change "set VAR_LocUInt8_2 = 8" into "set VAR_LocUInt8_2 = 9").
Thank you, I corrected the item price issue here, as I also managed to put the value "set VAR_LocUInt8_2 = 9"
Immediately the "Cancel" option becomes available, but when I select another option, I can't go back to cancel again.

I don't know if it's because of this option here:
Also, when editing the text, there's an opcode that setups the choices ("FORMAT:Multichoice" in the PSX version): double-click to edit its parameter and do the same kind of changes there (number of choices => 10, "Cancel" choice => 9).
I couldn't open the menu using the two clicks to edit the parameters, correct me if i'm wrong or i'm trying to click the wrong box

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: 2023-03-26 18:10:40 »
Ah, maybe you can't change "Format" opcodes for the PSX version of the game...
What happens if you delete that opcode? Careful, you won't be able to add it back, I think.

gledson999

• Listem to my Story, this maybe our last chance ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: 2023-03-26 18:42:03 »
Ah, maybe you can't change "Format" opcodes for the PSX version of the game...
What happens if you delete that opcode? Careful, you won't be able to add it back, I think.
If delete this Opcode, Only this two option are available

akirat9

• View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: 2023-04-02 01:51:58 »
hey tiriltiti,
i'm trying to edit enemies panel on FF9 PSX (1.0 version) (pure vanilla/untouched) but when I try to rename an enemy, Hades Workshop crash instantly, even try to backspace one letter it instant crash.

tirlititi, i tried latest HW on vanilla ff9 psx v1.1 and monster panel still crash if try to edit monster text
ok looks like HW older is ok.
« Last Edit: 2023-04-02 01:56:08 by akirat9 »

rassellek

• View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: 2023-04-18 11:49:25 »
Hello! Is it possible to rename a character in a specific save file? I messed up with the translation, and now some of the characters' names are duplicated. "ZidaneZidane" "ViviVivi".

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: 2023-04-18 13:53:33 »
The save editor is more suited for that, Rassellek.

You *could* force naming screens to appear by editing the field scripts of the fields you are currently in (in Hades Workshop, panel "Environment -> Fields -> select the field you're in -> Edit Script"), by writing a line like "Menu( 1, 0 )" for renaming Zidane, but that's not very convenient compared to using the save editor.

rassellek

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.35b)
« Reply #1932 on: 2023-04-20 11:46:59 »
Version 0.35b is up. All the changes apply only to the Steam version :
- Fixed the black screen bug in battles when you modified an item,
- Improved the reading/modding of Assembly-CSharp.dll,
- Added a "Break damage limit" macro, be careful that it will bug with certain bosses,
...->

Hello, Tirlititi!
Please help me! I save the "Apple Macros" macro using "save steam mod" -> "c# code pieces" -> "raw assets". I'm applying a new mod in "memoria.ini". However, in the game, the maximum damage inflicted remains 9999. Did I miss something? This is the only way to achieve breaking the damage limit, if so, how do I make it work? Thank you!)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: 2023-04-20 19:39:01 »
The C# macros (and more generally the "CIL code" panel) don't work with the Memoria Engine mod.
I just added a "Break damage limit" option directly in Memoria though: it will be a new option of the next Memoria release.

rassellek

• View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: 2023-04-21 09:06:02 »
The C# macros (and more generally the "CIL code" panel) don't work with the Memoria Engine mod.
I just added a "Break damage limit" option directly in Memoria though: it will be a new option of the next Memoria release.

Great news!
Thanks Tirlititi  :)
We are waiting for the release, have you planned a date?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: 2023-04-21 10:05:20 »
Not yet.
DV is currently working on a major update from his end (amongst other things, he implemented Triple Triad in the game). I'll also do a couple of things afterwards.

stir472

• View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: 2023-04-21 18:45:00 »
what month aprox you think launch the next release? when you have time, you can help me about break the max stats of strengs, speed etc?

rassellek

• View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: 2023-04-24 07:51:49 »
Hello, Tirlititi!

I use custom AbilityFeatures.txt (>SA global) to change the magic properties of a character with a certain items.

Example:
Permanent
Code: (Condition) [Select]
Weapon ID == 64
Code: (Magic) [Select]
Magic + 6 .

However, this, unlike MaxHP/MaxMP, changes the magic forever. That is, if you remove / put on an item, the magic reaches 99. Is this a bug of the method or is another function used for this?

I didn't find anything in the description (except Max HP, Max MP, Speed, Strength, Magic, Spirit, Defense, Evasion...)

