Author Topic: [FF7PC][FF7_SYW_Unified] 1.08 (2024/04/13) - PC installer + Steam deck + iros  (Read 56127 times)

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Hi!

Thank you so much for such extraordinary work, guys!

I took advantage of the winter Steam sales to get a digital copy of the game. Still, I was also pondering buying the Japanese International version and trying to apply the whole package of mods to it as well. Yes, I have a certain degree of proficiency in Japanese and I'd like to play the game in its original script.

Surfing on the Japanese Google, all I found were a couple of blog articles explaining a quite long procedure to ready the game, substituting the original files with the mod files one by one.

https://hal51.click/game/ff7_mod
https://ccseikenorenge.fc2.net/blog-entry-22.html

To put it in brief, it seems the mods are compatible only with the digital version you can buy from the Japanese Square Enix Store, which includes JP, EN, ES, FR, DE, and is also on sale at the moment.

https://store.jp.square-enix.com/category/DL01/SEDL_1010.html

Any attempt to use the 7th Heaven Mod Manager will eventually launch the English version, and the Microsoft Store version is reported to be unmanageable because the installation folder gets "encrypted",  they say.
Do you think this can be easily solved by copying the whole installation folder into a different directory, exactly as 7th Heaven asks you to do when installing the mods for the first time? I know you have not tried yet anything on the Microsoft Store version, but I thought somebody may have done some testing and reported to you the results these days.

If I am not mistaken, one of your team members is Japanese, so I am struggling a bit to realize the mod package is still not compatible with the Japanese PC version of the game.

I wanted to ask you whether this is still the case, or if some improvements or testing work have been made in order to launch the mods with the Japanese script.

The sales on the SE-Store end on January 5th. It would be great to take the chance to buy the game and play it with the enhanced graphics you have tailored in the minimum details.
long story short ATM japanese version is not modable with FFNx so you'll loose 95% of the modding by modding it

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I just saw the recent SYW Unified update in 7th Heaven's catalog listings. However, I'm having trouble finding the 60fps version of SYW Unified FMVs, which is weird, because the listings for the SYW V6 Upscaled FMVs have both 30fps and 60fps versions.
When i redone from scratch the FMV for the unified version i've done lots of tests about it and :
-with the new 30fps version, interpolation is almost perfect, if you don't use frame by frame look, it's smooth and clean so no need for a 15 fps version anymore
-using 60fps version, interpolation show as much artifact as the version 6 and also show a soap opera effect (was already the case with v6) witch is not desirable to maintain game damatic effect.
-even on my 120" projector, there's no rendering benefits to use 60 fps instead of 30 fps

So as long as (at least) 60 fps interpolation quality don't match 30 fps interpolation quality, i don't plan to release a 60 fps version again

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I updated FMV iro's, i used a bad camdata in it so i caused probelem of synch with fmv witch have 3d models overlayed.
Please refresh catalog and update

PBad

• View Profile
hey! loving this modpack for a runthrough before Rebirth but im running into a couple issues and im not sure where to go to find fixes or if there is any.

First. a big one is Bugenhagen is just invisible in my game, using Chaos models and 60 fps, tried using different configs with 30fps and such and hes still missing in Cosmo Canyon.

Second. For some reason every text inside of the Overworld is in Spanish but im playing in English, so ill save in the World Map and itll be in Spanish for the location, or every tip like Chocobo/Buggy is in full Spanish

and a minor little visual bug ive been getting is some Npc's heads flicker and it seems like some of them are missing animations like Red 13, but i guess this must be because of the 60fps patch so i can live with it.

any clarification or help would be appreciated, these arent gamebreaking but was just wondering if theres anything on my end that could maybe fix some of these with some file editing or 7th Heaven maybe

Kryael

• View Profile
Hey, I've looked for possible solutions but couldn't find any.
It's about the overworld, for idk what reason it's french eventho everything is set to english.
Is there a fix for that?

btw very lovely mod, you all did a great job! <3 I enjoy it very much

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
-flicter head are a bug with some chaos model for a long time, as far a i'm aware of it it's not fixable ATM
-about overword witch don't apply lang, i just checked an found the bug, will be solved in 1.04
-about bugenhaben chaos not showing, do you have a savegame around it ? do you have tester with ninostyle or vanilla models too ? i can't reproduice the bug, with 60 fps nor with classic fps :
« Last Edit: 2023-12-23 08:13:32 by satsuki »

PBad

• View Profile
I figured out the Bugenhagen issue! I think i sequence broke in the save point before the Observatory by messing with my Party and adding characters through PHS, for some reason causing him to dissapear, very strange haha.

Glad you were able to catch the language issue, will be looking forward to the update, thanks for the reply!

