Author Topic: save game request for testing field textures  (Read 4521 times)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
save game request for testing field textures
« on: 2011-03-20 21:29:13 »
Okay I'd like to make a request for some save games. The only saves I have right now are at the end and close to the beginning of the game, right now I need a save toward the end of disc 2. I need saves for the US PC version. The ideal spot for now would be after cloud and tifa's sequence in the life stream but before the rocket takes off into space with the huge materia, however I will be needing saves before this very soon so anything close will do. I need them so that I can test my backgrounds for the rocket and for the midgar mission afterwards, I am fairly confidant that there are no major errors thus far, but I have to make sure before I release. Also I have black chocobo and I know you can edit your quest progress with it, but its not very user friendly and I don't really know how. If someone knows how to move a save to a specific location using black chocobo and wouldn't mind telling me how that would be great. Please anything will help I need saves from all over the game, I am working backwards so I still have the majority of the game to go anything will help but priority one is a save close to and BEFORE the rocket launches.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-20 21:32:51 by yarLson »

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
Re: save game request for testing field textures
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-20 22:16:51 »
There's a website which I forget the name that has all of the saves in the game.

You should google it and use that for testing.  It's a website of the geocities era (meaning mid-90's look) if I recall correctly.

it's what I used for putting together the game script.

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-20 22:24:37 »
Can't for the life of me recall where I found these... should help to some extent, I hope. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7lhc9l5s3onpc69

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-20 23:35:51 »
well I will definitely try and find that website your talking about, but if its from the mid 90's I would think there is a very good chance it is no longer around. Thanks for the help Roxas I haven't looked at them yet but I am sure some of these will come in handy.

guywithquestions

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-03-20 23:57:29 »
I got you yarlson. give me a day or two and ill get you those saves. i just got vincent in niebalhiem.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2011-03-21 00:56:22 »
This has every savegame location you could possibly want. We went through and exhaustively saved at every location necessary/practical for mod testing purposes. I honestly thought it would get sticky'd or more notice than that, but there ya' go.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-03-21 00:58:41 »
thank you very much sir, this should do the trick. I appreciate the help.

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-03-21 01:12:43 »
This has every savegame location you could possibly want.

I use this also, and it's great, although.... the saves are in spanish.
I find myself restarting several times from picking the wrong ones lol. :(

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-03-21 01:14:46 »
This has every savegame location you could possibly want.

I use this also, and it's great, although.... the saves are in spanish.
I find myself restarting several times from picking the wrong ones lol. :(

Easy fix, just open the save and resave. They will be in english after that.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-03-21 01:16:57 »
This has every savegame location you could possibly want. We went through and exhaustively saved at every location necessary/practical for mod testing purposes. I honestly thought it would get sticky'd or more notice than that, but there ya' go.
Ah, thanks for finding this.  Now I can move it to Tools.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-03-23 01:59:56 »
well I will definitely try and find that website your talking about, but if its from the mid 90's I would think there is a very good chance it is no longer around. Thanks for the help Roxas I haven't looked at them yet but I am sure some of these will come in handy.

Perhaps I should have been clearer.  The site was designed in the mid-90's.

I used it last year.

Not that it matters now though (although the saves I'm talking about were vastly overleveled making mod testing ideal)!

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-03-23 03:30:35 »
well I am already using a no random battles cheat for ease of testing purposes so level doesnt matter to much right now. Plus the saves that NFITC1 mentioned are working perfectly. Thanks for the help though :D