Thanks You!)

paky-outsider

• View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: 2023-05-02 17:35:29 »
Hello everyone and hello again Tirlititi, it's been some years since my last post. In these past few weeks, I've finally played until disc 3. (PSX - Italian version with Alternate version, run on EpsxE PC and android)

***************** (this part originally was at the end of the post)
THE QUESTIONS of nowadays (to understand how i came to this maybe-billion-time-questions, please read this little truly-(un)satisfied but enthusiastic-guy story)
1 - Is there a GAMESHARK code that works with the PSX italian version to remove trance bar?
2 - Is IMPOSSIBLE to set trance with these guys (Marcus, Blank, Cinna and Beatrix) with psx version (and HW things and tricks)?
2bis - i've read something about in the forum...the issue seems to be that they don't have a trance model (and not only this)... so, according to my ignorance, if i set only thief dagger for zidane, so i don't have to use the zidane with thief sword model and relative trance model,...then for Blank, Blank have a second model with the Pluto soldier suite...
So with these informations, is possibile to think - a MIRACLE? - to set trance models for marcus, cinna, blank (blank with pluto soldier suite) and beatrix?

Where it all begans - DIALOGUES ISSUES with alternate version
I confirm (like my old post in the alternate version thread) that some lines are messed up in some specific area (or maybe it's quite correct call them "field" according HW). Until disc 2 i've take notes about what lines are "corrupted" (or wrong pg says lines that in normal game are attribute of other, or lines during RTE completely wrong) and where it happens.
Maybe the origin of this little mess is...me! I explain...later.

Where my dream set MY AIM
My aim was have Zidan with Excalibur II and Beatrix in the party.

First, I use GAMESHARK CODES... even if at beginning it was hard to find workable codes, reading forums and billions of tons of landing pages and some other down site (my bad), i gone through this and (with many many tentatives, glitches and game freezee) find codes that works. With these codes i'm able to modify the party (one by one) members, with other tentatives i can change the battle menu with relative abilities.

Second, I finally approde to HADESWORKSHOP. It's the big deal!!!!! With this i can modify the same (and much much much more) things and finally got Excalibur II in the hands of Zidane and Beatrix in the party "on call" (whenever gameshark cheat is set up).

Where my mental health is gone - My aim was achieved but i can stop there? YES but...nope!

So from Beatrix i went to marcus and blank (with custom battle menu i've made) (until disc 2...then i was shocked (the big disappointing point) to find out that when Eiko and Amarant join party, these gameshark codes don't call up even more marcus and blank but Eiko and Amarant (and Quina instead Cinna))....
So that hard work to bring them with me...for nothing?
Many sites and forums later, i've find out gameshark's codes that let me to switch every party member with other ones.
Secondary, for these pg, until i've found the Big disappointing point, i want to set some support abilities. So with HW, i can set the support abilities to Marcus, Blank and Cinna but can't activate them, not in game (even if i can see the list) and not in HW (or i don't found out how to do it) BUT it seems that the support abilities of the "originals" are still active (like autopotion).
With gameshark codes i've found the way to can see and can activate/deactivate the support abilities...but this affect also the battle menu, equipment etc.... so i can have Cinna with Quina abilities and so on.
In both case, there was (and there is still) a Big problem.

Big problem: if i want Marcus, Blank and Cinna in the party instead of base pg, i can play with them until trance happens and the game freezee.
How can i solve?
2 solutions i've thought:
1 - i can play with one of this guys (marcus, blank and cinna) instead of Beatrix, so the trance problem can't happen.
2 - Is there a way to remove the trance bar?
so.... 1 is too simple, 2 is much more attractive... so you can imagine how i answer to my question.

Third - CHEAT ENGINE. With this i've found how modify things in "live action" like, guil, time, pg'stats, turn on trance, or set it to zero...but these changes only works until cheatengine is operating. Or maybe i'don't find the right code that modify the existence of trance bar.
I've tried not so many times... 'cause cheatengine is not newbie-idiot-friendly.

Fourth - MEMORIA SAVE EDITOR. The save editor can set same changes that are possible with gameshark codes and with HW (for my aim)...so with memoria i changed something here and there, making some tries, some messing around... then i've found an interesting things...
My Beatrix, called on party with gameshark, with support abilities that you can set but you can't activate (with HW)...with memoria, in the save editor you can activate them, and then in the game you can see in the menu, according to what you've set in HW (in my case i've set with HW autopotion, autolife and many others that are listed in game menu but not activate, with memoria i can activate the support abilities from a list of the program... so in this list i've activated autolife and autohaste (this one i've not choose in HW and is not listed in game menù) ... in game, with this changes i can see the list of supporting abilities i've set with HW, and the active supporting abilities i've chosen with memoria, so in my case i see autolife and i can see it is active but not autohaste that i've not set with HW but activated with MEMORIA... in battle works autolife and so autohaste...
So the conclusion is that the supporting abilities that you set with memoria, affect Beatrix even if you can't see it in game menu.
I think this doesn't work with Marcus Blank and Cinna 'cause they share the code with Eiko and partners...so, i think, if you modify these ones, the changes affect both.

