Author Topic: Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!  (Read 17089 times)

atzn

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #25 on: 2002-07-17 18:46:00 »
Quote from: ficedula
Hey, I'd definitely be in favour of buying an official Qhimm tshirt, so long as there was an affordable UK distributor ;)  Sites like Cafepress, the overseas European shipping is so much it's not even funny...

Yeah, I was thinking about that as well. I wouldn't mind spending 20 quids on a nice shirt... so long as it doesn't wear off quickly!  :P I was once a member of WTF (err, not that 'wtf', it's World Taekwondo Federation  :P ) and the shirts they printed were quite poor.... once I cleaned it, everything came off... (The logo as well, hehe)  :lol:
But Seph3D I think a 'general' Qhimm shirt would be better, it will cause you less hassle as well.... probably those who wants personalised shirt can do so if they really want it... (i.e. adding their forum name into the shirt)......

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #26 on: 2002-07-17 23:25:58 »
I agree with ficedula, we need a distributor that ships internationally at humane prices, and ships each shirt individually (like cafepress). Black T-shirts seems a good idea if we can find someone who prints them. I suggest everyone keeps an eye out for potential distributors.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #27 on: 2002-07-18 21:06:30 »
Well, so far I've seen only a few alternatives, most aren't exactly improvements over CafePress... so here are the top two so far:

CafePress.com
Colors available: White and ash-grey
Motif placement: Front/pocket + back/shoulders
Image resolution: 100 DPI
Printing method: Digital transfer (fairly resistant to wash-out)
Pricing: $13.99 (fixed)
Intl.shipping: Yes, at $7.00 (takes up to 4 weeks)

99dogs.com
Colors available: White, navy, heather, light blue, khaki, black
Motif placement: Front and/or back (double-sided costs more)
Image resolution: 150 DPI
Printing method (white): ColorWax (similar to CafePress' method)
Printing method (color): PrismPrint (graphic material is applied, then dyed)
Pricing: (currently in discussion with sales dpt.)
Intl.shipping: Yes, at $10.00(?) (takes 2-3 weeks)

More info to follow...

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #28 on: 2002-07-19 07:38:03 »
The Problem with 99Dogs (AFAICT) is that you can't save the shirt/design for another party. So If I made a shirt, I wouldn't be able to save it for you guys to buy. I can do that with Cafepress.com.

However, the advantage of 99dogs is the fact they can do Black & other colors. We need more options...

We need a Cafepress that can do Black...

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #29 on: 2002-07-19 09:11:49 »
Hey, in fact, this is an interesting Topic! Heh, cool, I can see myself walkin through my school with an Qhimm's Forums-Shirt ... 8)

- Alhexx

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #30 on: 2002-07-19 11:29:01 »
Seph: Not quite the case. I'm currently in discussion with 99dogs about creating an "associate store", in which pre-made designs are sold piece by piece (like cafepress). The only bump in the road so far is that the normal signup form requires a U.S. contact person (seems a little odd since 99dogs claims to work internationally). Anyway, as an associate I can sell the shirts at $11.49 (white, 1-sided) / $13.99 (white, 2-sided) / $15.99 (color, 1-sided) / $19.99 (color, 2-sided) + shipping. So white shirts can get a little cheaper than cafepress (instantly compensaded by the more expensive shipping), while black shirts are naturally a bit more expensive by nature. I'm also checking outside sources to verify each company's shirt&print quality.

eerrrr

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #31 on: 2002-07-19 15:05:19 »
This is all awfully interesting, I never expected Qhimm's Forums to release their own shirts. Although, to be quite honest, I can't see myself buying one. Well... maybe if the logo was really cool I might. 8)

Oh and sorry I haven't posted in ages, I've visited the forums nearly everyday but never had anything to say.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #32 on: 2002-07-19 16:25:58 »
Well, if we come down to useing 99Dogs, I could be the US contact. I have no problems with doing that.

Sephiroth 3D @ School

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #33 on: 2002-07-19 18:19:06 »
Dude.. i want a black one.. :)

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #34 on: 2002-07-20 02:43:46 »
I would DEFINATLY buy one, thought I agree with CaddBerry when he said he wanted a black one... the only reason, I see, that we would need our names on them was if we had a Qhimms Forums Convention where all of the members gathered, that way we could tell each other apart... as for ideas... how about Ifrit?