DiafolEternal

• View Profile
Hi,

Just downloaded and got everything working except for my xbox360 controller, can only get numpad to control anything. Ive ensured analogue controller is ticked in settings but no luck. any advice would be great :D

Cheers,
Dia

Maddeath

• View Profile
Is there a way to be able to clean the excess files safely?
I tried renaming the mods folder, only to find out it saves the game to:
"*\FF7_SYW_Unified\Mods\Gameplay\00-Vanilla\save\"

So now am not sure if the other files are safe to remove or if I need all 30 GB.

nvm Satsuki answered on discord that all of them are definitely needed and that most of the file size is the FMV and fields
« Last Edit: 2023-12-27 06:05:06 by Maddeath »

coflash

• View Profile
Hey satsuki,

I recently got an OLED Steam Deck and I still can't get this mod to work. However, with 7thDeck:

https://github.com/dotaxis/7thDeck

I can get 7th heaven installed + install your mods manually within minutes. I'm sure it's not as good as your AIO installer, but can you foresee any obvious issue with these mods working together?

https://i.imgur.com/EMlH0hh.png

It seems to work fine from what testing I have done.

I'd love to be able to get the AIO to work, but I'm at my wits end. It's always one error or another :/

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Hey satsuki,

I recently got an OLED Steam Deck and I still can't get this mod to work. However, with 7thDeck:

https://github.com/dotaxis/7thDeck

I can get 7th heaven installed + install your mods manually within minutes. I'm sure it's not as good as your AIO installer, but can you foresee any obvious issue with these mods working together?

https://i.imgur.com/EMlH0hh.png

It seems to work fine from what testing I have done.

I'd love to be able to get the AIO to work, but I'm at my wits end. It's always one error or another :/
As i don't own a steam deck i can't realy help you, but lots of deck's user have been able to install it with the step by step explaination in page 1

coflash

• View Profile
I understand that, but what I'm asking is if those mods I'm using in the image will be compatible. As far as I know, those are the ones included with your mod pack here

One issue I'm having on PC.

So I have my desktop connected to a 4KTV. The recommended text size scale on Windows with this setup is 300%. However, the SYW mod config window ends up being too big and I'm unable to resize the window to see all the options and the launch game button. Setting the text scaling to 200 - 250% can make the window more viewable, but I would prefer to keep the scaling at 300%. More of a nice-to-have, but it would be great if the mod config window could be manually resized and auto-scaled with the resize so the launch game button isn't obscured by certain PC resolutions.

ElmoWasHere

• View Profile
Hi, I've been having an issue where the HD fonts and icons setting on the UI mod is causing overlapping text boxes to display incorrectly, as shown below. This issue also occurred with V5 of the mod. I'm playing on PC using the Steam version with 7th Heaven. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2024-01-03 10:03:38 by ElmoWasHere »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I understand that, but what I'm asking is if those mods I'm using in the image will be compatible. As far as I know, those are the ones included with your mod pack here
not sure as i don't use 7th myself but seems right to me

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
One issue I'm having on PC.

So I have my desktop connected to a 4KTV. The recommended text size scale on Windows with this setup is 300%. However, the SYW mod config window ends up being too big and I'm unable to resize the window to see all the options and the launch game button. Setting the text scaling to 200 - 250% can make the window more viewable, but I would prefer to keep the scaling at 300%. More of a nice-to-have, but it would be great if the mod config window could be manually resized and auto-scaled with the resize so the launch game button isn't obscured by certain PC resolutions.
300% for a 4k resolution is overkill, 200% is a good value.
My pack's UI is arround 1000x650 px (with menu bar), so can be fully visible even on a 1024x768 screen resolution at 100%.
It's its not visible on a 3840x2160 resolution display ... well the scale size you use is just way too big

coflash

• View Profile
not sure as i don't use 7th myself but seems right to me

Thanks, it has been working perfectly for 4hrs so far.

Also, 7th Heaven (7thdeck) launches the Steam version, so achievements are intact. For anyone else who is having issues, I highly recommend this route.

Noted, satsuki. I'll make sure to use smaller scaling on Windows when using the 4KTV.

The mod has been working great on Windows. I just left Midgar and I've come across a few issues:

1. On the World Map, the text is in French despite playing the game in English.
2. In the menu, the location name is in French despite playing the game in English.
3. During the motorcycle FMV, I didn't really hear any sound effects, mostly just the music.

Example of "HD videos 30fps" selected from drop-down and no cutscene audio besides music (I am unable to select the original versions of the FMVs to compare, config drop-down only gives HD 30fps or Modernized Cosmos Videos): https://imgur.com/bG4gUnz

French text in English version: (EDIT: Just saw you are aware of the bug and will fix it ^^;;)

« Last Edit: 2024-01-04 07:11:41 by SayonaraVandalHearts »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@SayonaraVandalHearts
1-2 :
just read the 1° post and you'll see :
Known bugs :
Pack:
-condor minigame background misaligned (error from me) - fixed in upcomming v1.04.
-opening credits and worl map location/text are not using the selected game language - fixed in upcomming v1.04.