Fifth - CONCLUSION? Maybe
Beatrix is a badass with hammer (with level bonus), and seems like magic hammer when she hit the enemy.
Marcus, Blank and Cinna...'i've made a custom menu, Marcus alternate version, Blank is like a pusher (hahahah), Cinna a sort of support mage.
Zidane...i've achieved the aim to bring excalibur II, like a thief sword, so in the erect version of Zidane in battle...
but the question is: is possibile use Excalibur like a thief dagger? And answer is YES. In HW, you have to set the menu's image font of a dagger instead a sword and the game is set, you can play with excalibur II dagger

AND THE TRANCE BAR ISSUE?????????????

Or i change one to one the Cinna Marcus and Blank with Beatrix when i want one of them with gameshark codes.
Or what?

THE QUESTIONS of nowadays ************ (this part is now at the begin of this post)

WHY I THINK THE PROBLEM TO DIALOGUES ISSUE WAS ME. During the game i used the gameshark codes to add beatrix or marcus or blank and so this maybe caused these issues through the game.

Now I'm heading to modify party members with fields on HW....and messing around like that.

Side note 1: this forum is a masterpiece to handling with the tools created for this game and , as i say, HW is a pure Rosetta Stone
Side note 2: yes, i miss some part of this forum to handle in easy way some of the mess i've done. Sorry for that and for my five-yo english.

Thanks for time you dedicate to this post.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: 2023-05-04 13:52:38 »
@rassellek: Can't you just add +6 Magic to the weapon's stats?
I'll see what I can do (it can be useful) but if it's just giving stats to a piece of equipments, it's better to do it directly without using a SA feature.

@paky-outsider: Congrats!
I must say, not only I have stopped working on the PSX version of the game, but also I don't use CheatEngine at all and would have been totally useless to help with anything related to it.

paky-outsider

• View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: 2023-05-08 15:50:53 »
Thanks for the reply.

So, if you remember that, for PSX version:
1) :roll: it's possible to remove trance bar in HW or with gameshark codes?
2) :mrgreen: it's possible to add Cinna/Marcus/Blank or Beatrix to the party whenever in the game you can choose party members? (I can do it with gameshark codes but i want to know if this is possible with HW to make a .bin's permanent modify)
3) :-* it's possibile to add gameshark codes on cheats'cd (like action replay without card, or others)?
4) 8-)  this is not a question but only a time to say a really "thank you" to all your work and to this community.

And I swear... in this century or the next, I play with the PC version (so the mainly features that i request are already in game  :P and i don't have to bother you and the community with this  :'( psxoomer nostalgic request)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: 2023-05-08 16:09:51 »
For trance and whether it's Blank instead of Amarant or the other way around, it's the same thing in HW : it's the character's flag "Temporary party member". That's a flag that is used when settting up the characters before they join the party for the first time.

Example, in Prima Vista/Cargo Room's script, in the function "Baku_Masked_Loop", you have this line:
SetCharacterData( 9, 1, 8, 21, 8 )This line setup Cinna in particular by enabling his flag "Temporary character". Without that flag, he would use Quina's model and portrait and would have trance just like the other party members (he wouldn't have it against Masked Man because trance is still disabled for everyone at that point).

I have no idea for gameshark codes.

paky-outsider

• View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: 2023-05-08 18:31:47 »
For trance and whether it's Blank instead of Amarant or the other way around, it's the same thing in HW : it's the character's flag "Temporary party member". That's a flag that is used when settting up the characters before they join the party for the first time.

Example, in Prima Vista/Cargo Room's script, in the function "Baku_Masked_Loop", you have this line:
SetCharacterData( 9, 1, 8, 21, 8 )This line setup Cinna in particular by enabling his flag "Temporary character". Without that flag, he would use Quina's model and portrait and would have trance just like the other party members (he wouldn't have it against Masked Man because trance is still disabled for everyone at that point).

I have no idea for gameshark codes.

So, if i'm correct with what you say, "21" it's the way to have Cinna, so if i modify, turning off temporary flags (and 21 goes to 5), the game set Quina.

I've tried to modify battle menu in that specific field line up to have
Beatrix's menù to Quina?
Vivi's menu to Marcus
Dagger's menu to Blank

And it works...

Why it doesn't work in cd3? or in Battle with the evil forest's boss? (a couple of tries i've done)
It this case i've tried same modification to setcharacterdata in specified field (cd3 field Hilda Garde...where you can change the party, and i set (i guess) amarant to blank (flagging temporary character on, so his fourth argument goes from 5 to 21) - cd1 field 257 evil forest to modify only blank's menu battle in beatrix in that battle, changing only fifth argument) but with no changes in game.