Kendrilian

Alhexx

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #35 on: 2002-07-20 11:51:14 »
I agree - I would DEFINATELY buy one, too, a black one ... but Kendrilian: What do you mean this those name conventions - that's too high for me ?? :-?

- Alhexx

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #36 on: 2002-07-20 12:37:18 »
Kendrillian: Depends... If I use Ifrit (as in FF's Ifrit), I'm using and printing concepts and/or imagery owned by Square. That's the same reason I was hesitant against the current logo with the FFT imagery (albeit modified)... It's possible to use Ifrit, but it can't be a direct rip-off.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #37 on: 2002-07-20 14:21:58 »
Trick here is trying to get something at least kind of related to FF (well at least I think it should be, but, I'm open to ideas?), but not have Square sue us.

:P

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #38 on: 2002-07-20 14:39:50 »
Square probably won't, but the supplier might refuse to print it.

Intel-Xeon

• View Profile
None
« Reply #39 on: 2002-07-20 17:02:55 »
You can count on me getting one. Make it DARK!!!

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #40 on: 2002-07-21 02:49:02 »
I'm sorry Alhexx, I meant if we actually had a meeting with all of those on the board, it was topic earlier, before the reformating of the board I think...

Qhimm, I understand completly, now.  I will look for something that could work...

Kendrilian

Edit:

I've never seen this one before today.

or in case it doesn't work

http://pobladores.lycos.es/canales/Final_Fantasy_Fanatics/bahamut.jpg

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #41 on: 2002-07-21 06:31:04 »
1) It HAS to be original.
2) We'd need permission to use it.
3) We'd need to acquire a large, Hi-res version of it.
4) I'd personally like a slightly different view of it.

However, it has given me an idea I think I'm going to flesh out and post, hopefully soon...

I definatly want a black one too.

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #42 on: 2002-07-21 06:48:54 »
me personally i dont believe i could afford a convention.. but what if everyone met each other and wuz like.. oh my god what a loser.. mebbe its just best leaving some of the mystery there.. maybe thats why most of us mesh well.. or .. of course the one thing that brings us all here anyway.. The love of the game...

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #43 on: 2002-07-21 07:28:59 »
Very true Cadd... Very true...

Oh, here's a quick version of the Idea I had. For when we really do it, I'd get (or build) a much higher-res model for our work. This one of just a rip of the Dragon battle model. (The same dragon I used for that image of the dragon breathing fire in a much earlier post...)

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Alhexx

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #44 on: 2002-07-21 11:18:05 »
Well, is this dragon "personal" - I mean has it got something to do with us? Does it represent us ?!?

- Alhexx

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #45 on: 2002-07-21 13:10:58 »
Well, the dragon is kinda cool, but I think I'd have to say I kinda like the current logo better...

...Dunno.

Goku7

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #46 on: 2002-07-21 22:14:28 »
[lame idea mode]
Why don't we just rip off the symbol from the Quickie Mart? :lol: [/lame idea mode]

I'd have to agree with Cadd about the convention thing, though.  Not to mention, I don't think we could agree on a place to hold it, anyway, considering we're spread out all over the planet!

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #47 on: 2002-07-22 16:27:08 »
Okay... it looks like black T-shirts will be a rather expensive option. Even though I can sell the shirts below retail pricing (about 5%), 99dogs.com still forces me to charge certain minimum prices, as follows:

White T-shirt, 1-sided: $12.65
White T-shirt, 2-sided: $15.40
Black T-shirt, 1-sided: $17.60
Black T-shirt, 2-sided: $22.00

Now add the $10 international shipping to that, and you get an OUCH. Are you ready to pack up $27.60 (or $32.00!) for a Qhimm.com T-shirt? If it helps your decision, if more than 16 T-shirts are sold, a share of the profit will come back to Qhimm.com -- something like three months' worth of web hosting :)

...Well, that last detail rather depends on how we can sort out the contracting. Seph3D, if you act as contact person, that "potential" money will be paid to you personally. Do you have means to transfer these to, say, a PayPal account?

Anyway, I'll most likely be setting up a CafePress.com shop too. Partly because the white T-shirts & shipping are cheaper, but also because we can create other products too. If a T-shirt isn't your taste, there are always mugs and mousepads  :wink:

Goku7

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #48 on: 2002-07-22 19:01:11 »
And "Qhimm's Forums" baseball caps....... :P

Alhexx

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #49 on: 2002-07-22 19:06:58 »
.... and not to forget: Qhimm's Forum coffe cup's ! :D

- Alhexx