3 :
if you read the Cutscenes description:
Considering their poor quality, the original video of the game are not in this pack

I tested and have both fx sounds and musics, just check the volumes in game setting after loading game

ffsaga

• View Profile
\Mods\SYW\Textures\snowboard\eg_00.dds should be fg_00.dds (fg_k_00.dds already exists)
\Mods\UIs\01-Aavock\Files\Textures\menu\ file window.bin in this folder
\Mods\UIs\01-Aavock\FilesLang\F\Textures\menu\ file window.bin in this folder
\Mods\UIs\01-Aavock\FilesLang\G\Textures\menu\ file window.bin in this folder
\Mods\SYW\Textures\snowboard\time1_00.dds should be ftime1_00.dds (ftime1_00.dds already exists)
\Mods\SYW\Textures\snowboard\time2_00.dds should be ftime2_00.dds (ftime2_00.dds already exists)
\Mods\SYW\Textures\snowboard\etime1_00.dds should be time1_00.dds
\Mods\SYW\Textures\snowboard\etime2_00.dds should be time2_00.dds
\Mods\SYW\Textures\snowboard\eita_k_00.dds should be fita_k_00.dds (fita_k_00.dds already exists)
\Mods\SYW\Textures\snowboard\ correct eita_k_00.dds not exist
« Last Edit: 2024-01-12 17:51:02 by ffsaga »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Update 1.04 in page 1 :

AIO pack :
-Added link to the pack's git source code in the about pannel.
-Added steam deck oled preset to correct bad colors.
-Updated FFNx 1.16.0.30.
-Updated some german and spanish texture files.
-Updated oled SteamDeck's profile.
-Fixed the condor minigame background (revert back to 1.02 version).
-Fixed opening credit and worldmap didn't apply choosen game language.

IROS :
-Updated some german textures in fonts and menu iro (v1.04)
-Updates some german texture in minigames iro (v1.04)

Now German textures are as accurate as possible in both AIO pack and IROS thanks to jtd.
« Last Edit: 2024-01-06 13:28:16 by satsuki »

crimsonguy

• View Profile
I've tried the new SteamDeck OLED preset, but the Vulkan renderer introduces some really bizarre transparency into UI elements and 3d models.  Booting from desktop mode will d3d11 is still the best experience.

rumble1starter

• View Profile
Version 1.04 is working perfectly so far using only the FF7_SYW_Unified launcher, no 7th Heaven at all (I'm only at the first visit to Junon in the game though).

The fort condor battles minigame has a spelling error. After you destroy an enemy, a message displays on the screen that 'the enemy was destroyed' but the spelling of 'destroyed' is incorrect and is being spelled as 'destryed' missing the 'o'. Maybe this is the wrong topic to post this comment in and if so, may someone direct me to where I should address this? It's not anything critical but if time and effort were put in to upscale the minigame, it would be nice to have correct spelling.

I'm using the 4x3 aspect ratio in full-screen mode. Aside from battles and a few other scenarios, the screen is usually cropped in the middle with slim black bars at the top and bottom and of course the black bars on the sides. I understand the bars on the sides and why they're there, but is there a 7th Heaven mod or some other "trick" that anyone is aware of which can "fill" the screen so that there are no black bars on the top and bottom? I am aware of 'reshade' but I don't want to have to keep toggling the setting on and off if the screen is sometimes cut off.
« Last Edit: 2024-01-08 14:59:07 by rumble1starter »

Frank1984

• View Profile
HI. I just discovered this awesome megapatch! But I'm Italian, and to summarize the question I would like to ask you if it is possible to create a mod/translation option in Italian. I would be willing to give compensation. I hope for your friendly positive feedback.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Version 1.04 is working perfectly so far using only the FF7_SYW_Unified launcher, no 7th Heaven at all (I'm only at the first visit to Junon in the game though).

The fort condor battles minigame has a spelling error. After you destroy an enemy, a message displays on the screen that 'the enemy was destroyed' but the spelling of 'destroyed' is incorrect and is being spelled as 'destryed' missing the 'o'. Maybe this is the wrong topic to post this comment in and if so, may someone direct me to where I should address this? It's not anything critical but if time and effort were put in to upscale the minigame, it would be nice to have correct spelling.

I'm using the 4x3 aspect ratio in full-screen mode. Aside from battles and a few other scenarios, the screen is usually cropped in the middle with slim black bars at the top and bottom and of course the black bars on the sides. I understand the bars on the sides and why they're there, but is there a 7th Heaven mod or some other "trick" that anyone is aware of which can "fill" the screen so that there are no black bars on the top and bottom? I am aware of 'reshade' but I don't want to have to keep toggling the setting on and off if the screen is sometimes cut off.
-i'll check the spelling this texture file have some typo, it'll be corrected in 1.05 update for both AIO and IRO (don't know when, i don't have much time ATM)
-no solution for the black bars ATM (maybe come latter)
« Last Edit: 2024-01-09 14:52:56 by satsuki »