Author Topic: Steam, mods and lgp/unlgp  (Read 2164 times)

slickvick

• Dying ain't much of a living
    • View Profile
Steam, mods and lgp/unlgp
« on: 2014-08-26 23:44:25 »
I posted awhile back trying to use mods and not having much luck cause my laptop is kinda cheap and a little old with no memory for the graphics, so therefore i was getting crashes and lots of hangups.

I have however had great success inserting models just by downloading them individually and and using the lgp/unlgp tool to modify my battle.lgp and so on. I was just wondering if anybody knew how far I could go with this? Could I change to some updated enemy models or the backgrounds, or better yet the non playable characters. Does anyone have the files for just the npc's? I found character models easy but not much for the other characters or enemies.

Also for other steamers the lgp/unlgp tool and just changing the battle.lgp and char.lgp files doesn't affect the steam achievements, or at least they didn't on mine.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Steam, mods and lgp/unlgp
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-26 23:49:51 »
The achievements are going to be almost entirely affected by the game's .exe itself and by flevel.lgp. The exe looks for certain variable values, and awards achievements based on those, but by modifying your flevel or your save, you can affect those variables.

slickvick

• Dying ain't much of a living
    • View Profile
Re: Steam, mods and lgp/unlgp
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-27 02:13:50 »
In truth I don't really care about the achievements. Mainly I just wanted to see how many improvements I can make by manipulating the battle.lgp and char.lgp before it causes any dragging or lock ups. I have already installed updated character models for the good guys in battle and field and I just found some battles scenes in lgp that I can try. I am still looking for some new field backgrounds, enemy and npc upgrades in lgp as I assume those can be altered in this way too.

Especially those npc's, looks funny cloud and the gang running around looking awesome in a world of lego people  :-D