Author Topic: Any trainers for FF7 that work with the 1.02 patch?  (Read 5166 times)

Shaun500

Basically, any trainers that will work with the Chocobo patch?

I have tried over 10+ trainers, every single one I could find online before, until I realized that all of them were made for 1.00, and that the 1.02 patch which fixed the Chocobo Racing was incompatible...

But I remember there was ONE. Just ONE trainer that worked...
I forgot which one was it, anyone here know the link?

corpse

• View Profile
Any trainers for FF7 that work with the 1.02 patch?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-01-23 11:17:55 »
Hi

Are you using windows XP, if your are some of these trainers won't work. I belive its something to do with memory being access differently to win9x.

You wish to try using L. Spiro's memory Hacking

http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php

corpse

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-01-23 22:36:56 »
yeah the pointer is placed deep in the memory which was possible in 9x kernel but wasnt in NT kernel because its more uptight or something...

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #3 on: 2006-01-24 05:58:30 »
First I thought I'd clear up, the chocobo racing issue was not fixed with the official 1.02 patch, only with jedwin's unofficial chocobo fix ("the chocobo patch"). As has been said though, trainers made for 1.00 won't work for 1.02 (due to the different memory layouts of the two version), and trainers made on the Windows 9x platform will not necessarily work on Windows XP due to the stricter memory access policy.

However, the chocobo patch works with either FF7 version and does not reduce "trainability", i.e. a trainer that works for the original 1.00 will still work for 1.00+chocobo patch. FF7 is available in so many versions (and languages) though, so if you really want to be able to run trainers you'd be best off trying to find an original 1.00 executable. And if that won't run on your PC, well then you're in a spot of bad luck. Have I mentioned the possibility of emulating FF7PSX instead?

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-01-24 11:41:24 »
emulating works really well with the emulator I use (ePSXe), you can speed up the game and adjust different things.

Then i bought the PC version about 3 years ago and thought the emulated one was better until i found this forum :o

My point is that the PC version is better because you install the patches found here :P

btw is it illigal to post the official FF7.exe and FF7config?

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #5 on: 2006-01-24 13:05:19 »
It's probably a better idea not to do that -- Anyone who has the game should have those files anyway (they're sitting in the root of the install CD).

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-01-24 22:03:16 »
Why would you/anyone post it anyways? Its a bad idea. I would emulate it, but the computer version runs better on mines now, and the CD broke as well as Legend of Dragoon... :weep: Now all I have is Final Fantasy Tactics...

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-01-25 00:34:36 »
thats why i like having every Final Fantasy game even the crappy ones on the gameboy (all 3 for 10€ good deal eh?)

Emulating PS1 games works lagless on a Pentium II 400Mhz with a 32MB graphic card so i dont think thats a problem :o