The only differences i see on what i do, is that in case of Masked Man battle i start new game, in other cases i load the game. So
1) loading game is the issue? Or
2) maybe this changes affect the character only when you first meet them in game, like i've read here in some posts?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: 2023-05-10 11:04:00 »
That's correct.

Yes, the "SetCharacterData" is almost a "one-time event" (actually not one time but 2 or 3 times depending on the character), ie. it is triggered once when the character is initialised and if the character was initialised with the "temporary" flag, that character will keep that flag for the rest of the game or until it gets re-initialised.

=> If you load a save in which the character was already initialised with this flag, it will keep this flag, no matter what change you did to the event scripts of "Prima Vista".
=> Also, the temporary characters are re-initialised a couple of time: Blank is re-initialised right before the Plant Brain battle (there's a line "SetCharacterData" for Blank a bit above the line that triggers the Plant Brain battle in its nest) / Marcus is re-initialised before the 2nd fight against Black Waltz 3 battle / Beatrix is initialised once in Queen's Chamber before fighting Bandersnatches and is re-initialised in Alexandria's marketplace during Bahamut's attack.

=> You are able remove that "temporary" flag even in your end-game saves if you add new "SetCharacterData" lines at places where there wasn't before. For example, you can add a "SetCharacterData" at the end of a "Main_Init" function of any place so that it removes the flag. Make sure that you use the equipement set "255", which is the value for "don't touch the equipment", otherwise you could lose/duplicate pieces of equipments.

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: 2023-05-28 08:22:52 »
Hey Tirlititi,

I'm playing around with the first Earth Guardian boss fight on Disc 3, and I wanted to change the last attack in his move pool to something else. You have it set to Firaga. I've done this with other enemies, so I know how to change the name of the attack as well as the animation, that's all done, but Earth Guardian targets himself every time. I want this new attack to target Zidane and Quina instead. I figure it has something to do with his script in the "Function Earth_Guardian_ATB," but I have no idea what I'm looking at and I was wondering if you could tell me what to change in his script so that last attack in his move pool always targets my party instead of him?

Thanks again.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: 2023-05-28 13:43:21 »
Hi g_west,

You indeed need to change something in the "Earth_Guardian_ATB" script. The lines deciding on its target(s) are the lines "set SV_Target = ...". It's not obvious to understand which "SV_Target" line corresponds to which attack in scripts like that, but I think that it's the last one of the "switch" control.

Since Earth Guardian is targeting itself, you must have Alternate Fantasy's changes, and Earth Guardian willingly Firaga itself because it has Auto-Reflect in this mod. The AI script of the normal version can be found here in a more readable form. It can help you to understand the AI scripts to compare how they are written in the Wikia and how they really are in Hades Workshop.

I don't have Alternate Fantasy's modified script right now, but assuming that Firaga is still the last attack (whose target is decided in the "case +6" block), you should change it from something like that:
        case +6:
            set SV_Target = SV_FunctionEnemy
            break
... into something like that:
        case +6:
            set SV_Target = SV_PlayerTeam
            break

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: 2023-05-28 21:19:56 »
Hey Tirlititi,

That indeed worked, thank you very much.

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: 2023-05-30 05:36:55 »
Hey Tirlititi,

Is it possible to add new enemies to a location? Could I add new monsters to Popo Heights on disc 1, for example? I've been playing around in the battle spots tab and I'm pretty sure 49 and 50 are Popo Heights, I see I can change the monster, but not the battle scene.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: 2023-05-30 11:55:40 »
I don't remember how much you can change the battle scenes when modding the PSX version of the game.

In any case, you can pick different battle scenes for each battle in the "Enemy" panel (not in the "World Maps" panel). Surely, you can pick a different world map battle scene but I am not sure if all the battle scenes are accessible from the world map. For example, if you select a "Desert Palace" scene for a fight that is triggered on the world map, it could be that it would soft-lock because the "Desert Palace" scenes are not accessible. It could also be that the "Preloading" window (still in the "Enemy" panel) can fix that, if there is the battle scene amongst the objects that are preloaded that way.
I think that you should have no problem for putting a battle in the World Map that originates from another place at least. You just need to change the battle scene in the "Enemy" panel for that situation.

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: 2023-05-31 02:54:25 »
I think I got it, thanks. In the World Map > Battle Spots tab, what is the difference or significance between Normal, Mist, Alternate with Mist, and Alternate? Different points in the game?

Edit: I added some new enemies to Popo Heights (49 and 50 in Battle Spots), and now HW crashes whenever I try to export a PPF. I also changed those enemies battle scenes in the Enemy tab. I changed them to mach the scenes that are used in Popo Heights. It still makes the PPF, but when I try to patch, is says it's trying to write outside the disc image. Can't remember the exact message. I'm guessing I can't add Yans to Popo Heights on Disc 1?
« Last Edit: 2023-05-31 05:48:02 by g_west »